Two Towers Reminder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonnamiraTook

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The complete recording will be released next Tuesday, Nov. 7. $60.99 on Amazon.com.

I'm sure a lot fans are looking forward to this one even at that price.

DonnamiraTook said:
The complete recording will be released next Tuesday, Nov. 7. $60.99 on Amazon.com.

I'm sure a lot fans are looking forward to this one even at that price.

Thanks for the reminder Donnamira. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this. It's going to be well worth the year long wait. It's just like waiting for each film again but on a smaller scale. The excitement that is building up again is very similar for me personally as i'm sure it is for a lot of fans.
The only disappointment for me is that in the UK it's not being released until the 17th November :confused: (according to HMV's website, and they are pretty reliable).
The 17th being a friday, it's probably correct as most new releases in the UK are on a monday or friday.

I've got mine coming from Amazon and I'm pretty excited about it. The FOTR package was terrific and this will be a nice companion. Now just one more year until we can complete the collection. And we have confirmation from both Howard Shore and Doug Adams that the ROTK set will indeed fill four CDs instead of the three used for the first two sets.

ok im out of the loop here...

can anyone give me a rundown on what this is about?

I thought they just released the special edition DVDs...now theyre doing another set?

How does this differ from the extended versions?

No, this is the soundtrack--the complete music from the extended edition on three compact discs, with a DVD featuring the entire score in 5.1 surround sound. But it's a music only release.

nash said:
ok im out of the loop here...

can anyone give me a rundown on what this is about?

I thought they just released the special edition DVDs...now theyre doing another set?

How does this differ from the extended versions?

Hey Nash, this isn't DVD's. This is the complete recordings of the soundtracks (orchestration & etc.) from the Two Towers on cd.

Here ya go....

Fellowship

https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-F...=pd_bbs_2/002-3410570-8860829?ie=UTF8&s=music

Two Towers

https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-T..._bbs_sr_1/002-3410570-8860829?ie=UTF8&s=music

Is this supposed to be the "definitive" complete recordings? I hate buying multiples. Star Wars paranoia.

Raven said:
Is this supposed to be the "definitive" complete recordings? I hate buying multiples. Star Wars paranoia.

I understand the paranoia, but I don't think it's gets more complete or thorough than this.

ah ok thanks guys. i feel like a dork now haha.

It's cheaper if you are a member at Barnes & Noble. I'm not a member of their club, so I ordered from Amazon. Best Buy gives you a whole dollar off MSRP.

tomandshell said:
It's cheaper if you are a member at Barnes & Noble. I'm not a member of their club, so I ordered from Amazon. Best Buy gives you a whole dollar off MSRP.

Best Buy charges tax . . .and Amazon doesnt.

The list price for the FOTR box was $60, but the price for TTT is $75. So wherever you get it, it's going to be more expensive than the first set.

:monkey2

I recommend becoming a Barnes & Noble member. It more than pays for itself. I was able to order TTT for $52 shipped using an on-line coupon. The have them pretty often for members.

Its very, very strange they didn't stick with the same colour scheme as the extended dvd sets.

Dvd = Film = CD
Green = FOTR = Red
Red = TT = Blue
Blue = RotK = Green (???)

Nevertheless, I can't wait to get these...

yes they did not follow the colour scheme of the dvds but rather the previously released limited edition leatherette soundtracks. we did discuss this on the other soundtrack thread... with different ppl guessing on the reasons why they decided to go with this scheme. though i would have prefered all to standardise according to the extended dvds packaging colours... but what has been done cannot be changed, so just accepting it. :cool:

I went with CD Universe, $4 or $2 it doesn't matter ... that is a MUCH better deal than I have seen.

Back