Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think it’s a missed opportunity to not have done the bandaged sculpt for the part four figure. I think I‘ll ultimately pass on all these Trick or Treat Studios releases and see what Sideshow offers instead.

The 2018 Myers looks leagues ahead of the '78 version. I placed a pre-order with BBTS, so at least I'll have ample time to see the finished version before I'm charged. :lol

Be curious to see if Sideshow goes beyond the original movie.

I’d be interested to know if the bloody ‘78 ends up a bust or sells for them, unless someone just wants a Myers that looks like a bloody mess regardless of film accuracy, it’s a waste, one of the praises of the original is lack of blood.

They part 4 and 5 figures look good for representing those films, I just don’t like the original design so I’d never get figures of them except maybe $25 NECAs, but even then it’s questionable.

I’m glad to see they’re moving forward, there’s been so much of gap since ‘78 went up that I was starting to worry we’d never get these and I really wanted the 2018.

At this point, I’m hoping for an H20 based on the Stan Winston mask, and depending on how it looks, I might be interested in a Curse version, never got the ThreeZero figure because it didn’t look that good to me. I don’t see myself wanting anything from Halloween Kills as it will be the 2018 mask with some charting from the fire and the big gash from the gun shot, which looks ugly to me.

If done right, an RZ 1 figure could be tempting, depending on how it comes out. The hair was a bit crazy in the movie, I like what NECA did with theirs.

It’s an increase across the board and I’m sure some is driven by popularity, so I’m not shocked 2018 costs most, but even bloody ‘78 is $20 more and the only difference is random blood splatter, I could do that to a $120 clean version with $1 worth of paint.

My guess is that something came up during production of the clean ‘78 and they realize it’s going to be more costly than they thought or they wanted to get people hooked, inside of people would want figures from them, and after success with the ‘78, they can be more realistic. They’re still about $60 less than most players in the 1:6 realm.

H1 - $120
H1 Bloody - $140
H4 - $160
H5 - $160
2018 - $180

I’m more annoyed by the inconsistency with release info.

https://twitter.com/trickortreat831/status/1295752502646906882?s=21

H4 - December 2020
H5 - December 2020
2018 - December 2020
Bloody ‘78 - October 2020

https://trickortreatstudios.com/shop-by-categories/collectibles/figures.html

H4 - December 2020
H5 - December 2020
2018 - January 2021

https://www.instagram.com/p/CECV4P7hlc8/?igshid=15skds1zxm1gs

H4 - November 2020
H5 - November 2020
2018 - December 2020

I can’t believe 3 official company resources all have different stories.

Just not sure about these.....jumpsuit looks very Barbie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 50% increase from the 78 to the 2018 Myers kinda stings, but $180 for a nice looking licensed version is still pretty hard to turn down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wonder if they caught so much crap they switched bodies. the original release info said something like 16 points of articulation. then it changed to the standard 32 or what ever. I wonder if it made a difference in cost but the first was past the cut off period so they pass the cost of replacement on to the next figures.

Reading through TOTS' Facebook post, they've confirmed that the photos are production samples:

Trick or Treat Studios The figures in the photos are actual production photos. We waited for final factory samples before launching these to assure our customers of the quality of the final product!

MaulFan said:
I?m more annoyed by the inconsistency with release info.

They say it's because they already sold out of some versions:

Trick or Treat Studios we already sold out of the ones available for October! We arranged additional figures but they will not be available until December.

They part 4 and 5 figures look good for representing those films, I just don?t like the original design so I?d never get figures of them except maybe $25 NECAs, but even then it?s questionable.

I feel the same way. They're just not very appealing designs, and come across as unintentionally comical.

I'm not that much of a fan of the film series beyond the original classic, but ordered TOTS' first cheap '78 just to have that version of Michael to complete the line up of what I've always considered the 'big three slashers' (Michael, Jason and Freddy).

After the '78 Halloween my favourite in the series has long been Halloween III.

However, I do like the look of TOTS' 2018 version, so he may be the only other one I get. It'd be a bitter pill to swallow, considering he's 50% more expensive than their first figure. This could be down to licensing costs though, as the figures display different copyright holders.

I'm also intrigued by their Terrifier Clown as I found both films intensely creepy. Though I don't know whether my mild coulrophobia would stand having him on display. :panic: (I've never owned a version of It).

Raw sculpt images from @caine_productions.

View attachment 489975

I didn't think about it at the time, but now I'm confused about who did the sculpting.

The listings for each of the various editions state: "Sculpted by Justin Mabry & Alexander Ray".

Does that mean they took turns working on the sculpts?

Caine Productions
March 23

New 1:6 scale Michael Myers figure created by Justin Mabry, Tinela Ayres and myself available for preorder now through Trick or Treat Studios!

Not sure if multiple people did the actual sculpt work or if one person did the physical sculpting and the other was a collaborator who would offer feedback to refine the final piece.

I hadn’t looked at the copyright information but that may very well be a factor in cost. What would be telling is if they do Halloween 2 and it costs as much as 2018, since both are Universal Studios. It would make sense, in the franchise, those are the in films with a really big studio attached to them.

Why does the ‘78 version look so... bad? I feel like it’s a combination between the eyes being too visible (not “blackest” enough) and the jumpsuit articulating some weird child-bearing hips situation going on. Might be in for the 2018 but would like to see high res close ups of the sculpt / paint job. It’s odd that the all of the prop photos are all such low quality.

Why does the ‘78 version look so... bad? I feel like it’s a combination between the eyes being too visible (not “blackest” enough) and the jumpsuit articulating some weird child-bearing hips situation going on. Might be in for the 2018 but would like to see high res close ups of the sculpt / paint job. It’s odd that the all of the prop photos are all such low quality.

If you don't like the TOTS one then grab Sideshow's and vice versa. The drawn in waist on the TOTS one sucks but the hair line on the Sideshow one sucks. Take your pick lol. Maybe each company will fix theirs and then it'll be a real tough decision. For the price, get TOTS. If Sideshow fixes their Myers hairline, I'd grab Sideshow as it'll probably look more life-like

Last edited:
Back