Statue Tweeterhead: Wonder Woman Super Power statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... that's really terrible. I can't believe it came out like that.

There's no excuse for that.

It's the SS Taun Taun issue all over again!

Honestly we are hoping that Karnis' issue was an isolated case. There have not been many complaints about the seam at all.
Production photo
FJKDVAR.jpg

F4WIj6d.jpg

In those pictures the seam is not bad, if you position the statue so she's looking forward you probably won't even see the seam.. Now if she's posed looking to the side on a higher shelf and your really close up then you'll probably notice the very small seam...

In the future Chad should consider other alternatives, for example on this statue you would be better off just having the 1 torso and having her head attached to the body so there is no seam, you could key the top of her head so the hair could be separate in order to protect it from breakage while shipping....

Rule 1 of sculpting, there should never be visible seams on a statue. But many companies have made this mistake before, learn and move on to the next statue :)

After watching Chad's Facebook video today, I'm beginning to think the cause of my gap might be that the hairpiece is not glued perfectly centered on the head, and the bottom of the hair on the left is hitting the top of the shoulder prematurely, thus causing the head not to sit flush in the neck. I've contacted him and it looks like we're going to swap heads & see what happens. Stay tuned.

Rule 1 of sculpting, there should never be visible seams on a statue. But many companies have made this mistake before, learn and move on to the next statue :)

I'm beginning to think someone at TH must have skipped action figure vs statue class that day in nerd school. :D

Last edited:
Oh no Tweeterhead is slipping. I ordered mine directly from TH and that is just ridiculous. She is much too young and an immortal to have lines on her neck. How can they just pack it up like that and think that's cool.

Oh no Tweeterhead is slipping. I ordered mine directly from TH and that is just ridiculous. She is much too young and an immortal to have lines on her neck. How can they just pack it up like that and think that's cool.

Wait until you see the Superman pics popping up.

One owner called it the worst paint job on a released statue he'd ever seen.

They're probably using the same factory and/or paying for the same QC that Sideshow used for their last two Wonder Woman pieces.

I bet the painters are small children with amateur skills getting little to no rest in sweat shops getting paid the lowest salary ever.

I doubt that's true, given the supposed wages growth in China the past decade, and as such the increased manufacturing costs to.....well everyone.

I think it has more to do with the said increases, and Sideshow only willing to pay so much. As such if those Sideshow payments don't meet the increase in manufacturing costs, standards will inevitably drop. PCS once stated there are only so many high end statue factories around, and because of that they're always in high demand. So my assumption is that Sideshow and some others pays for quick and dirty whereas others pay for slow and steady.

China's is losing some low difficulty manufacturing to other countries, however I doubt that tech will move given the efficiencies of their tech plants.

Anybody got a shipping notice or any information on the Exclusive Version yet?

TH posted this on Statue Forum Yesterday:

"Hey,

We're just waiting on the EX WW to be delivered. I sound like a broken record but between the port congestion and getting through customs, it's really taking longer than expected.

I'll post pics the day she arrives!

On the other hand, Deb has emailed everyone who owed a balance. so if you haven't heard from her, please email her and cc me! [email protected]

THANKS"

So I think it will be a few weeks.

TH posted this on Statue Forum Yesterday:

"Hey,

We're just waiting on the EX WW to be delivered. I sound like a broken record but between the port congestion and getting through customs, it's really taking longer than expected.

I'll post pics the day she arrives!

On the other hand, Deb has emailed everyone who owed a balance. so if you haven't heard from her, please email her and cc me! [email protected]

THANKS"

So I think it will be a few weeks.

Thanks, bud! I'm thinking end of January.

Anyone get their shipping notice yet? All orders should be shipped by tomorrow. Can't wait to see this in person.

Back