Tthe Matrix 20th Anniversary rerelase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have detailed files.

1djcqd.jpg

Ted Danson wouldn't survive that one these days, with or without Whoopi backing him up.:slap

I just watched the original GotG again for the first time in a few years. Early on the characters are fighting over capturing Quill on Xandar and Groot accidentally bags Gamora and Rocket says "I said bag him not her, learn your genders man!" Such a binary statement wouldn't fly if that film came out today. :pow

I think so, yes.

Trickier: What's the best action movie of the 80's?

Personally, I have to break that category into two: Adventure and Action -- that way I can put RAIDERS for Adventure and DIE HARD for Action.

Good call! Those 2 always top my mental list for 80’s action movies. I lean towards Raiders only because it’s a tie with The Empire Strikes Back as my personal all-time favourite films. Born in ‘71, these two films had such an impact on me at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Two great films to have to choose between.

Easy for me, Raiders. I can't stand Luke, C 3PO, and Chewie making noises every 10 seconds. Even Leia with the way she acts towards Han is unlikable. I don't know how anyone could like that cast of characters. Han, Yoda and Vader are the highlights for me.

Just for nostalgia, they should re-release the 1999 Wachowskis as part of the 20th too.:dunno

I caught this re-release two weeks ago here in Japan. It was really a hell of a lot of fun to see this on the big screen again, and quite a trip down memory lane cause I don't think I've watched it in about ten years.

Honestly, I think it holds up as one of the best mainstream action sci-fi movies of all time.

Unfortunately, the only way to see it was in the theater equipped with the "4DX Experience." This meant the stupid chairs moved and shook and water and stuff would spray at you and bright lights would flash. What a horribly obnoxious way to watch a movie, and I'll never subject myself to it again.

One thing I noted....the end credits still said "Wachowski Brothers" so I was happy that at least one movie in the world hasn't been tampered with to be more PC.

Back