Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks outstanding Nathan! the eyes on them are creepy real.

Should it technically be the hip we should measure, as Zoe's rig rest on the hip? There is a decent size difference between the waist and the hip.

Ya, sorry I just meant where ever you want the belt to sit.:slap sometimes my words don't say what my head is thinking.

The Official Jayne Cobb for Adam Baldwin figure.
JayneforAdamRightProfile02.jpg

JayneforAdam01.jpg

JayneforAdamLeftProfile.jpg

JayneforAdamRightProfile.jpg

Awesome. How difficult was it to convert the head to a TT style? I still can't figure out how to accomplish Jayne's height difference, going to this neckless style would help solve that, could use the tall TTs or new Kaustic body.

The only other options I have are Bucks (don't want to go there) and the Prometheus. Put Mal on a 1.0 and Jayne on 1.2.

I've always been complimented on my eye work, so now I spend most of the time making sure the eyes are just right so as not to disappoint. The skin and hair are quick by comparison.

Awesome. How difficult was it to convert the head to a TT style?

It's not difficult at all. Trevor removed the neck to fit a TT for the Jayne project, but I also removed the neck exactly the same way for a customer. In fact, the pic of the neckless head by itself is not the head that is pictured on the body. It's just a matter of a little careful Dremel work. Takes me 10-30 minutes to do it just right.

I've always been complimented on my eye work, so now I spend most of the time making sure the eyes are just right so as not to disappoint. The skin and hair are quick by comparison.

The skin and hair are equally impressive, the eyes are just inherently striking.

I still can't believe you get that fine detail out of an airbrush. You must have some amazing eyesight.

Silent Surfer...

Damn, those eyes on Jayne are amazing!

I'd love to see a tutorial on how you do them. Do you use a brush? And how many hairs does it have? 1? Are toothpicks involved?

Inquiring minds want to know!
:pray:

Fantastic work Nathan. That sculpt looks so good on the muscular body, and with your paint job we all will be proud to give it to Adam. You are definitely one of the best.

Old Grandpa

Very Nice ! Even though you won't be able to move the head up or down, it fits togeather so well I'd say that doesn't matter too much at al because of how AWESOME it looks !
JERMS !!

wow, three days and I am finally done reading this thread. I am so late to the party, but you all have been so helpful, especially Old Grandpa who has practically held my hand to start this whole project. I only hope my bash comes out half as good as some of the ones I have seen on here.

You are definitely one of the best.

Old Grandpa

"ONE of the best"?! Why you dirty, low down...

...I mean, thank you.:1-1:

I still can't believe you get that fine detail out of an airbrush. You must have some amazing eyesight.

Silent Surfer...

Damn, those eyes on Jayne are amazing!

I'd love to see a tutorial on how you do them. Do you use a brush? And how many hairs does it have? 1? Are toothpicks involved?

Inquiring minds want to know!
:pray:

I only use an airbrush for the skin tones, freckles, and sometimes the hair base color tint effects. Otherwise I use very small brushes called "Spotters". I never use toothpics, though I've heard that trick works pretty well. And, yes, it does take some good eyes, and that's why mine are finally going bad (that and I'm 38 now). I have to use a magnifying visor like the one below to work on the eyes nowadays.

headbandvisorheadbinocularmagnifier.jpg

Very Nice ! Even though you won't be able to move the head up or down, it fits togeather so well I'd say that doesn't matter too much at al because of how AWESOME it looks !
JERMS !!

If by 'up and down' you mean longer or shorter neck, then, no, you can slide it up and down the neck, and it actually gets pretty low. If you mean he can't nod forward or backward, you're right. Minimal to no range there.

Back