UC new line of LOTR swords

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These were on the back burner for a while now...Since UC went Chap 11 and then Bud K acquired them.
Sam's sword along with the WK Dagger and a few others were all planned before the 'fall' of UC....they're just continuing where they left off!

I hope they make the MC Shards of Narsil that they planned or at least discussed internally...it would have been really something special!

Isildur's sword looks great. I've been looking into some UC pieces, recently. Watching the trilogy again gave me an urge to buy some. Plus, they look freakin' sweet. :rock

Never collected any of the swords but generally what do people think regarding the quality of the UC versions versus the Noble ones? Was thinking of putting together a little collection with a Bilbo theme and looking at getting Sting with a scabbard - the Noble scabbard colour looks slightly "off" but I've heard the quality is better than the UC - comments greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Never collected any of the swords but generally what do people think regarding the quality of the UC versions versus the Noble ones? Was thinking of putting together a little collection with a Bilbo theme and looking at getting Sting with a scabbard - the Noble scabbard colour looks slightly "off" but I've heard the quality is better than the UC - comments greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Always gone with UC myself as I believe they are the more accurate of the two :) and, if I am being honest, the quality of UC is absolutely superb, never had a problem with them (apart from the first wave of GTW staffs) As I have never owned a NC piece I won't comment on their quality but I am not sure how they could be better! :lol
Hey GG :wave

Awesome :rock. I'm looking forward to to picking some up, soon.

Sounds good Tugger :rock Look forward to seeing piccies of some :)

I can vouch for UC's quality also as I have Sting. I really don't see how any other company can do better either, the detail is just awesome!

Yup, UC is always the way to go :lecture

I have had both UC and Noble Sting, and I can say without a doubt that the UC is better quailty. And it's also 'hobbit sized', whereas the Noble one is bigger, 'human size'. I kept the UC one. :)

I am going to bump this thread. Some of the guys at weta collectors and I are trying to categorize the UC LOTR swords on Collection Stash but the original pricing details are proving to be a little difficult.

Does anyone remember the original retail cost of the ones we have added so far:

https://www.collectionstash.com/collectibles/search?m=25&o=a

Or where a good place would be to get that information?

If it helps I bought Sting in november 2001 and Glamdring in december 2001,
almost directly after release, from a company called Arms of Valor for US $150
and US $199 respectively. I assume these were the original retail prices.

Back