TRON Legacy Collectibles thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received it :yess:

tron00copie.jpg

tron01copie.jpg

Figure this as good as any place to post this interesting tidbit. It appears that Shanghai Disneyland is planning a TRON Lightcoaster as part of their opening park attractions, there are strong rumors that it has been greenlit for Orlando's parks as well cloning the ride in its entirety with one caviat that the US version be attached to a Flynn's arcade, a piece that may or may not be attached to the Shanghai project. There is strong indication that it'll go into Tomorrowland but also some "insiders" who believe it'll head to the Studios. Either way the plan is to have it fully announced and built by the time the 3rd TRON film comes out.

Why post it here? A dedicated ride will equal dedicated collectibles according to again rumor for the original TRON, TRON: Legacy and characters from the ride itself which is still unknown. There is said to be figures, ride vehicle replicas, etc.

Looks like TRON fans have a long way to go over the next three or four years.

Figure this as good as any place to post this interesting tidbit. It appears that Shanghai Disneyland is planning a TRON Lightcoaster as part of their opening park attractions, there are strong rumors that it has been greenlit for Orlando's parks as well cloning the ride in its entirety with one caviat that the US version be attached to a Flynn's arcade, a piece that may or may not be attached to the Shanghai project. There is strong indication that it'll go into Tomorrowland but also some "insiders" who believe it'll head to the Studios. Either way the plan is to have it fully announced and built by the time the 3rd TRON film comes out.

Why post it here? A dedicated ride will equal dedicated collectibles according to again rumor for the original TRON, TRON: Legacy and characters from the ride itself which is still unknown. There is said to be figures, ride vehicle replicas, etc.

Looks like TRON fans have a long way to go over the next three or four years.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I would say it will probably go to the Orlando Hollywood Studios park as there is a ride there they seem to be dying to replace. The rockin' roller-coaster has had its day. I've been there three separate visits. Last time was a year ago, the line was short and in all honesty it just didn't seem "loved" anymore(upkeep and all). It also takes up a lot of real estate that would be great for that ride.
I can see why they would put it in the Tomorrowland area but it seems a better fit in the studio park, plus they have the space, and if its a roller coaster, it would compete with space mountain.

Anyway, I'll have to make another trip down there if it becomes a reality

Sorry if this question's been asked and answered in here but...

Has there been any word if HT is doing more TL 1:6 scale figures?
I'd be very interested in:
  • Sam Flynn-the light cycle is cool, but it would be great to have a stand-alone figure to display with his father...
  • CLU - gotta have the main antagonist of the story!
  • Quorra - HT does a very good job with female characters...would be great to see their take on her...

Thse are the only ones I'd be into getting....

There were people somewhere on here that swore up and down that a standard Sam Flynn was coming.

I can't imagine after securing the Bridges likeness that they wouldn't do CLU and his light cycle

Quorra though is a wild card. The small figure didn't bother with likeness of any kind so who knows the story behind that

Regarding a Quorra likeness, This is total hearsay from someone over at the Tron-Sector boards who says they spoke with someone at Spinmaster. It makes sense to me though so I think it could be true. The story I heard was that Spinmaster has the likeness rights to Olivia Wilde and are working on a 3 3/4 inch figure with her likeness and that they released the figure with her helmet head so they could get a figure of her out there while the movie was still in theaters. If this is true, I can't imagine a Hot Toys figure is totally out of the question.
I get the impression the Spinmaster stuff has sold well enough we could possibly see more figures from them. I would hope we would at least see Clu, a regular Sam Flynn and Quorra from HT, my guess is they are still in the process of figuring out the light up suits.

Some things to add on the messaging of the president of the Disney Stores. Got a reply that there was no current plans to bring it here. So I asked if there were any other places we could message the company. He replied:

"Go to disneystore.com and click "contact us" - you can send a note directly to the guest services team. Trust me, we read them!"

I'm curious what they would do if they got a message from everyone posting here. It's like our own side channel attack. Time to bust this thing wide open.

Yes I am a optimistic fool.

Regarding a Quorra likeness, This is total hearsay from someone over at the Tron-Sector boards who says they spoke with someone at Spinmaster. It makes sense to me though so I think it could be true. The story I heard was that Spinmaster has the likeness rights to Olivia Wilde and are working on a 3 3/4 inch figure with her likeness and that they released the figure with her helmet head so they could get a figure of her out there while the movie was still in theaters. If this is true, I can't imagine a Hot Toys figure is totally out of the question.
I get the impression the Spinmaster stuff has sold well enough we could possibly see more figures from them. I would hope we would at least see Clu, a regular Sam Flynn and Quorra from HT, my guess is they are still in the process of figuring out the light up suits.

I think the line has sold well enough as well, but if series 3 were to happen, it should be already produced by now, for a release no later than February or March... otherwise they would have to wait for DVD/BD releases and maybe by then stores won't be interested anymore...

Some things to add on the messaging of the president of the Disney Stores. Got a reply that there was no current plans to bring it here. So I asked if there were any other places we could message the company. He replied:

"Go to disneystore.com and click "contact us" - you can send a note directly to the guest services team. Trust me, we read them!"

I'm curious what they would do if they got a message from everyone posting here. It's like our own side channel attack. Time to bust this thing wide open.

Yes I am a optimistic fool.

I already did a few weeks ago,
I got a generic reply saying they cannot disclose that info but keep visiting the stores... :slap

Back