Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my painted Simon. I struggled with this one, especially with the eyes and I'm not completely happy and might go back and repaint him one day. But for now:

sim3.jpg

sim2.jpg

sim1.jpg

And a crappy photo of my whole crew. Mal and Zoe are the only ones that are complete, the rest is work in progress:

DSCN6903.jpg

And a crappy photo of my whole crew. Mal and Zoe are the only ones that are complete, the rest is work in progress:

DSCN6903.jpg

Wow, that is an amazing crew. That Mal is so well proportioned. And your Zoe is by far the best one ive ever seen. HT quality easily.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your recipe for her?

Here's my painted Simon. I struggled with this one, especially with the eyes and I'm not completely happy and might go back and repaint him one day. But for now:

sim3.jpg

sim2.jpg

sim1.jpg

DSCN6903.jpg

Love your work as always... boy, what an impressive crew!

I still need to order a Simon head and buy a couple of female bodies for Inara and River. And I need to still get a dress for River... currently she looks like she just got thawed out in the cargo hold.

Love your work as always... boy, what an impressive crew!

I still need to order a Simon head and buy a couple of female bodies for Inara and River. And I need to still get a dress for River... currently she looks like she just got thawed out in the cargo hold.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Wow, that is an amazing crew. That Mal is so well proportioned. And your Zoe is by far the best one ive ever seen. HT quality easily.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your recipe for her?

For Zoe:
- the shirt I bought a while ago off ebay and it was advertised as coming from the Silken Floss figure
- vest from smcg, first I trimmed as much excess leather from the inside as possible and then I took a wet brush and dabbled it in black paint (the idea is to have more water than paint) and did about three or four washes over the vest, it gave it a nice worn look and made the leather softer and easier to shape to the body
- pants from HT Jill Valentine
- boots from HT Black Widow
- gun rig fom Stevo
- the black belt from some german soldier figure, I shortened it then filed off the nazi insignia from the buckle and painted it with gold paint

Thanks for the description on the Zoe vest. I think Chad did a really good job, but it is BIG. Have to give it a try trimming it a bit.

Mighty_Jabba...your Firefly figures are amazing.

I would also love to see pictures of the shelf below it, looks like some great customs there.

MJ, wow, what a great job on the crew! :clap (And thank you for the two great paintups!) I had to pick and choose who to do. I had to pick my favorites. :) One day I'll get them into a photo shoot.

Hey MJ. Love your crew. I've seen your work close up as you've done my sons sculpts. Great work as always, but there's something not quite right about Simon's eyes. He looks a little startled. It's always great to see someones completed figures.

Old Grandpa

MJ, wow, what a great job on the crew! :clap (And thank you for the two great paintups!) I had to pick and choose who to do. I had to pick my favorites. :) One day I'll get them into a photo shoot.

Thanks, man! :duff

Hey MJ. Love your crew. I've seen your work close up as you've done my sons sculpts. Great work as always, but there's something not quite right about Simon's eyes. He looks a little startled. It's always great to see someones completed figures.

Old Grandpa

This is the main reason why I said I wasn't completely happy with the paint-up. I blame Maher, he has the strangest eyes. While in most people the iris seems to be wider at the top and narrower at the bottom, with him its the exact opposite.

sean_firefly_wallpaper800.jpg

Whenever I think about how he looked in the show, the wide-eyed look is always a part of my mental image of him. Trying to paint that on a sculpt gives him a bit of a startled look. I'm waiting to see how other painters will handle this.

Well it's been awhile, but I'm still working on these, here is my Inara. I have a huge dust problem, so soon these will all be encased. :)

picture.php

Looking good Big Jon. I used that same dress. Might I suggest some drop ear rings. Trev put a little dimple on Inara's ear lobes to drill for the ear rings. Check out Nika Designs at www.nikadesigns.com, click on Salesroom and scan down. Let me know what you think.

Old Grandpa

Looking good Big Jon. I used that same dress. Might I suggest some drop ear rings. Trev put a little dimple on Inara's ear lobes to drill for the ear rings. Check out Nika Designs at www.nikadesigns.com, click on Salesroom and scan down. Let me know what you think.

Old Grandpa

Hey OG, I got the dress off ebay in a lot of 3. I actually liked the gold one better, but the arms are too short. I've been looking for that earring site since you first posted it way back when. I will definately look into it. A little nervous about drilling a whole though.

Hey OG, I got the dress off ebay in a lot of 3. I actually liked the gold one better, but the arms are too short. I've been looking for that earring site since you first posted it way back when. I will definately look into it. A little nervous about drilling a whole though.

It's not that bad. Mic the earring post, select the wire drill bit that's the same size. Use a pin vice, and be careful. I really like the results, and the earring selection is huge.

Old Grandpa

Back