Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been awhile, but I'm still working on these, here is my Inara. I have a huge dust problem, so soon these will all be encased. :)

picture.php

Looks great Jon! How is the rest of the crew coming?

Anzik, my friend, I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given me. So, here is a River pic. Just finished her tonight. I actually had to paint the exposed chest area because when i slid the dress on it actually stained the body. I'm happy with it, and I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to this. So when I say I'm happy with it, I'm pretty pleased with myself. :)

picture.php
[/IMG]

phicen, small breast, pale. The head fit nicely, hair almost holds it on by itself. I just filled the head up with hot glue and stuck it on the post. Came out pretty good i think. LOL

The light area on the neck is from the camera flash. I painted it with flesh tone and it is a damn near match with the head paint up. :)

Some of you may remember this paint up I did on Trevor's amazing Zoe sculpt back in November of 2010.

ZoePoster.jpg

Here's my new style paint up of Zoe, done for my friend Corrose, perfectly paint matched to the Hot Angels body.

ZoePoster2.jpg

ZoeforCorroseFront.jpg

ZoeforCorroseProfile.jpg

ZoeforCorroseBack.jpg

ZoeforCorrose.jpg

My God, that's a fantastic repaint you did on Zoe. You are definitely one of the best artists I've ever seen here. I've seen your work and talent grow and grow. Congratulations on one fine job.

Old Grandpa

Fantastic SS, looks like a portrait of Gina Torres. Any ETA when you might be accepting new customers?

Yes, I'm super psyched to see this in hand, when I was showing my wife the photos on my phone earlier, she thought I was showing her a PHOTO of Gina in her underwear for a second.

Work is beyond amazing my friend.

It is a real pleasure to see the earlier and new painted versions of this fine sculpt. Such a difference in painting style, where the first is really clean and smooth and the second has all these little details, such as the hair line, the skin color and everything that just sets it apart. Looks real and I envy your skills.

So lifelike... and a perfect paint job on such a cool sculpt.

Zoe is on the Hot Toys carded Truetype Cuban, and it's fairly scarce at the moment, but there'll be another release sooner or later. Perfect skin color match, Nathan.

The Zoe 2.0 and Simon are both breathtaking. It's all I can do not to give up (tough day with colors today). You must have a very steady hand!

I wanted to give up all the time, and sometimes I still do. The thing that separates pros from amatuers is the willpower to never give up until it looks how you want it. Every time you don't give up, you get that much better, always learning.

No, I don't have a steady hand at all. If anything, I've learned how to minimize mistakes and leave myself the ability to cover them up easily.

It's definitely micropainting, and Josh just posted an amazing example of it. :clap

Frakkin' gorgeous work, Josh. I love the stray hairs on her forehead. I really do need to pick something to have you paint, just so I can have a Small Studios piece in my collection.

Back