Statue Tweeterhead: Wonder Woman Super Power statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think collector's pics do a real disservice to the hobby. I opened mine earlier tonight and other than the neck seam it's actually a real nice statue. It's much better than the pics I've seen of this posted by other collectors. She's a tad too red in the fleshtones overall but not as bad as what I've seen in pics. The base is also much nicer in-hand than what I had seen. I was worried that her face didn't come out well until I opened mine and the face is near perfect. These close-up shots that people take and post are so distorted they really don't help at all. I should have learned my lesson and not judge these sculpts by these poor pictures people rush to post. This isn't the first time I've been surprised how well a statue has turned out so shame on me.

As far as the seam goes, the head I received fits better on the modern costume torso than the classic costume torso which kind of defeats the whole purpose of even having the second torso and the need to separate the head. I was planning to probably display the classic costume torso as we don't get as many WW collectibles displaying the golden eagle motif but the modern version may be the way to go. The idea of having to rotate this statue in a particular way to avoid seeing the seam sucks but I'm not gonna get my panties in a wad as overall, it's a real nice piece and a great addition to my WW collection. Onto Batman and Catwoman....

I see what you're saying but people would have been a lot more forgiving of any other minor issues if she didn't have that neck seam. And whilst pictures don't do a lot of pieces justice, how else are we to judge whether to shell out money on a piece?

I see what you're saying but people would have been a lot more forgiving of any other minor issues if she didn't have that neck seam. And whilst pictures don't do a lot of pieces justice, how else are we to judge whether to shell out money on a piece?

And most of us already know that pieces in general always look better in hand. Especially pieces that utilise translucent resins etc.

I generally account for this difference wherever I look at photos, but it doesn’t help of course when there is sloppy paint application or obvious seams etc.

And most of us already know that pieces in general always look better in hand. Especially pieces that utilise translucent resins etc.

I generally account for this difference wherever I look at photos, but it doesn’t help of course when there is sloppy paint application or obvious seams etc.

Absolutely, is best to look at different pics and vids if poss before deciding, you get a feel for different companies' quality too. For example, always wait for in hand pics unless it's prime 1 (and possibly xm)!

She is stunning. Yes the neck seam was an unfortunate engineering decision but this is one gorgeous WW statue and she will not leave my collection.

m6pcpz9.jpg

The neck seam doesn't dilute her beauty to me.
R6pViU4.jpg

08xx4Gw.jpg

rMOmoNo.jpg

PlFaIwr.jpg

She is stunning. Yes the neck seam was an unfortunate engineering decision but this is one gorgeous WW statue and she will not leave my collection.

m6pcpz9.jpg

The neck seam doesn't dilute her beauty to me.

Neck seam or no, she looks amazing... mine is scheduled to arrive today - I'll try to have some pics posted tonight.

I really think collector's pics do a real disservice to the hobby. I opened mine earlier tonight and other than the neck seam it's actually a real nice statue. It's much better than the pics I've seen of this posted by other collectors. She's a tad too red in the fleshtones overall but not as bad as what I've seen in pics. The base is also much nicer in-hand than what I had seen. I was worried that her face didn't come out well until I opened mine and the face is near perfect. These close-up shots that people take and post are so distorted they really don't help at all. I should have learned my lesson and not judge these sculpts by these poor pictures people rush to post. This isn't the first time I've been surprised how well a statue has turned out so shame on me.

As far as the seam goes, the head I received fits better on the modern costume torso than the classic costume torso which kind of defeats the whole purpose of even having the second torso and the need to separate the head. I was planning to probably display the classic costume torso as we don't get as many WW collectibles displaying the golden eagle motif but the modern version may be the way to go. The idea of having to rotate this statue in a particular way to avoid seeing the seam sucks but I'm not gonna get my panties in a wad as overall, it's a real nice piece and a great addition to my WW collection. Onto Batman and Catwoman....

I don't think anyone complained about her face being to red or paints being to flat, the only complaint I've seen from anyone who has received her was the seam issue.... I mostly used other peoples pictures as a source to see if there are any real issues like googly eyes, bad paint applications (such as not staying within the lines) or in this case seams... As for colors you really can't use pictures as some people have cheap cameras, bad lighting source, some people use lots of filters and even some people manipulate the coloring in Photoshop before uploading.. plus the lighting in your home where your going to display her will also have an affect on the coloring of the statue.

When collectors take pics it's under a macro lens and you see everything. My eyes don't register those issues at a normal viewing angle. My head fits the same on both torsos so I went with the classic eagle bodice.

Why is her head removable in the first place? I have t seen any alternative portrait. Why didn’t they just make it removable from the bust up, that would have hid the seam.

My WW arrived today, I'm really happy to say that she is completely amazing... This is, at least right now, my very favorite rendering of Wonder Woman, and I think is easily the most beautiful piece Tweeterhead has created so far. The sculpt is absolutely gorgeous, and her portrait is just stunning... The paint application on mine (#79 of 250) is absolutley flawless and IMO very well balanced in terns of color and shading. With the change out torsos, the option to display her with sword and / or shield, and the alternate bracers, you have a really wonderful display flexibility with her - and all of it at least on mine is executed brilliantly.

And to address the elephant in the room - The Seam... I know a LOT has been made about this, and a lot of deserved criticism has been leveled at Tweeterhead for designing this piece with the head being removable to accommodate the alternate torsos, with the resultant neck seam being a weak point waiting to happen... and if you get a copy where the head / neck alignment is even a little bit off, you end up with a gap that detracts markedly from the brilliance of the rest of the sculpt.

Having said that, if I had not seen the photos of the infamous neck gap, or read through the mountains of critical comments, I would have otherwise barely noticed it when I was assembled my copy... because here's what I found after having this piece in hand - the neck seam is actually really hard to see... I'm sure it helps that on my copy the head mates to both torsos with a nominal gap - and in that case you have to really go looking for it to have it register that it's actually there. When I was photographing her, I used the same setup I do for almost all my other statue photo sessions, and of all the angles I shot of her, there was only one where you could clearly see the gap - I included an enlargement below so you can see what it looks like on my copy. I'm not trying to make any excuses for Tweeterhead's design decision (pro tip - don't do a naked neck seam), and again, if you get a copy that's even a little bit off, the neck - head gap is probably going to be a lot more noticeable... I will only say that in my case the gap is entirely benign, and does not detract from the otherwise fantastic execution and beauty of this Wonder Woman.

Phew - that was a lot... I'm going to shut up now and just let the photos speak for themselves... I did include a bonus shot of her torso back without the head so you can see how beautifully sculpted her upper back musculature is sculpted, even though it is covered completely by her hear with the head on.

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 1 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 2 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 3 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 4 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 5 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 6 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 7 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 8 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 4 alt.jpg

Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 9 sm.jpg

Beautiful shots! You can see on the last one where the hair looks like its rubbing on the back. Like grphyx1 has mentioned, I'll bet if you dremel/sand that down a bit (and touch it up with a little black paint) you'll get an even better fit on the neck seam. Congrats!

BTW nice use of shadows in your shots...well done, citizen. :D

Beautiful shots! You can see on the last one where the hair looks like its rubbing on the back. Like grphyx1 has mentioned, I'll bet if you dremel/sand that down a bit (and touch it up with a little black paint) you'll get an even better fit on the neck seam. Congrats!

BTW nice use of shadows in your shots...well done, citizen. :D

Thank you karnis! And yeah, I noticed the slight rub mark on her back as well... Her hair completely covers it with her head on, so as you point out it's really just a mechanical interference issue... I will take your suggestion and dremel down that spot on her hair :)

Very nicely painted. Too bad for the seam on her neck. Wait, what seam? :) It doesn't seem to be a huge deal now.

It’s all in how you light it and at what angles you take your photos at, but the seam is definitely there.

So it’ll all be in how people display this piece in their collection.

It’s all in how you light it and at what angles you take your photos at, but the seam is definitely there.

So it’ll all be in how people display this piece in their collection.

True - though I've noticed that even though I have her displayed above eye level, there's really only one angle from which you can see the seam at all, on her left side just before the hairline. Honestly, I keep forgetting the seam is even there...

Back