Prop Trick or Treat Studios Stripe and Evil Gremlin Puppet Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If these turn out well I will probably buy a regular gremlin. But I don't have high hopes because gizmo sucked.

If these turn out well I will probably buy a regular gremlin. But I don't have high hopes because gizmo sucked.

Compared to the $300-$1000+ Life Size Gizmos, yes I agree it sucked. But dude, it's $69.99 for a licensed life size Gizmo. It's by far the best Gizmo in that price range. I think the new Gremlin puppets will be on par if not better than the NECA 1:1 gremlins. And for the money the NECA Gremlins kick ass. You could spend $1200-$1500 and buy one of Sacha's Gremlins but they're 6-7X s the price.

Ordered Stripe from BBTS. I'm excited that more Gremlins products other than the NECA figures are being made.

ordered the "evil gremlin". pretty resigned to the idea that it's going to be a mess like gizmo was/is, but at the price, its a good place to start. will try to recast teeth/claws, replace eyes, or repaint if i need to/can. at less than a 1/6 figure and twice the size, i'm ok with whatever i get... hopefully!

Ordered the regular evil gremlin to add to my small batch of gremlins. Time to save some green for more green not sure if will add a
2nd stripe.

Compared to the $300-$1000+ Life Size Gizmos, yes I agree it sucked. But dude, it's $69.99 for a licensed life size Gizmo. It's by far the best Gizmo in that price range. I think the new Gremlin puppets will be on par if not better than the NECA 1:1 gremlins. And for the money the NECA Gremlins kick ass. You could spend $1200-$1500 and buy one of Sacha's Gremlins but they're 6-7X s the price.

I understand your point about gizmo. But the problem here is they just didn't come close enough to the prototype to make most folks reasonably satisfied. I understand that you have to expect some drop in quality from proto to production but this one really fell off a cliff. And it is complicated by the fact that some of the production pieces came out much better than others. Like playing Russian Roulette if you order by mail.

I understand your point about gizmo. But the problem here is they just didn't come close enough to the prototype to make most folks reasonably satisfied. I understand that you have to expect some drop in quality from proto to production but this one really fell off a cliff. And it is complicated by the fact that some of the production pieces came out much better than others. Like playing Russian Roulette if you order by mail.

I hear ya.

But even looking at the pic above I think that Stripe puppet looks pretty good next to the Medicom Giz.

I'm rolling the dice and preordered Stripe! I only have a few of the older Neca figures so this is my first foray into larger Gremlin piece.

So are these different from the NECA full size release this fall that is also $200? Seems odd that 2 different companies are releasing the same thing at the same time at the same price.

So are these different from the NECA full size release this fall that is also $200? Seems odd that 2 different companies are releasing the same thing at the same time at the same price.

NECA is re-releasing the part 2 Gremlins New Batch stunt puppet(s) (cast from the stunt puppets) they originally released about 5+ years ago. for $200 they're a great deal as the first runs were selling on eBay for much More than $200.

The TOTS studios are from Gremlins (the first film) Stripe and a regular gremlin. I believe these will be actually puppets like the Mogwai puppets they released.

NECA is re-releasing the part 2 Gremlins New Batch stunt puppet(s) (cast from the stunt puppets) they originally released about 5+ years ago. for $200 they're a great deal as the first runs were selling on eBay for much More than $200.

The TOTS studios are from Gremlins (the first film) Stripe and a regular gremlin. I believe these will be actually puppets like the Mogwai puppets they released.

Which do you think will be a better quality? NECA or TOTS? I'm not hung up on which movie they came from, I'd just like a kickass Gremlin to add to my collection. :)

NECA is re-releasing the part 2 Gremlins New Batch stunt puppet(s) (cast from the stunt puppets) they originally released about 5+ years ago.

I've only seen the one light brown one, not any of the ones they released with specific personalities. Do you know if they're doing others like Brain or Greta?

Which do you think will be a better quality? NECA or TOTS? I'm not hung up on which movie they came from, I'd just like a kickass Gremlin to add to my collection. :)

The NECA Gremlins kicks ass. I have two the brown and green. I like they come with a metal stand that is wall mountable. They are very accurate for foam latex replicas as they're cast from the stunt puppets.

I've seen a couple of pictures on Facebook of the TOTS gremlins. They looks great, not as accurate as the NECA versions as they're not cast from
Props associated with the film...they are brand new sculpts. But for me Stripe > all Gremlins from the new batch so they're both great for $200.

I've only seen the one light brown one, not any of the ones they released with specific personalities. Do you know if they're doing others like Brain or Greta?

That's the only one I've seen to. The brown was the first version released years ago...so my guess is it's a matter of time before the green is re-released. Not sure about female Gremlin, brain or flasher.

just by nature of the g2 skin patterns being more intricate, my bet is that ToTS will turn out better. the paint on neca's gremlins is, uh... i don't know how to say it nicely... exceptionally not good. the ToTS protos look really good paint-wise, i'm crossing my fingers the production piece will be comparable. i own the they live mask from ToTS and the paint is about 85% up to par with the protos. hope thats a good indication.

apologies for the double post - just read on facebook - from TOTS - that they are planning to do the gremlins 2 gremlins as well. unexpected news to me. wouldve figure Neca held exclusive rights.

If they do any of the gremlins from Gremlins 2, I'd love a Mohawk Mogwai puppet.

7YKuJNZ.png

I was super disappointed with how the Gizmo from TOTS turned out; it went from a great looking prop replica to a Dollar Store knock off. I hope Stripe fairs better, but I will take a wait and see approach.

Back