Prop Trick or Treat Studios Stripe and Evil Gremlin Puppet Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a regular Gremlin. I plan on putting this out at Christmas time on my kitchen counter holding a half-eaten gingerbread man!

These are 100% Christmas props for my place!

I'll order stripe as soon as I receive regular Gremlin, and only if I like him of course!

Gremlins is a Christmas movie in my books so...

I want one as a Christmas decoration as well but was too afraid to preorder because of the gizmo. That pic is encouraging though, looking forward to what you have to say Mr. Zod.

Zonkey Toys just posted this on Instagram. These both look great! Sure Stripe's mohawk is a bit messy, but that can probably be fixed. Well done Trick or Treat Studios! :duff Consider me sold.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXWNjlHjQmw/

20583043_129995374275192_778095984948281344_n.jpg

:rock :rock They both look good. I don't know why they wouldn't have fixed his mohawk before taking the pic. Looks like it was smashed flat.

Right, let's hope his hair can be made to stand straight up! Other than that they look awesome!

Also looks like there is a subtle chest pattern and smile difference so they don't look exactly the same. It would be nice if the arms were posable.

Whoa, these came out really good. I've kind of backed off on collectibles lately because of prices, but I may end up picking up Stripe.

Ooooo that pic makes it look better than I expected...I may be reinstating my preorder. Looking forward to your thoughts General!

The Gremlins got delivered today instead of Monday! Took two quick pics of them right out of the box (they were shipped together in plastic bags and tossed in a shipping box--no individual boxes).

6145e61ee5b86620e765da5888f134a4.jpg

abf6896793ec6fcf4717c6d9ec03cab9.jpg

My first impression is there's more positives than negatives as long as you're not expecting a fully poseable Gremlin figure. They're the right size and look great. They feel like they're made of a thick rubber but mostly hollow so you can put your hand in to work the mouth--which is hilarious. You can move the limbs to a decent degree, but they won't stay since there's no wiring or skeleton. They're definitely puppets and not figures. Even without any internal support, they're dense enough to stand if you lean them against the wall.

I do have a couple concerns. Stripe's hair is thin and a mess. I think the shape is fixable with some hairspray, but it's definitely not as full as I was expecting. Also, I'm worried about putting the arms through too much strain because I think the rubber will crack. This is kind of a bummer because I wanted to hang one of them from Christmas lights, but now I'm afraid it won't last long in one piece with the arms in that position.

Overall, I actually really like them. I'll let them settle in and see what I think after messing with them a bit. There may be nicer alternatives for a life-size Gremlin out there, but they'll set you back a lot more than $200.

They look great!

I was a little concerned about the flexibility in the arms too, but that's not really a big deal for me since I never cared about moving the arms. They'll make beyond worthy display-only pieces and the puppet gimmick sounds really cool. I'll probably just get Stripe since he's my favorite and wait to get the generic Gremlin if it goes on sale.

Thanks for the review and pics, GZL! And wonderful job, TOTS! :clap

They look great!

I was a little concerned about the flexibility in the arms too, but that's not really a big deal for me since I never cared about moving the arms. They'll make beyond worthy display-only pieces and the puppet gimmick sounds really cool. I'll probably just get Stripe since he's my favorite and wait to get the generic Gremlin if it goes on sale.

Thanks for the review and pics, GZL! And wonderful job, TOTS! :clap

The puppet option is still making me laugh. My cats are freaking out. :lol

thanks for the great info! are they completely hollow? like, could you put a simple armature in there? dang, i'm pretty impressed with how these came out!

thanks for the great info! are they completely hollow? like, could you put a simple armature in there? dang, i'm pretty impressed with how these came out!

There's some thick foam inside around the neck and shoulders that could probably be taken out. I don't know how hollow the arms are for sure, but you can squish them a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if someone more talented than me could figure out some sort of armature for at least the arms.

Thanks for posting! If you have any other thoughts I look forward to hearing about them. You're happy with the paint apps and mold overall then?

Back