Tusken Raider PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they still shipping out the incomplete Exclusives... or are they waiting until the Gaffi Stick arms come in?

Are they still shipping out the incomplete Exclusives... or are they waiting until the Gaffi Stick arms come in?

as far as I know they are still shipping them - when I called to ask about the gaffi, the lady said they would be shipping in approx 3-4 weeks when the second batch of these come in.

I would imagine these will continue to ship until that second batch comes in and, hopefully the problem will be fixed by then.

I kinda think SS should stop sending them altogether if they have a good idea they are incomplete. But then again if it was me I would probably at least want the statue so I could display it with the rifle, and just wait for the Gaffi Stick.

Just got this e-mail from Sideshow in regards to the Gaffi Stick..I wont get this until end of APRIL or more than likely MAY!!! WTF Sideshow???!!!

Dear Valued Customer,

We wanted to take this time to confirm the receipt of your replacement request for the hand and Gaffi stick accessory for your Exclusive Tusken Raider Premium Format figure.

This replacement will not require the return of your statue, so please feel free to display your item with its current arm accessory. Your Gaffi stick replacement order number is ####### and this information should be included in any future correspondences that you send us regarding your replacement accessory.

Sideshow Collectibles will be receiving replacement stock of this accessory at the end of April 2009 and will notify you by e-mail prior to its shipment out to you. Please note that Sideshow Collectibles will be covering the shipping expenses of your item which will be sent via USPS.

We thank you for your patience while we work diligently to get you your replacement as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

Last edited by a moderator:
As I figured, it sounds like the sticks weren't even made in the first place, and they're having to get the factory to manufacture them.

It would seem like that's the case. If it is, then I think some serious action should be taken by SS to maybe reorganize their factories or something. It just seems like something should be done.

I agree with Havok. Seriously, how does this even happen?? Even the most standard QC protocols in place should have prevented this.

It would seem like that's the case. If it is, then I think some serious action should be taken by SS to maybe reorganize their factories or something. It just seems like something should be done.

Move all manufacturing to the US (buy American), stimulate the economy by creating jobs, and somehow maintain or decrease the cost of collectibles. :rolleyes:

I think there's some middle ground somewhere. It seems pretty clear that they just don't have the personnel in place to adequately monitor what the Chinese factories are up to. They need someone over there working full time with the factories who speaks the language and understands the culture.

All I know is that, as a Project Manager, if something relative to this happened on one of my projects... I'd be out of a job.

Someone dropped a huge ball somewhere. Really, though, I think more than particular people being to blame it's Sideshow's current business model for production that blows. The process is broken.

I received my EX Tusken Raider today (w/o the club:(). I was surprised that I received #217 since I added myself to the Wait List on 1/14 (but then again, it converted the next day!).

I'm totally happy with this PF. He's absolutely gorgeous and displays well with both my REG & EX Luke. Congrats to all those who ordered it!

well after going on the WL only on the 20th for this one it converted tonight. i basically totally missed this PO, mostly because i'm not really into star wars stuff, except for the baddies like darth, darth, grevious etc.

so i'm thinking this guy could be considered a baddy, and was wondering if anyone has any side by side pics of him with the dark sides.

Maybe they're sitting in a box somewhere in the factory. Or maybe they just didn't make them. Either way, it's not good for Sideshow's reputation to have something like this happen.

I got my tracking number today, I wonder if I should expect a Gaffi stick? :confused:

:monkey3

Back