Tweeterhead BATGIRL Maquette Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine and I am very happy. I think this is hard to photograph and lighting affects it quite a bit. In person, I think it looks great!

This showed up by surprise today... This is my first Tweeterhead piece, so I had no idea what to expect - needless to say I am blown away at how gorgeous this is! There were no issues at all with it, and it's instantly a favorite in my collection now. She is hard to photograph, but I got some nice shots of her I think... enjoy!

Tweeterhead Batgirl 1 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Batgirl 2 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Batgirl 3 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Batgirl 4 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Batgirl 5 sm.jpg

Tweeterhead Batgirl 6 sm.jpg

Beautiful photos, dd... Mine looks identical. The Batty really adds something to the experience, with the blue pedestal/gold award combo most pleasing.

I also received mine this morning and echo both of you guys' statements. After picking up several personal "grails" this past year, I'd likely sell any of those before this. Mine's not flawless, but David Fisher's finish has this distinctive glow, as if the piece has its own promo lighting, which really captures that kitschy 60s soundstage vibe. I also love whenever Trevor Grove sculpts capes because he gets the lightweight "feel" that looks convincing even next to the gold fabric dress on my Blitzway Marilyn. Grove perfectly understands how Craig's dancer-meets-bombshell curves work and picked a pose that is just 100% her. This would be the statue that turns me into a Tweeterhead fanatic if I collected lines more than select individual pieces.

DESERTDRAGON - VERY nice photos, good job!

Thanks Elvis! I didn't really think I would like this piece as much as I do, but holy crap the whole thing is just brilliant and so beautiful... Now I want the Julie Newmar Catwoman to go along with it lol :)

Received mine, and she's definitely a lot heavier than I anticipated!! Overall, the sculpt and everything looks superb, and is really well done. I have one blemish that ALWAYS catches my eye, and I'm wondering if it's something you guys would contact Sideshow about. I'm a bit more hesitant because I'm currently waiting for them to get back to me about some issues my Spider-Man PF body has. I know it's just bad timing that both arrived at the same time after delays, and both may require action of some sort.

I'm actually quite forgiving about things -- especially if they're in the back, or not visible from the display point! And since this is my first Tweeterhead statue, I'm not sure if this is normal and something you just go with or not. It doesn't photograph that well, but there's a streak down her leg that's somewhat unpainted, and it's noticeable when just looking at it, because the leg is so prominently posed with the blemish at the forefront. If this was on the back of her leg, or even off to the side, I'd likely be a little less likely to worry about it, but my eye is constantly drawn to it.

Again, not sure how well these images will show it, as the lighting isn't the greatest right now where it is. The flash shows how it's spottily painted in the area, and the none flash image shows a bit of discolouration, which kind of looks like a bit of a smudge, or something along those lines in person. It's not huge in size, but it's enough because of where it's located to draw the eye...or at least mine eye. Would like to hear thoughts!

1916715_10156556298720577_3816949226832599950_n.jpg
11220456_10156559762565577_6772601598505916213_n.jpg
12108765_10156559763705577_3491146057036085121_n.jpg

Got mine today and she's beautiful! I was thrown off by how heavy the box was, the base weighs a ton.
I haven't had a chance to put everything together but I didn't see any flaws. Her outfit is definitely a pinkish/purple color in person.
If I had any criticisms/concerns, the boot paint was still quite tacky and took a fingerprint when I touched one of them.
And just my opinion but I wished they had added some glitter or metal flake to the costume paint to give it that shimmer seen in a lot of the photos from the show.
Overall I'm very happy with it and am looking forward to what's in the portfolio coming soon.

I also received Batgirl today and wow .. just blown away.. she's heavy like the Batman and Robin statues.. So far the 1966 Batman line-up is shaping-up nicely...

Catwoman EX signature, Batman 66 signature, Robin 66 signature and now adding the Batgirl statue.....Tweeterhead..great job...:) Now hire more folks to help Debbie....

Knew I saw this Blue Bat somewhere! Confusion reigns... if you go on Amazon right now, you can buy the Tweeterhead Batgirl "statue" in the purple incarnation we've all been receiving and posting images of. But, inexplicably, there is also a Tweeterhead Batgirl "diorama" available, with orders starting March 29th. Both products appear to be identical, other than the "statue" version of BG is purple-pinkish, and the "diorama" version is stark blue. Err...umm... what gives? Are there two differently colored versions of this character? Are there any other differences between these two releases? Are they actually the same release, with just confusing advertising, different names and weird marketing? Weigh in on this one, Chad!
71IqQvQKS1L._SL1500_.jpg

Hi Gary,

There is only one version of Tweeterhead Batgirl. Those are not our pictures so that is the reason for the color difference! Her costume was always purple but in a few scenes looked blue. Never the less we only have the one version!

Gary,
Only one version of Batgirl! The blue on Amazon are not our pictures! Her costume is purple but in a few scenes seemed blue. Tweeterhead only released one version!
Debbie

Haha... thought that might be the case! Thanks! Still, that Amazon listing should be corrected, for everyone's sake. Since the "BG diorama" is being offered with the blue-painted BG as the product's official picture, some buyers may be understandably disappointed when their item arrives in pinkish purple. Why ask for trouble? Tell Amazon to get their act together!

Does the "Batty" statue and pedestal come with all of the versions or is it an exclusive?

Does the "Batty" statue and pedestal come with all of the versions or is it an exclusive?

Just the exclusive. I seem to recall that it was supposed to be in both editions (for a while, Sideshow's site was the only third party retailer whose pictures didn't include the Batty) but maybe Tweeterhead yanked it since they no longer had the signature plates to offer as an exclusive. I was initially pissed about the lack of Batty for my regular, but I don't miss it now that I have the statue in-hand. The blue pedestal is very eye-catching, but the wall base limits the viewing angles enough on its own.

I just ordered this fine statue of Yvonne Craig and I know she would've been proud to see how great it came out. May she rest in peace. I know I'm just reaching but if SS does her too, I would be only so happy to buy.

Back