Tyrannosaurus rex maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any news yet?

by the way nice photos of your allosaurus vs camarasaurus diorama.... also the 1:10 scale t-rex diorama (the other post) is AWESOME! will you buy it???:hi5:

ohh and also I think that I'll take your word of asking you the favor of buying in the US and ship it to me... :thud:
it's not secure but theres a HotToys Predalien on ebay at a very good price... =)
if so... can you help me? :pray:

Thank you!

I don't know..I loved it at first..but I've been spoiled by so many paleo-experts tearing it down. I also have no idea where I put it..lol

Contact me at chriskastnerAThotmail.com and we'll see about it.

I love my 1:10 Dio

Man..that sucker is freakin' HUGE ! I'm always re-impressed when I get to see it again.

Contact me at chriskastnerAThotmail.com and we'll see about it.

sorry for the late reply! thank you! I didn't buy it, i realise that i didnt fit the money... but i really thank you! by the way I contacted Galileo and he told me that he lives in Mexico City... I used to live there, so in vacation I'll try to meet him in person and buy atelast one of his great pieces!!!

Been gone awhile; all the real world stuff tends to keep me away. I wasn't sure where to post this so sorry if this isn't the place. Really enjoyed reading about all the other dino kits out there however.

After sitting unfinished for nearly a decade I finally completed Tony McVey's 1/18 scale Carnotaurus sastrei. Lighting is crappy but I believe the beauty of the sculpt itself isn't lost. I know some like to see their theropods a little bulkier but I was always of the opinion that leanness was a more accurate depiction of these predators in the wild. Here the carno could be thought of gorging on its latest kill after a long famine; or just lucky enough to chance on a fresh carcass -hope you like.

Keep posting those dinos all! :wave

IMG_2782.jpg

Nice buildup! I can't see from this angle, but do you know what animal it seems to be feeding on?

Nice buildup! I can't see from this angle, but do you know what animal it seems to be feeding on?

Thanks Dan! :)
I'm not sure but I'm assuming that its one of the sauropodomorph titanosaurs whose fossils were also of similar age and location as the carno. Here's some better angle shots (again sorry for the pic quality which doesn't really do the piece justice).

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

Yeah, that's what my guess would be as well. Tony doesn't produce the kits any more, so make sure you take good care of that one!

Beautiful job bro ! ;D

I love that kit..maybe one day I'll find one myself. You ever sell keep me in me in mind. ;)

It's a bit gory I guess but I would love if Sideshow did one with a carcass base as well. You can def see how bird-like theropods are.

Tony tends to prefer to the slimmer look for his dinos you can see it in all of them...just reference the new Spino he did. It's not bad at all and I really like all his interpretations.

You could say this was a younger specimen and so quite lean for running down prey and bulkier versions like the Sideshow one is an older adult..much like how T-Rex is being viewed by some now.

I'd love to own one of these. I have a hunch the bidding will go too rich for my blood!

I got too many HT products on ore-order anyways. :(

545 US$ for the T-Rex maquette isn´t so much, there are a few gone for over 700US$...:slap

but at the end of the day it's just a dinosaur statue....

... But that's not exactly how fans of this line like me think... "at the end of the day, "it IS a dinosaur statue... I have another freakin' badass DINOSAUR STATUE!!! Great day indeed!""

... But that's not exactly how fans of this line like me think... "at the end of the day, "it IS a dinosaur statue... I have another freakin' badass DINOSAUR STATUE!!! Great day indeed!""

:exactly::goodpost:

It's actually a real pity, & frankly perplexing, that more fans have not embraced this line.:dunno:( I mean these creatures were so fantastic, in sheer size, diversity, & uniqueness, that they should (& do!) rival any fantasy based creature ever created. Oh, and being real creatures, that roamed the earth for 200 million years, just seals the deal,..............................you would think.:thud::slap

It's actually a real pity, & frankly perplexing, that more fans have not embraced this line.:dunno:( I mean these creatures were so fantastic, in sheer size, diversity, & uniqueness, that they should (& do!) rival any fantasy based creature ever created. Oh, and being real creatures, that roamed the earth for 200 million years, just seals the deal,..............................you would think.:thud::slap

:lecture:clap

No Marvel, Star Wars, DC, etc. character could compare to real beings, such as Dinosaurs. Unfortunately, many still think that the Jurassic Park creatures are good representatives of what Dinosaurs were like. You can see that, as people are always asking when the JP license will be further expanded. If Sideshow hadn't screwed the first piece up, that line may have done well, which I would have been very happy about.:(

Couldn't agree more! :exactly::goodpost::clap

but at the end of the day it's just a dinosaur statue....

That's like saying a Ferrari is just a car to a car enthusiast or a Great White is just a fish. lol While true, fans and collectors are into what they are into despite it being " just " anything. ;)

Here are some pics I took of David Krentz's 1/40 Rex resin kit :

298711_3704016875554_583770868_n.jpg

423874_3704017035558_1308700978_n.jpg

185184_3704017155561_1179226777_n.jpg

418665_3704013595472_51309817_n.jpg

538811_3704013875479_752810108_n.jpg

Blade, as always, your pics are brilliant! The Tri skull on the base is truly a beautiful touch. Congrats on one helleva great set-up.:clap:clap:clap

Back