Statue Tweeterhead DC Super Powers Supergirl 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a765b22054425842925f91d9f03b10b0.jpg

099b32447d88beb0e5549bace68bac24.jpg

f506300e92d23f249448a3617736186a.jpg

43d67a5618fd9310a1a4121f5791d8c9.jpg

a2e198f9fef56784fa791392f9d74c06.jpg

579e38c2e9de3d131f29f6b6cee7b920.jpg

I think her nose is off more than the mouth, weird looking nostrils. However, I love the old school costume and overall pose. Base is ehh. So many bases are ehh these days. That being said I am going to get this as I agree it's the best looking Super Girl out there. I have seen the non exclusive for $233 shipped, exclusive is $266 shipped. Not sure if the cat is worth the extra $30 or not but I'll probably go with the exclusive because it matches the '70s theme of the outfit.

Tweeterhead always does a terrific job painting their statues. Lots of pride doing these. I just wish it was her classic outfit, but I know I will end up ordering her just as well.

Has anyone received theirs yet? I receievd an e-mail saying they were going to send me an invoice but never heard back from them again. I'm glad they chose this outfit of hers. Tweeterhead's getting all of my DC Comics money now.

Has anyone received theirs yet? I receievd an e-mail saying they were going to send me an invoice but never heard back from them again. I'm glad they chose this outfit of hers. Tweeterhead's getting all of my DC Comics money now.

Do they send invoices? I thought they notified customers to go the website to pay the remainder of your balance.

Hi all,

So the reward certificate snafu (for those that ordered directly from TH) will be addressed in next week's live feed.

I like Supergirl overall, but her face looks like she was just blasted with some Joker toxin. If I scroll down and cut her off from lips down she looks amazing, but the eyes and smile just remind me of that, sorry to say.

I like Supergirl overall, but her face looks like she was just blasted with some Joker toxin. If I scroll down and cut her off from lips down she looks amazing, but the eyes and smile just remind me of that, sorry to say.

Unfortunately it does kind of have that joker look to her... I'm kind of surprised the sculptor didn't notice that when he did it. although it looks a bit more exaggerated in pictures then in person.

To me, pics do distort this effect- but it is there already on the statue. I can't understand how this face sculpt was ever approved as is. A little minor tweaking could have gone a long way to making it less creepy and a lot more attractive.

FWIW, I have this. While the portrait has never been a winner to me, I have definitely been less bothered by it over the month or so I've had it. Some statues I've owned have bugged me initially and then only made me more ticked the longer I owned them (the first SS Sonja immediately comes to mind). This one is shaping up to be the opposite for me.

And despite what I said previously, if you have this displayed on a higher shelf, so that the portrait is well above eye level, it will leave a much different impression than straight on or looking down on it.
Those angles exacerbate the problems. A low angle viewing position minimizes them.

There are plenty of nice display angles you can get out of this, portrait included, and I honestly don't regret getting it one bit.
I'm becoming pretty fond of it, actually.

And despite what I said previously, if you have this displayed on a higher shelf, so that the portrait is well above eye level, it will leave a much different impression than straight on or looking down on it.
Those angles exacerbate the problems. A low angle viewing position minimizes them.

There are plenty of nice display angles you can get out of this, portrait included, and I honestly don't regret getting it one bit.
I'm becoming pretty fond of it, actually.

I agree with the higher shelf assessment. I was eyeing mine from different angles yesterday and it looks the best that way. The one thing that bothers me (if you have it under lights) is the hair casts a shadow on the one eye and it makes the other eye look weird.

Good to know the photos don't do it justice (usually the case). As I always say, if you are happy with it that's all that matters.

Back