Tweeterhead BATGIRL Maquette Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found and email I received from Debbie:

"For you that ordered the Tweeterhead exclusive, your maquette will come with the exclusive Batty Award (not included in any other version of our Batgirl) as well as the signature certificate (with printed signature), a copy of the concept artwork for the Batgirl Secret door and a small folio of pictures of Yvonne Craig as a testimonial to her life".

Great, thanks kenyuak! I deleted that email by mistake and couldn't remember

Could be wrong about this, but I seem to recall that everyone was getting the Batty when this piece was first offered; after Yvonne's passing, it suddenly became an "extra" to help compensate for the absence of her signature, available only on the exclusive. I didn't go for the ex because I'm not a signature collector, but I fully expected the Batty with my original, non-exclusive purchase. It's been quite a while so I'll have to check the original order, but if the Batty was indeed subtracted after the fact for the reason mentioned, that's not acceptable, morally or legally.

Another issue with Tweeterhead: the company obviously doesn't believe in "first come, first served." When this statue was originally offered I was so taken with it that I ordered it immediately from the only place you could order it from: Tweeterhead, directly. I had no idea that a short while later it would be available from Sideshow, at what I believe was a lower price (!). In any event, the folks who ordered from Sideshow seem to be getting their statues first, in spite of the fact that a direct Tweeterhead customer like myself put in the order weeks earlier. I have received no notice and no request for the financial balance. I imagine Tweeterhead has an arrangement with Sideshow where their customers receive preferential treatment, which is why they are being taken care of first, even if they ordered later than Tweeterhead's direct customers. As I mentioned in a disgruntled message to T, you live and learn. Tweeterhead makes a beautiful product, but I'll never order directly from them again... I'll wait for Sideshow and be served better and faster.

Could be wrong about this, but I seem to recall that everyone was getting the Batty when this piece was first offered; after Yvonne's passing, it suddenly became an "extra" to help compensate for the absence of her signature, available only on the exclusive. I didn't go for the ex because I'm not a signature collector, but I fully expected the Batty with my original, non-exclusive purchase. It's been quite a while so I'll have to check the original order, but if the Batty was indeed subtracted after the fact for the reason mentioned, that's not acceptable, morally or legally.

I believe that all orders placed through Tweeterhead will receive the Batty. The versions bought through other companies, Sideshow, etc. will not receive it
I could be wrong of course but I think it will be included if you purchased it through Tweeterhead

Another issue with Tweeterhead: the company obviously doesn't believe in "first come, first served." When this statue was originally offered I was so taken with it that I ordered it immediately from the only place you could order it from: Tweeterhead, directly. I had no idea that a short while later it would be available from Sideshow, at what I believe was a lower price (!). In any event, the folks who ordered from Sideshow seem to be getting their statues first, in spite of the fact that a direct Tweeterhead customer like myself put in the order weeks earlier. I have received no notice and no request for the financial balance. I imagine Tweeterhead has an arrangement with Sideshow where their customers receive preferential treatment, which is why they are being taken care of first, even if they ordered later than Tweeterhead's direct customers. As I mentioned in a disgruntled message to T, you live and learn. Tweeterhead makes a beautiful product, but I'll never order directly from them again... I'll wait for Sideshow and be served better and faster.

All of Tweeterhead's products are carried through Sideshow. The cheaper price most likely reflects the fact that the Sideshow version does not have the signed certificates or EX's.
As far as Sideshow shipping first, remember that Tweeterhead carries the EX versions. They receive their shipments probably at the same time as Sidehshow but then they have to open the boxes and place the signed certificates/photos inside of those boxes and then ship them out. That is probably what the delay is.

Thank you so much for clarification, starscream0. I ordered the non-autographed version from Tweeterhead, with Batty, the very first day, and still haven't received a notice of any kind. I imagine I will in the next day or so.

Thank you so much for clarification, starscream0. I ordered the non-autographed version from Tweeterhead, with Batty, the very first day, and still haven't received a notice of any kind. I imagine I will in the next day or so.

No problem at all. I hope you receive your notice soon too. I received mine a few days ago but the tracking info just states that the label was created and there is no other tracking info which means that they really haven't shipped yet. Good luck :)

Still no notice. I emailed them a week ago and no reply. I paid the balance off on the 29th of January. Hope to hear something soon. Took forever to get Newmar, hope not same problem s with batgirl.

I heard from Debbie at Tweeterhead.. She said Batgirl starts shipping Monday. They have a very bizarre system of shipping... Seems Chad, the owner, does all the shipping.. he checks each statue and only ships a certain amount per day.. It's very frustrating. I recently had an issue with my Robin.. the base on Robin and the base on Batman were two different colors.. so back Robin went.. it took weeks before I received a response and then turned out they are having Robin repainted at the factory... so It will be 3 more weeks until he will be back, and likely another week to ship him to me.. I should see him by June..LOL! They make a great little statue, but they have little to no staff state-side and they are slow as x-mas!

That's frustrating. It was even worse before Chad hired Debbie!
It's nice that there's such a personal touch with a small company but it's frustrating to see how long it takes things to ship out.
Hopefully everyone gets their statues sooner than later!

He either needs to hire more people or decrease production numbers. If you are making and selling a lot of product, you better not take for ever to inspect and ship. I doubt I will buy direct from tweeterhead again unless there is a cool exclusive. Just frustrating when collectors order exclusive day one and people who order later through Sideshow getting theirs shipped first.

Received mine on Friday. Overall it's a good statue but the paint is not as good as the proto. The color of her costume seems off to me. It's more of a pinkish purple where it should be more of a blueish purple.

100_1249.jpg100_1250.jpg100_1251.jpg100_1252.jpg

The exact color of Batgirl's costume has always been an issue. Sometimes it looked basic blue (the color Craig said it was), other times it appeared to be purple or blue-purple, depending on the lighting. The top of the heroine's cowl has always been purple and black. I do seem to remember seeing a photo of this Tweeterhead statue rendered in blue, rather than purple, and wondered if that was being prepared as an alternate edition.

The piece looks gorgeous, DerekDeS, even with the color/painting factors you mentioned.

Everybody here needs to just calm down. I'll have mine by the end of the month and that's really all that matters.

The exact color of Batgirl's costume has always been an issue. Sometimes it looked basic blue (the color Craig said it was), other times it appeared to be purple or blue-purple, depending on the lighting. The top of the heroine's cowl has always been purple and black. I do seem to remember seeing a photo of this Tweeterhead statue rendered in blue, rather than purple, and wondered if that was being prepared as an alternate edition.
I wonder if they could have painted her something the GM radar blue color where it looks purple, but changed to blue under different light.

Those pictures were taking with a flash.... Don't get me wrong I appreciate the pictures Derek, but I think ones done with natural light will look better.

Those pictures were taking with a flash.... Don't get me wrong I appreciate the pictures Derek, but I think ones done with natural light will look better.

It actually looks more pinkish in natural light. I was surprised that the flash made it look a little more blue. I'm eager to see what others think once they get theirs.

Thanks for the pics DerekDeS! Excited for this piece
One thing I learned from the past is that statues look great in pics and even better in person
Flash really can change the look of colors so it'll be interesting to see this in person
It's going to be a great line of statues

It's a week later, and still no notice of any kind from Tweeterhead. Meanwhile, I see Amazon has been selling the statues... they have only one left in stock at this point.

First come, last served. How the hell can Tweeterhead justify this slap in the face to their direct customers?

Back