TRUE BLOOD - on HBO - SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get what everyone's complaining about to be honest. I still really enjoy the show. Though I never took it very seriously to begin with. :lol

While the past couple of seasons have been a bit meh to me, I've enjoyed the first two episodes of this season.

Bill being in a tance and draining that one chick was crazy. And Rutger Hauer is awesome as "grandpa." :lol

I'm totally watching out of habit. This show is sooo dumb now.

I'm in that boat now, that and my Wife still watches in hopes it will improve.

This show has been on a massive slide for 3 seasons, IMO.

Is there anybody in town that isnt Supernatural or has a direct storyline involving them and the supernatural? By that I am talkin about the Ifrit, witches, and shapechangers. Nobody can just be a normal human?

While the past couple of seasons have been a bit meh to me, I've enjoyed the first two episodes of this season.

Bill being in a tance and draining that one chick was crazy. And Rutger Hauer is awesome as "grandpa." :lol
Holy crap, didn't realize that was him. Love how Jason is always calling him "grandpa". :lol

Whelp,, someone on the writing team is clearly a fan of Blood omen, and Vampire the Masqurade.

Kinda cool to see a "Kindred" level vampire on the show now.

I am kinda confused as to why this show is so hated now. Seen some contradictory complaints too, some complaining about the boring humans and some complaining that too many of the characters are supernatural.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The plot can sometimes get very silly and exaggerated, but I've never felt that it hurts the show. And it's not just with the recent seasons, it's always been that way. In fact, season one has the worst episodes in the entire series IMO. After I watched the first episode I though this show would be absolute crap.

I personally am really liking the whole Lilith/Billith/vampire god stuff.

Plus we get to see naked wolf guy. :yess:

I love to complain. I just don't see much to complain about with this show. It is what it is.

Yeh, no doubt I'm overthinking it, but I'm just not enjoying it like I used to. For me it's the pacing. There's just no respite from the supernatural, the quiet moments have been squeezed out of the story arcs and each scene goes from one ridiculous premise to the next. As a result, characters are reduced to mostly being reactive to one set piece after another. I might persist out of habit, but to me the show isn't just doing what it's always done... the silliness really has been amplified at the expense of character. The writers need to throw in an episode or two where "nothing much happens" so the audience can remember why they invested themselves in the characters in the first place.

Back