Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a way it's very fortunate, Anton. I don't feel the need to start another collection!

That said -- and I fully plan on getting the 12" monsters -- it's disappointing that their business model is to create figures, busts, and ornaments all using the exact same sculpts. I have the ornament but am not a fan of the side-eye on the Phantom. I hope they change that for the 12" figure. If not, my Sideshow still looks pretty good.

You really can't say that the ornament/bust is the same sculpt as the 1/6 figure, it's definitely not the same as the '78 and we haven't even seen an '82 1/6 figure yet.

The bust makes sense in that the ornaments were already a bust style and now you're just adding a display stand to attach it too, pretty simple. It's also my understanding that the ornaments are less than 1/6 scale.

I think any of the figures will be fresh sculpts.

Justin Mabry infers here that they'll be the same sculpts:

https://universalmonstersuniverse.c...ves-monsters-as-much-as-any-monster-kid-does/

"We were asked to do ornaments years ago. I had the idea to make them in 1/6th scale. Just in case we wanted to make action figures in the future, we?d have the heads. I had Alex Rey sculpt these."

As much as I love the ornaments, I do hope they're reworked a bit for the figures, just so there's a different look.

We'll have to see what we get when an H2 figure is revealed, but at the very least, H1 is a fresh sculpt.

halloween78-myersfigure2.png

myers-ornament.png

Totally holding off on this. I had originally bookmarked the SAW Billy figure they produced...until I had read about all of the problems people had with the quality of the production piece.

Exactly. These sculpts don't even look very good. Close up on the eyes themselves, bad sculpting. The others just look like ass, and the 2018 looks rushed as hell. F'kn Barbie dolls.

Had a thought, I wonder if the collar on the jumpsuit will be wired to easily get it folded for a particular look.

I?m looking forward to this. The hands kind of suck, but that?s an easy fix. Love the 2018 version as well.

I know this is probably just wishful thinking, but I hope we get some Final Girls in the future. Especially Laurie and Sidney.

I hope this 1/6 line succeeds, horror figures in the scale haven't gotten much attention. Sideshow was fairly extensive with F13 and Nightmare, but that was quite some time ago. These are a nice blend of quality aesthetics and affordable pricing so far.

Sure. Go somewhere useful.
JMO, laurie looks wayyy off (mostly the hair and sculpt) and Myers looks very crude with a bad paint job. Would much rather display the TOTS 78 Myers (even if it's a mass produced figure) over the pictured custom. Again JMO

Exactly. These sculpts don't even look very good. Close up on the eyes themselves, bad sculpting. The others just look like ass, and the 2018 looks rushed as hell. F'kn Barbie dolls.

Why are you so salty? Your crappy blank that no one wants looks nothing like the 78 mask loll

lol @ this page..... I'm giving them a chance though I am much more excited for the Universal Monsters......

I can't wait for the Uni Monsters, I just hope they give them a great paint job and I look forward to Myers too. The production pieces will have to be quality, if not, it'll be a pass for me. I think they'll work hard to get these right since there's so many doing 1/6 quality work these days

Back