Two Towers Reminder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JAWS said:
TTT sounds more like.....well a soundtrack. It's a darker film so there are many quieter moments but without much melody. There are great moments such as the Rohan theme, Last March of the Ents, and Shadowfax theme as well as a few other great moments but it's just not a perfect soundtrack like FOTR is.
This echoes my thoughts exactly. I love the music from all three films, but as I listened to the Two Towers CDs, I couldn't help but hear them more as musical cues to on-screen action, rather than self-sustaining compositions. But, as background music goes, it is still a top-notch soundtrack.

wampachow said:
I assume you heard about Basil then? Conan, Robocop and Red October all rule.

While I like Robo and Red October IMO nothing he has done has come close to Conan. Nothing anyone has done has really come that close. FOTR, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark are the only scores in the same league IMO.

The Rohan theme alone is reason enough for me, but I must admit I always found ROTK to have the weakest of the three scores.

JAWS said:
While I like Robo and Red October IMO nothing he has done has come close to Conan. Nothing anyone has done has really come that close. FOTR, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark are the only scores in the same league IMO.

The Conan soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks ever written. I love it!

JAWS said:
Oh by the way my fav. soundttrack of all time.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN - nothing else comes close!!!!

I was very sad to read on soundtrack.net today that Basil Poledouris has died from cancer at the age of 61.

Conan is one of my favourite soundtracks too as well as one of my fav films.
It's strange because i was only just watching the "making of" documentary on the 2 disc special edition of Conan on tuesday evening.

My thoughts go out to Basil's family and friends.
Many thanks for making Conan The Barbarian come alive!.

JAWS said:
Crap I did not know that. When Wampachow said "I assume you heard about Basil then" it just did not register.

That truly sucks.

R.I.P. Basil

Sorry I should've been more specific. We've lost so many great composers in the last few years - Goldsmith & Bernstein among too many others...

Back