Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent, I just ordered a real metal Lamson off eBay for my ‘78.

It’s not an important detail, but I’m curious to see the packaging given this is a new product type for them.

I meant the knives you order from ebay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ohh, I think it looks nice, definitely better than crudely painted plastic.

A2364A0E-9497-4967-9BCB-75D4620313BB.jpeg

It’s not the super nice and accurate one others have bought, but it’s better and not a bad price.

Hmm to bad he don't have rz h1 styled one. Im getting an RZH1 in a couple weeks from a friend that Cee Creations did back in 2018
072fb4044a4fc8b99ad733e9ff1e3f3b.jpg
d7ddf68e5cae8562c0d27826adf454e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The reason I am not doing the TOT version is the waistline and pompadour hair height.

Nice to see a figure at this price, but it?s just too toy looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I never buy into the 'good for the price' argument, personally. For me something is either good or it isn't, and if I think it is good then that is the point where I decide if it is something I want enough to warrant whatever the purchase price happens to be.

If this turns out well then it would, of course, be a bargain, no doubt about it, but that's still a big 'if' for me, and I won't ever intentionally buy mediocrity just because it is cheap (relatively speaking).

That's why I didn't pre-order the tots release, I wasn't overly impressed by any of it beyond maybe the sculpt, and I don't have faith in the company, to boot. But I am very interested to see how the final piece turns out, and I am always open to having my mind changed by a production piece, so we'll see.

I was definitely in at first, but I want to see final product pics before I make a final decision. I’m trying to keep my collection really tight now, so for anything new I have to really be in love with it.

Yeah I never buy into the 'good for the price' argument, personally.

For me that comes down to expectation. In the collecting world, I know what a lot of money can get, and I know what a little can get, and I weigh those things out.

Take a 1/6 Michael Myers for example. I know that for probably around $1000 I could have a figure that would have the best of the best parts, the most accurate ones, etc. I also know that for $120, I could have the ToTS '78.

The question then becomes, what am I looking for in a 1/6 Myers, and which price point will satisfy me.

I've owned 2 customer Myers figures before, each with generic heads. Once had the Saturday Toys jumpsuit, which while not Halloween specific, looked great. For me it comes down to the portrait. I have never been 100% satisfied with any 1/6 Myers portrait I've ever seen, either the sculpt or the use of faux hair and not capturing the right look for me.

The moment I saw the ToTS portrait, I was sold, the portrait alone was worth the $120 for me. From there, it's a matter of how happy I can be with the rest. I'm happy enough with the jumpsuit, but I would never argue that it's perfect, I know it's not. Some of the accessories are on the simple side, I took care of that.

I'm eager to get it in hand and check it out for myself, but I'm sure I'll be as happy as I expect to be.

For me that comes down to expectation. In the collecting world, I know what a lot of money can get, and I know what a little can get, and I weigh those things out.

Take a 1/6 Michael Myers for example. I know that for probably around $1000 I could have a figure that would have the best of the best parts, the most accurate ones, etc. I also know that for $120, I could have the ToTS '78.

The question then becomes, what am I looking for in a 1/6 Myers, and which price point will satisfy me.

I've owned 2 customer Myers figures before, each with generic heads. Once had the Saturday Toys jumpsuit, which while not Halloween specific, looked great. For me it comes down to the portrait. I have never been 100% satisfied with any 1/6 Myers portrait I've ever seen, either the sculpt or the use of faux hair and not capturing the right look for me.

The moment I saw the ToTS portrait, I was sold, the portrait alone was worth the $120 for me. From there, it's a matter of how happy I can be with the rest. I'm happy enough with the jumpsuit, but I would never argue that it's perfect, I know it's not. Some of the accessories are on the simple side, I took care of that.

I'm eager to get it in hand and check it out for myself, but I'm sure I'll be as happy as I expect to be.

I?m with you, I haven?t seen a custom sculpt yet that actually nails the Myers/shatner mask. They all look off.

So, I’m losing hope of this thing arriving before Halloween, I imagine it’s going to take a week to get to me at least and no signs of shipping soon.

So, I?m losing hope of this thing arriving before Halloween, I imagine it?s going to take a week to get to me at least and no signs of shipping soon.

I think retailers are getting theirs first, then those who ordered through their site. It always happens. I always see retailers have masks ready to ship before trick or treat starts to send their customers who pre ordered their stuff first. God, they suck balls.

Yeah, but don't forget that retailers place their orders long before customers, so they actually do fill them in the order taken. But yeah - Nightmare Toys is my go-to if I want something from Trick or Treat as quickly as possible.

Update

Good afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out. The HALLOWEEN 1978 - MICHAEL MYERS 12" ACTION FIGURE has arrived at our warehouse and we are processing orders now. We will begin packing and shipping this week and expect all orders to go out by the end of next week. We will send an automated email with tracking information when your order is shipped.

Just ordered my 78 Myers. Anyone notice any other differences between this and the Samhain? I know blood splatter, but other than that they look identical to me.. am I right?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back