Action Figure Ultimate Avengers Diorama!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, thanks so much for the interest and support in the development of my diorama project.

It has to be said that some statues poses are not totally in keeping with the overall scene but the objective of this project was simply to display my favourite Avengers statues in a custom built display scene rather than just a glass box on a shelf.

I've attempted to get all statues that closely fit the theme which is that they are getting ready to fight..

With that in mind I think they are all in fairly good poses but this is secondary to the most important, that they are all in their own right amazing sculptures and hopefully the finish product will do them al justice individually.

Many thanks

P

THIS IS AWESOME!!! The statues all look awesome... and the Dio is a great idea.... I can't wait to see it finished.

P.S. If you put a shattered Sentinel head in the foreground it would TOTALLY rock... that or maybe some broken robots and the like.

THIS IS AWESOME!!! The statues all look awesome... and the Dio is a great idea.... I can't wait to see it finished.

P.S. If you put a shattered Sentinel head in the foreground it would TOTALLY rock... that or maybe some broken robots and the like.

Thanks Dude!! I think the cable vs Sentinel staue would be perfect for this...I'll keep a look out for one, they seem pretty rare!!

Here's a couple of pics of some mods (Milliput) I'm making to the base to blend in with Iron Man more. Just need to wait for it to dry and then paint...

I've ordered some field grass so I can make a few reeds etc...stay tuned!! ;)

110.png
111.png
112.JPG

dio3.JPG

Last edited:
Thor, grass and additional effects...

So finally Thor has arrived!!! He looks great but I've had to change my original order because his cape is so massive!! He was going to be on the left above Iron Man but now as you can see he's on the right and looks good there I think...

I cancelled my Koto Hawk and am buying the Bowen action Hawk, he can stand above Iron Man..

Please also let me know what you think of the grass... I've never done any of this before. Yup, first ever attempt at building anything like this so it's all learning as I go...

Sorry about the poor photo quality...iPhone!!!

Cheers

dio5.jpg

20.JPG
19.JPG

...also did some additional effects on the front lip of rock around Hulk..

21.JPG

Last edited:
I think the grass adds interesting contrast, but be careful as they may throw off the scale. Some may be a bit too tall. Moss sheets could look good also. Great job!

I think the grass adds interesting contrast, but be careful as they may throw off the scale. Some may be a bit too tall. Moss sheets could look good also. Great job!

OK cool, thanks for the feedback. Any ones in particular you think need a trim and I'll take to them with the sheers!!

;)

Looks awesome. some great detail too. what are you using for the rock face? are you coating it with something after you are done carving it?

Looks awesome. some great detail too. what are you using for the rock face? are you coating it with something after you are done carving it?

I'm making a full tutorial and will post it on You Tube once I'm finished but I rough cut with a craft knife, then roll a tin foil ball over it to give it texture, tehn I coat with PVA glue, then grey under coat, then dark grey base coat, then dry brush light grey...hey presto - rock!!

:hi5:

Man, you've just made me think about getting that action Thor.

Honestly, I'd get rid of the grass if I were you. Not that it doesn't look good but the rocks look better by themselves imo

Great Thor!

I think the grass adds a nice little contract but at the some time my looks a bit out of place.

The Mighty Thor!!

Thor addition complete....Hawk arrives Friday, project should be complete this weekend!!

...then I'll leave all you poor souls alone with this damned thing!!!

:hi5:

DSCN2062s.jpg

Back