Action Figure Ultimate Avengers Diorama!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"in" the cards :lecture :1-1:

Apparently the saying in the States is 'In the cards' but outside the States it's 'On the cards'. I don't know where the change came from but both mean the same thing and originate from old tarrot readers who used cards to read your future...

:dunno

Apparently the saying in the States is 'In the cards' but outside the States it's 'On the cards'. I don't know where the change came from but both mean the same thing and originate from old tarrot readers who used cards to read your future...

:dunno

Ha I don't know that. Cool!

"On the cards"...lol. I bet you guys measure in meters as well. :lol

ugh, Americans and they're tendency to make everything more feaking complicated!
Temperature - Celcius: 0 = freezing point, Fahrenheit: 32 LOGIC!

Distances - Metric 1km = 1000m = 100000 cm, US 1 mile = 1760 yards 1yard = 3feet, 1foot = 12inches (divided into 1/16th..... :dunno:slap) LOGIC!

I'll skip weights and liquids cause it's the same giant clusterf.

Rant over :wave

OK so my new Hawk has arrived, I went for the Bowen museum classic Hawk because the pose is by far the best for my diorama project and the sculpt looked pretty good, I also wanted a classic Hawk as he's a childhood favourite. Sadly as appears to be the case for most bowen statues the paint is very poor! There isn't any shading anywhere...just block colour!

I would have preferred the new Koto Hawk in almost every way other than the pose just wouldn't have worked with my dio!

Hawk will definately be getting a custom make over, much like Cap did...see pics below, I have added a little shading as there is not an ounce of shaing and it makes them look like a Ken dolls!

I think he's the right choice to finish this piece off though... I should have it completed this weekend..

23.JPG

hawk1.JPG
cap_shade.JPG

ugh, Americans and they're tendency to make everything more feaking complicated!
Temperature - Celcius: 0 = freezing point, Fahrenheit: 32 LOGIC!

Distances - Metric 1km = 1000m = 100000 cm, US 1 mile = 1760 yards 1yard = 3feet, 1foot = 12inches (divided into 1/16th..... :dunno:slap) LOGIC!

I'll skip weights and liquids cause it's the same giant clusterf.

Rant over :wave

So true man! LOL.

OK so my new Hawk has arrived, I went for the Bowen museum classic Hawk because the pose is by far the best for my diorama project and the sculpt looked pretty good, I also wanted a classic Hawk as he's a childhood favourite. Sadly as appears to be the case for most bowen statues the paint is very poor! There isn't any shading anywhere...just block colour!

I would have preferred the new Koto Hawk in almost every way other than the pose just wouldn't have worked with my dio!

Hawk will definately be getting a custom make over, much like Cap did...see pics below, I have added a little shading as there is not an ounce of shaing and it makes them look like a Ken dolls!

I think he's the right choice to finish this piece off though... I should have it completed this weekend..

23.JPG

hawk1.JPG
cap_shade.JPG

This looks outstanding.

OK so the project is almost complete, I could carry on with finer details and there is more that I know I can do but for the most part this is it...and for thise that haven't been following along or for the final set of pictures (hopefully!), here they are...

I've learnt a lot in making this piece, I know it could be a lot better but I'm pleased with the result.

Thanks for looking and for your support!

008.JPG

006.JPG
005.JPG
001.JPG
003.JPG
007.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG

Thanks so much for your comments, I know there are things that could be better, but perhaps not bad for a first attempt..

I did really enjoy the project, in particular learning new techniques and playing with different materials..

I will post a complete project 'how-to' shortly.

Cheers

:hi5:

:yess:

Back