Two Towers Reminder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stupid CD Universe preorder is on backorder! And I preordered months ago!

I guess I'll have to be content with the 30-second previews on iTunes for the time-being. The new discs are on iTunes, but they have the wrong disc art...

On that note, perhaps the extra $3 of ordering from Amazon saved me the headache of waiting for it had I ordered mine from CD Universe. Mine arrives tomorrow too . . .

Curse CD Universe!!! I hadn't used them in a number of years because they screwed up an order. I shouldn't have given them a second chance, dag nabbit!:emperor

Mine arrived in town at 6:15 this morning, but they didn't feel like putting it on the truck and delivering it. So I guess tomorrow is the day. Can't wait!!!

Was going to by FOTR last year but the price was just too high. Well I had a gift card so I got FOTR and TTT today. Great collections but the price is still way too high. $45.00 should be the top price at most. $60.00 and $75.00 is just a tad silly!

I know I could get them cheaper elsewhere but I had a gift card and I just could not see myself spending $120.00 of real cash on these.

JAWS said:
Was going to by FOTR last year but the price was just too high. Well I had a gift card so I got FOTR and TTT today. Great collections but the price is still way too high. $45.00 should be the top price at most. $60.00 and $75.00 is just a tad silly!

I know I could get them cheaper elsewhere but I had a gift card and I just could not see myself spending $120.00 of real cash on these.

Its not just high... its way f****** high!! :(

For a film score nerd, it's like a dream come true. 70 bucks is a little steep, but it's 4 discs and packaged beautifully with a booklet that's actually interesting to read. I really think it's worth the price. And it's exactly how the Star Wars prequels should have been treated. Instead we have a mediocre Ep1 2-disc release and 1-disc releases of Ep2 and Ep3.

wampachow said:
For a film score nerd, it's like a dream come true. 70 bucks is a little steep, but it's 4 discs and packaged beautifully with a booklet that's actually interesting to read. I really think it's worth the price. And it's exactly how the Star Wars prequels should have been treated. Instead we have a mediocre Ep1 2-disc release and 1-disc releases of Ep2 and Ep3.

I can understand them not releasing 2-disc sets for Eps II and III. A lot of the music was recycled from Ep I. Listen to Anakin and Padme's arrival on Geonosis. Same music as the arrival on Curuscant in Ep. I. Note for note. Beat for beat. I rather like the Ep I 2-disc. There's not a thing missing. And no, I do not care about "John William's uncut music of the final moments of TPM." It wasn't in the film, so I don't think the album is incomplete without it, anymore than I would have missed having the alternate tracks for the opening crawl on the ANH discs.

I ordered mine of Amazon. I have to wait a little longer to get it, because I ordered a bribe for my wife not to be upset over the purchase.

The are definitely cues in Ep2 and Ep3 that I miss not having. (Of course I can't think of them off the top of my head.) And I do like the amount of score on the Ep1 set, there are just a few nasty music edits that I wish were missing.

As for the classic sets, I agree about not needing the multiple recordings of the SW opening crawl, but I love having some of the Jabba and Ewok source music. And there are even more tracks from the earlier SW 4-disc set (which also included a great booklet) that weren't on the newer sets.

It seems like they're getting it right the first time with the LOTR complete sets. I hope not to see Complete-er sets in the near future.

So here's a little more LOTR music news. Remember those nice remixes of Requiem for a Dream that were used for the TTT trailers? There are several recreations out on there the web, but the real versions were never available - until now.

The album, Requiem for a Tower has been released by Corner Stone Cues. The first three tracks are the trailer remixes! You can read a review here. I can't find any evidence of a CD or even a website for Corner Stone Cues. But the album is on out there on iTunes.

WrathofSauron said:
Hey Jaws any chance of a quick review of TTT soundtrack when you listen to it? :D

Well I did a quick listen the other night. That means I sat for about an hour and listened to parts of all the tracks. Pretty much expect the same quality as the FOTR set.

However musically I find this the weakest of the LOTR film scores. I find that FOTR has by far the best scvore of the three films. All the tracks on that album sound almost like Concert pieces. They all have strong melodies and themes.

TTT sounds more like.....well a soundtrack. It's a darker film so there are many quieter moments but without much melody. There are great moments such as the Rohan theme, Last March of the Ents, and Shadowfax theme as well as a few other great moments but it's just not a perfect soundtrack like FOTR is.

It's how I felt about all the new Star Wars films also. While they had some great themes most of it just sounds like background music. Unlike the original trilogy were strong melodies and themes dominate.

Oh by the way my fav. soundttrack of all time.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN - nothing else comes close!!!!

JAWS said:
Oh by the way my fav. soundttrack of all time.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN - nothing else comes close!!!!

I assume you heard about Basil then? Conan, Robocop and Red October all rule.

Back