TRON Legacy Collectibles thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know someone on the RPF figured out how to make the Identity Discs stay on. I'm not sure if the same principles would apply to the Ultimate figures. I haven't been brave enough to crack open one of my discs or Sam to see if the setup is the same. The thread is here complete with pictures of the disc interior. Scroll about halfway down for the posts.

Thanks very much

This may be old news to everyone but I thought I'd share. Everytime I make a Target run I pick up something in the Tron toys I don't have and today our Target (outside of St. Louis on the Illinois side) had restocked their TRON items. I really like the 2 figure packs and have been trying to collect them all. Today is the first time I've seen these in store:
P1020114.jpg

Sam with the TRON arcade is the one I've seen on ebay and really wanted. Another bonus is that they were on sale for $3.49 instead of the regular $4.99. :yess: This gives me hope that the Castor core figure might show up as well.

We have those sets here in Sacramento but I've never seen those specific ones. The arcade one is pretty cool. I'll have to keep an eye out for these new ones. Like you, I hope see Castor as he's featured on the backs of some core figure cards. Might have to do a little begging to see if you can get me some if Sac never does.

We have those sets here in Sacramento but I've never seen those specific ones. The arcade one is pretty cool. I'll have to keep an eye out for these new ones. Like you, I hope see Castor as he's featured on the backs of some core figure cards. Might have to do a little begging to see if you can get me some if Sac never does.

I'm at Target every weekend it seems and they been cleaned out of Tron merch for so long, I figured that was the end of TRON. Just last Saturday there were no 2 figure packs or core figures left. Today everything had been restocked; Jarvis was the new core figure that had not previously been out here. Hopefully, your Target will get them in soon. But, definately PM me if you don't see them. I'd be happy to try and help you get them. I saw two of the Sam and TRON arcade packs on ebay and the prices are as bad as the prices for the Identity Discs!

On a related note, I saw on TRON Sector that a Castor and Clu in his robe are also suppose to come out in the 2 figure packs. They are out in the UK already. Castor and Clu must be wave 3 as they are not pictured on the back of the series 2 packs. Gem and Sam, Black Guard and Rinzler's Cycle, and Black Guard and Kevin's Cycle are also apart of this series.

Has anyone put together a spreadsheet of all the Tron toys offered by Spinmaster? I started doing one, but it appears some of you are getting stuff at your stores that I'm not getting at mine. Would anyone like to help? For now, I've made a first draft with the following categories: Title, Type, Series. Please let me know if you would like other categories. For now, here's the list of the Titles:
Clu's light cycle & Quorra
Sam Flynn and Rinzler Coliseum Disc Battle 2
Forming Light Cycle Sam Flynn
Sam Flynn & Rinzler Coliseum Disc Battle 1
Castor and Clu
Gem and Sam
Black Guard & Rinzler's Cycle
Sam Flynn's Light Cycle and Clu's Sentry
Recognizer Playset
3" Core Action Figure Kevin Flynn
3" Core Action Figure Quorra
3" Core Action Figure Jarvis
3" Core Action Figure Sam Flynn
3" Core Action Figure Rinzler
3" Core Action Figure Castor
Light Cycle: Kevin Flynn
Light Cycle: Sam Flynn
Deluxe Light Runner
One-Man Light Jet
6" Deluxe Sam Flynn Action Figure
6" Deluxe Clu Action Figure
6" Deluxe Black Guard Action Figure
Deluxe Light Cycle: Sam Flynn
Deluxe Light Cycle: Clu
Clu's Cycle
Kevin's Cycle
Recognizer
Sam's Cycle
Sentry Cycle
Three-man Jet
Command Ship
Light Runner
1:50 Scale Diecast Exclusive Villan 3-Pack
1:50 Scale Diecast Exclusive Hero 3-Pack
Durable Flying Disc: Sam Flynn
Tron Coliseum Disc Shooter
Kevin Flynn Identity Disc
Rinzler Identity Disc
Sam Flynn Identity Disc
Three-man Light Jet
Roleplay Toy Baton Launcher
Light Cycle Sam Flynn -- Zero Gravity RC Vehicle
1:50 Scale Playset Light Cycle Track
Sam Flynn 12 Inch Action Figure
Clu 12 Inch Action Figure

Has anyone put together a spreadsheet of all the Tron toys offered by Spinmaster? I started doing one, but it appears some of you are getting stuff at your stores that I'm not getting at mine. Would anyone like to help? For now, I've made a first draft with the following categories: Title, Type, Series. Please let me know if you would like other categories. For now, here's the list of the Titles:
Clu's light cycle & Quorra
Sam Flynn and Rinzler Coliseum Disc Battle 2
Castor and Clu
Gem and Sam
Recognizer Playset
Deluxe Light Runner
One-Man Light Jet
Clu's Cycle
Kevin's Cycle
Recognizer
Sam's Cycle
Sentry Cycle
Three-man Jet
Command Ship
Light Runner
Rinzler Identity Disc
Sam Flynn Identity Disc
Three-man Light Jet

I've been looking for a master list, too. Spinmasters site is no help since they don't list a lot of what is out. Your list is looking good. Just a couple of things seen at my Target: Rinzler & Quorra, Sam Flynn & Tron Arcade, Sam Flynn & Clu, Jarvis & Black Guard, Recognizer Play Set, and Grid Limo (diecast),

Ok, here's an updated list:
Clu's Light Cycle & Quorra
Sam Flynn & Rinzler Coliseum Disc Battle 2
Castor and Clu
Gem and Sam
Rinzler & Quorra
Sam Flynn & Tron Arcade
Sam Flynn & Clu
Jarvis & Black Guard
Recognizer Playset
Deluxe Light Runner
One-Man Light Jet
Three-man Light Jet
6" Deluxe Rinzler Action Figure
Clu's Cycle
Kevin's Cycle
Recognizer
Sam's Cycle
Sentry Cycle
Three-man Jet
Command Ship
Light Runner
Grid Limo
Rinzler Identity Disc
Sam Flynn Identity Disc
Light Cycle Clu - Zero Gravity RC Vehicle

On my list, I've included the following categories:
- Title
- Type
- Series
- Quantity
- Notes (For R/C bike frequencies)

Please let me know if I should add more products or titles. In addition, I am happy to share this spreadsheet with anyone - please PM with an email where I can sent it.

FYI for those interested, www.disneystore.com has 40% off all Tron: Legacy toys.

Not a lot of great stuff that you probably don't already have, but if you want to complete your collection, it's not a bad time to do it.

This may be old news to everyone but I thought I'd share. Everytime I make a Target run I pick up something in the Tron toys I don't have and today our Target (outside of St. Louis on the Illinois side) had restocked their TRON items. I really like the 2 figure packs and have been trying to collect them all. Today is the first time I've seen these in store:
P1020114.jpg

Sam with the TRON arcade is the one I've seen on ebay and really wanted. Another bonus is that they were on sale for $3.49 instead of the regular $4.99. :yess: This gives me hope that the Castor core figure might show up as well.

Oh wow!!! I really wanted that Arcade set as well but refused to pay the eBay prices. I'll have to keep an eye out now. Thanks!!! :yess:

Oh wow!!! I really wanted that Arcade set as well but refused to pay the eBay prices. I'll have to keep an eye out now. Thanks!!! :yess:

You're welcome. :D Hope you find them. According to some people on TRON Sector, the Castor and CLU and Gem and Sam as well as the other series 3 sets are on shelves in parts of California and Nebraska. So hopefully they'll be showing up in other parts of the country, too.
I'll be heading back to look at both area Targets this weekend with fingers crossed. :pray:

Those eBay prices are ridiculous! :cuckoo:

Anyways, hope these pieces are limited to certain regions because I can't find them anywhere in my area, and I visit Target three times a week looking for new stuff. Speaking of which, I wish they would have released Tron t-shirts over there. Had to go to Hot Topic to get my Flynn's arcade and light cycle.:impatient:

Again, if you find other items out there, I'm still updating the inventory list.

-End of Line-

Those eBay prices are ridiculous! :cuckoo:

Anyways, hope these pieces are limited to certain regions because I can't find them anywhere in my area, and I visit Target three times a week looking for new stuff. Speaking of which, I wish they would have released Tron t-shirts over there. Had to go to Hot Topic to get my Flynn's arcade and light cycle.:impatient:

Again, if you find other items out there, I'm still updating the inventory list.

-End of Line-

The prices are definately insane. I was looking through Tron stuff on ebay yesterday and can't believe the Ultimate Sam figure is going for $60 +. Personally, I don't think it's worth more that $20 even though it looks cool. Thank you, Target cutting the price- I needed Sam's disc for my custom TRON. ::rotfl

I don't know if these releases are limited to certain sections of the country- usually those type of things never come anywhere near my area. :lol: According to people on TRON sector, Spin Master is trying to get rid of what TRON stuff they have and are shipping stock out randomly to Targets. But I don't know how much faith I'd put in these "facts", especially since the people on the collector's threads seem antagonist towards each other.

Hot Topic had TRON stuff? I wished I had stopped in and checked them out. I so resented the stupid marketing ploy for Burton's Alice that I started to loathe Hot Topic and avoided going in there. I wish I hadn't... :slap

Why is Sam diving for the Arcade?

I thought the same thing when I got the packs home. Didn't the designers know that's not how Sam got into the Grid? :rotfl
Out of the packaging you can see that he has a bag on his back which I think is the parachute he had when he jump off the Encom tower. The way he and arcade are packed it looks like he's jumping into the arcade, but I think they're suppose to be independent of each other. But then the back of the packaging also showed him jumping into the arcade so... :huh

Last edited:
Not sure if you guys heard, but they made 300 Castor's (Core figure) before having to pull them from case packs because of a Disney/talent approval problem. The problem was solved so Castor could be released in the next series... but that won't happen now.

All the Castor's were destroyed except a select few that were given to Spinmaster employees.

Maybe he just wants to get to the game first...before some little punk grabs it. Had that problem all the time. :eek:

Back