Tusken Raider PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my tracking number today, I wonder if I should expect a Gaffi stick? :confused:

:monkey3

I would honestly consider it a miracle at this point if you did get a Gaffi Stick, but I really hope you do man. And I also think there should be full time employees over at the factories to make sure the production of these pieces goes according to plan. It's pretty obvious that the workers there aren't putting in the effort that these high end collectibles call for and that we as customers deserve, whether it's bad paint apps or something like this. Maybe that's a bit harsh, but it's just the way it seems to me, cause this is a pretty big mistake to make.

So I guess this means all the exclusives right now don't have the gaffi? ....sucks for the people that buy "mint sealed" ones on ebay a few years down the line. :lol

Major, major F-up. Makes me want to wait it out even more if I decide to get one. After all, there's no guarantee that nothing will go wrong with production on the new batch of gaffi's (especially this late in the game). I could easily see some some mis-matched colors or something.

Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA [/I][/QUOTE]

I got the same email earlier today...

that's a freakin' long wait !!!

:banghead

Last edited by a moderator:
guess this is going to stop the scalpers on e bay as they are unable to sell off their exclusives until about April time!
Though this is another mess up by SS in close succession (Moria orc Santa outfit!)
They really need to keep on top of this sort of thing,

I've been watching Sideshow's inconsistencies for a while now, and I've changed my purchasing practices with them because of it. When you start to lose the confidence of your customer base then you've got a problem. Sideshow should really do something for those customers who bought the exclusive and now have to wait until April/May for the gaffi stick. Maybe send them a gift card or give them a discount on their next purchase.

I received my regular Tusken (he's mint and complete) and he's a beauty. This truly is one of Sideshow's nicer PFs. Some quick pics:

guess this is going to stop the scalpers on e bay as they are unable to sell off their exclusives until about April time!
Though this is another mess up by SS in close succession (Moria orc Santa outfit!)
They really need to keep on top of this sort of thing,

After receiving it most people don't think there was anything wrong with the Moria Orc.

Obviously the staffs have to be manufactured. I'd like to see them take them from the regulars and delay THOSE until April.

Yeah, I'm sure that all the ADs would love it if their majority of product was delayed due to yet another QC problem on the minority of SS's exclusive stock.

Aside from that, it doesn't make any sense to delay the regulars, since as it is both the exclusives and regulars can be displayed just fine.

Yeah but in my a-greed response, I want MY statue. :lol

:monkey3

Aside from that, it doesn't make any sense to delay the regulars, since as it is both the exclusives and regulars can be displayed just fine.

Let's be honest, SS will probably be sitting on a bunch of regulars for a while and could at least cover some of the exclusive mess ups.

I just got my Tusken Raider Exc today (no gaffi) and love it (well not the missing gaffi stick)! This is my first Star Wars PF and one of my favorite characters in the Star Wars universe.

I still need 1/4 Leia and Vader as I missed those during a serious money crunch I had. Is everyone happy with their 1/4 Darth Vader or are you hoping they'll do another; maybe from a different film? He goes so high on ebay I'm beginning to wonder if he's worth it.

BB

Let's be honest, SS will probably be sitting on a bunch of regulars for a while and could at least cover some of the exclusive mess ups.

Well, the regular edition is sold out as well as the exclusive, so I don't think they'll have that many on hand. A few from cancellations that will go to the waitlist is all.

You really think people who purchased the regular should be made to wait until April or later to get their entire statue just so exclusive orderers can have both arms? Seems to me that would make a bad situation a lot worse.

Is everyone happy with their 1/4 Darth Vader or are you hoping they'll do another; maybe from a different film? He goes so high on ebay I'm beginning to wonder if he's worth it.

Vader's very nice, although his pose does make it a little awkward to display him without Ben Kenobi. Watch the "for sale" parts of the forum here and on Rebelscum and you can probably get a decent deal.

Well, the regular edition is sold out as well as the exclusive, so I don't think they'll have that many on hand. A few from cancellations that will go to the waitlist is all.

You really think people who purchased the regular should be made to wait until April or later to get their entire statue just so exclusive orderers can have both arms? Seems to me that would make a bad situation a lot worse.

Vader's very nice, although his pose does make it a little awkward to display him without Ben Kenobi. Watch the "for sale" parts of the forum here and on Rebelscum and you can probably get a decent deal.

Where the hell did I say that??

I will say I didn't realize there were that few regulars (750) compared to the "exclusive" at 500.

Where the hell did I say that??

You didn't, but it sounds like you were agreeing with those who were saying that.

My point is simply that it isn't fair to make other people wait for their statue in order to supply people with an extra part that they may not even want.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, SS shouldn't put a hold the regulars just so they can send out some Gaffi Sticks faster. It would be completely unfair to those who ordered the regular. It's just a huge mess that should never have happened in the first place, and probably wouldn't have if SS had more presence over at the factories. And if they do have a decent presence there, then I just don't know........

Back