Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm..I dont think anybody said that MvC3 doesnt requires strategy.
It's more accessible due to the fighting mechanics. Any1 can do a simple combo, L,M,H,S Jump M,M,H,S, wolverine's loop combo is 1 example. But to really make use of all the DHC glitch, proper assist takes time & practice too.

no one said it doesnt require strategy.

I said SF require more strategy.

Just because you there are endless possibilities with MVC and you can come up with crazy good strategies doesnt mean you have to. Like using Amaterasu or Hulk.

The strategy goes out the window when someone can use XFactor and take out 3 people with one. In SF you dont get that sort of bonus at all. You get one health bar and when its out its game over.

MVC has replenishing health and 3 health bars at that...

You can get away with a lot more shìt in MVC than in SF. No doubt aboutit

I think Nick will agree with me on this, but I find that with MvC a button masher with just a little bit of skill can hold their own (but usually lose) against a highly skilled fighter.

SF not so much.

I think Nick will agree with me on this, but I find that with MvC a button masher with just a little bit of skill can hold their own (but usually lose) against a highly skilled fighter.

Ehh....that works against a decent player. But if you play someone who really knows what they are doing you'll see that button mashing (Amaterasu excluded) won't cut it. If you want to see what I mean, feel free to pop the disc in for a match or two JyE :D

I do agree though that button mashing wont get you anywhere in SF where as in MVC you can hold your own against many players or in arcade

no one said it doesnt require strategy.

I said SF require more strategy.

Just because you there are endless possibilities with MVC and you can come up with crazy good strategies doesnt mean you have to. Like using Amaterasu or Hulk.

The strategy goes out the window when someone can use XFactor and take out 3 people with one. In SF you dont get that sort of bonus at all. You get one health bar and when its out its game over.

MVC has replenishing health and 3 health bars at that...

You can get away with a lot more shìt in MVC than in SF. No doubt aboutit

Um XFACTOR lasts for only a few seconds... (and its shorter in UMVC3). You cannot take out all 3 opponents on xfactor alone unless the person really really sucks. You say that you never implied that MVC3 doesnt require strategy but in your post once again you state that "strategy is thrown out the window because of xfactor". You contradict yourself several times. So which is it? It doesnt require strategy because of XFACTOR? ok...

SFIV is an out dated, reskinned port all possibilities have been exhausted long before the game was ever made.

Last edited:
Its funny because up until now MVC3 was never a button mashing game.... in UMVC3 button smashing leads to greater damage inflicted.. but if you want to suggest that MVC3 requires little skill, then stick to your street fighter. The big boys will play their own game.

Um XFACTOR lasts for only a few seconds... (and its shorter in UMVC3). You cannot take out all 3 opponents on xfactor alone unless the person really really sucks. You say that you never implied that MVC3 doesnt require strategy but in your post once again you state that "strategy is thrown out the window because of xfactor". You contradict yourself several times. So which is it? It doesnt require strategy because of XFACTOR? ok...

SF is an out dated port all possibilities have been exhausted long before the game was even made.

Its funny because up until now MVC3 was never a button mashing game.... in UMVC3 button smashing leads to greater damage inflicted.. but if you want to suggest that MVC3 requires little skill, then stick to your street fighter. The big boys will play their own game.

:chillpill:

I think this is why I'm really looking forward to the gameplay of Street Fighter X Tekken. Even though I can't say I'm a huge fan of Tekken, the game mechanics seem to be a little bit of SF4 with a little bit of MvC type flashyness, like faster pace and more combos, juggles, and tag combos, etc. That game seems like it will be a really good enjoyable middle ground.

I'm so tired of people being hard asses on the internet because they think they know everything and are always right, regardless of how dim they really are lol. That's all I'm going to say...

Back on topic, this game looks great! Can't wait to to kick some ass on it!

i'm sure things will be quite different with the updates and new characters

I'm thinking Taskmaster, Akuma, and maybe Nova, Strange, or Hawkeye for my main three but I dont even have a main three at all anymore lol

DOn't think this was posted anywhere. (From SDCC) I believe this is the intro to the game. Apparently it's going to be longer, this is just a sample.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLJhGZcADP8&feature=related"]Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Treat trailer SDCC 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

I'm so tired of people being hard asses on the internet because they think they know everything and are always right, regardless of how dim they really are lol. That's all I'm going to say...

Back on topic, this game looks great! Can't wait to to kick some ass on it!

how am I being a hard ass? If anything apparently you can't respect other people's opinions and when they call you out on something, you can't justify your blanket statement. anyways...

moving on.

my opinion is mvc3 >>>>>>>>>> sf4.

so what.

I didnt harp on any of your opinions.. You act like you are always right, but you made a contradictory statement. You did say it did not require strategy (as dim witted as that sounds).

---

being a hard ass is using vulgar language and making idle threats, i did none of the above. maybe you should open up a dictionary and look up some words in the English language.

how am I being a hard ass? If anything apparently you can't respect other people's opinions and when they call you out on something, you can't justify your blanket statement. anyways...

moving on.

my opinion is mvc3 >>>>>>>>>> sf4.

so what.

I didnt harp on any of your opinions.. You act like you are always right, but you made a contradictory statement. You did say it did not require strategy (as dim witted as that sounds).

---

being a hard ass is using vulgar language and making idle threats, i did none of the above. maybe you should open up a dictionary and look up some words in the English language.

Well, when nearly all your friends trade in/drop MvC 3 in favor of SSF4 or MK9, do you think that's because they suck at MVC 3, or something else? Nearly all of mine dropped that game and talked down on it badly. I used to defend the game because I liked it and felt that I was quite good on it.

I too experienced the "change" from going back to SF4 from MvC 3. It was in fact, the hardest change I've ever delt with in the fighting genre. SSF4 felt incredibly slow and I wanted to get up off the ground immediately, in order to stop people from spamming the "crossover-i'll jump over you and kick you in the back of the head with my KNEE" bulls#!+. Somehow, I got used to the games speed again, and became far better than I was before on it. As for MvC 3, I rarely play it because nearly all my friends dropped it. I like both games, but SSF4 is where everyone comes out to play for me.

Whatever though. Lately, I've been booting up Capcom vs. SNK 2 along with SF3: Third Strike on my crusty Ps2. They seriously need to re-release Capcom vs. SNK 2 on PSN/X Box live. That game is the S#!+ :lecture !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back