TRON Legacy Collectibles thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if these releases are limited to certain sections of the country- usually those type of things never come anywhere near my area. :lol: According to people on TRON sector, Spin Master is trying to get rid of what TRON stuff they have and are shipping stock out randomly to Targets. But I don't know how much faith I'd put in these "facts", especially since the people on the collector's threads seem antagonist towards each other.

Hot Topic had TRON stuff? I wished I had stopped in and checked them out. I so resented the stupid marketing ploy for Burton's Alice that I started to loathe Hot Topic and avoided going in there. I wish I hadn't... :slap

I have gotten so many different takes on the Spinmaster thing it could make your head....well....spin. Some have made the same comments you did about clearing out the line, which would follow Target's MO of ending lines in March. I have a feeling they might try to re-release stuff in April with the DVD, but I can't imagine that they'll keep old product out on the shelves without clearancing it soon.:impatient:
Hot Topic has pretty cool stuff - I seem to find cool Capt America tshirts, and the Flynn's Arcade is just too cool. Last weekend, I picked up a glow in the dark light cycle and Flynn's Arcade for $28. To me, the cool factor of the shirts won out. They used to sell the Marvel belt, which i just missed, but their collection of rock shirts is always worth looking into. If you can get past the silly lingerie (and who doesn't like silly lingerie), it's quite a fun experience.:clap

Not sure if you guys heard, but they made 300 Castor's (Core figure) before having to pull them from case packs because of a Disney/talent approval problem. The problem was solved so Castor could be released in the next series... but that won't happen now.

All the Castor's were destroyed except a select few that were given to Spinmaster employees.

Wow...
that's so sad... :monkey2
I'm sure a few will find it's way to Ebay and sell for outrageous prices just like the Palisades Wedding Kermit and Piggy...
:panic:

Not sure if you guys heard, but they made 300 Castor's (Core figure) before having to pull them from case packs because of a Disney/talent approval problem. The problem was solved so Castor could be released in the next series... but that won't happen now.

All the Castor's were destroyed except a select few that were given to Spinmaster employees.

Do we know what that final series of figures was going to be? Was it limited to Castor, or would we have seen others like the Sirens, etc? Those would have been Series 3 I guess? Also, what caused the entire line to be discontinued? The whole thing seem frankly surprising, given the success of the movie and response by enthusiasts. :cuckoo:

I'm also curious what Target's response will be with their current stock? Might it cause them to clearance things out, to make way for the Capt America, Thor, and Latern releases? Just seems like with the Hot Toys and SS collectibles selling well and the nice release of the DVD coming up that Tron was set for a nice run. :gah:

Do we know what that final series of figures was going to be? Was it limited to Castor, or would we have seen others like the Sirens, etc? Those would have been Series 3 I guess? Also, what caused the entire line to be discontinued? The whole thing seem frankly surprising, given the success of the movie and response by enthusiasts. :cuckoo:

I'm also curious what Target's response will be with their current stock? Might it cause them to clearance things out, to make way for the Capt America, Thor, and Latern releases? Just seems like with the Hot Toys and SS collectibles selling well and the nice release of the DVD coming up that Tron was set for a nice run. :gah:

Series 3 was Castor, Derezzed Black Guard and Rinzler redemmed as Tron.

NEW-White-light-rinzler-TRON-figure.jpg

5328975898_044534cfda.jpg

Seems like the Sirens should have been there as well - they are one of the most highly commented topics from the film. Were those images you pulled of the figures? Even though the card showed a pic of Castor, did anyone see a more detailed version?

Not sure what else was going to be included in Series 3. As has been said, we do know a Tron "Redeemed" and "Derezzed" Guard were show on Disney Store. Also, we were told that a Quorra with an Olivia Wilde head had been sculpted. But there's no way to know when these were going to be released.

As for why the line didn't continue. I find it surprising too just going off of anecdotal evidence. It really seemed to sell well compared to other lines. Apparently it had something to do with stores over-ordering the early waves. All work has been put on hold for Tron stuff, apparently.

It'll be interesting to see if they put out more product for the animated series.

I'd really like to find out the prices for whatever SSC is going to make. Its getting near the point to decide between HT or SSC's stuff.

Easy Rinzler repaint.

Not the same though. I'm already having to do my own TRON 1/6 Legacy figure 'cuz no one else will. :( I should be used to this by now- my favorite characters rarely get the cool stuff. I guess I should be happy that TRON wasn't killed off in Legacy as that's what tends to happen to my faves, especially in the sci-fi realm. :lol

Not the same though. I'm already having to do my own TRON 1/6 Legacy figure 'cuz no one else will. :( I should be used to this by now- my favorite characters rarely get the cool stuff. I guess I should be happy that TRON wasn't killed off in Legacy as that's what tends to happen to my faves, especially in the sci-fi realm. :lol

Please share!! :rock!
What are you working on? Clu? Rinzler or Quorra?

Please share!! :rock!
What are you working on? Clu? Rinzler or Quorra?

I'm actually working on TRON himself from the Legacy flashbacks and Alan Bradley. Both are still major WIPs. Trudging along slowly. :lol
I'd love to do Quorra, but she'd be ways off- like next winter. I have a bunch of customs already planned through the fall.

Alan:
alanwip.jpg

Alan's accessories:
digitalfrontier.jpg

digital2.jpg

TRON:
tronwip1.jpg

P1020116.jpg

P1020120.jpg

Someone actually managed to snag a Castor. So we can gaze upon the figure none of us will never own. Sigh:

Castor.jpg

This was the unapproved version. The final one that was supposed to be in Series 3 would have had much paler skin.

Someone actually managed to snag a Castor. So we can gaze upon the figure none of us will never own. Sigh:

Castor.jpg

This was the unapproved version. The final one that was supposed to be in Series 3 would have had much paler skin.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

would've been such a sweet addition

Even more of a kick to the nuts, the guy won it for $10 Buy-It-Now.

Spinmaster goes through the trouble of making the figures, packaging them, and advertising them on the packaging of other figures, and then it's nixed because Castor isn't pale enough??? Why wasn't it stopped before it ever got to the packaging stage. :thwak That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while, and then the guy who it sold it for $10 goes and tops it. :cuckoo:

well i really hope this is the right tron section to post this. but i thought I'd share my custom Tron Identity disc. It's made from a kit available online and uses the standard toy disc available. i just finished building it and honestly couldn't ask for anything else. hope you guys dig it as much as i do. cheers.

r1ilb5.jpg

Back