Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome job on Simon and the new River, Trevor. If you find time to do other projects related to the crew I would love to see accurate boots for both River and Zoe. Which reminds me if you still have them available I would like the Mal boots when you get around to offering Simon!

Thanks all! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The curse of creative work...the moment you're "done" you look back and just want to start over. :D It's a special kind of insanity, I think.

Trev

I would love to see you start over and maybe make the scale a tad bit smaller. With some of the alternate sculpts you've mentioned, it seems like there will definitely be options for all of the characters.

hahaha! Yeah, they're no doubt too big...But I did just get a little nauseous at the idea of starting over... maybe the better way for me to put it is, "I look back at the sculpts and wish I had done better...but I'm willing to let go of that for a while." :D

Some day, I can totally see revisiting all of these characters in some way.

Progmatinee- boots would be nice for more than just Mal! (those Mal boots are still available) That's another thing I didn't consider...how tough some of the outfits would be for folks.

*cough* full figure maquettes with bases *cough*

as if the thought of sculpting 9 heads again wasn't nausea inducing enough. :lol

oh, and I think you totally nailed the likenesses on all of them, Trev, but Book and Jayne are my favs and River and Zoe... heck they are all killer!

This set makes me wish I made a lot more money. I would love these guys all standing together looking awesome, like some of the other members here have. Who knows, maybe one day :p.

Stunning work as always Trev! :D

Simon_Tam.jpg

Summer.jpg

No more words, so I'll just rely on my sig from now on :bow

Exactly! Now that the crew is completed, time to move onto other things maybe... Like a certain scientist with a penchant for plutonium ;) heavy indeed. :p

Soooo excited for Doc! :exactly: I dug out my Beto radiation suit and popped it on a newly acquired Narrow TT this weekend.

Entropy- Actually, the idea of doing maquettes is exciting! I love getting to do that for the LOTR characters with Sideshow...but they are a LOT of work. :) I can really picture an awesome set of maquette statues....man...why does this kind of stuff have to take soooo much time and effort. :D

Shamm and Marf- TOTALLY still happening. Doc Brown is still on the desk. :) That crazy scientist is really tough to capture in sculpture, but I'm tryin'! :)

Eldorado- I'll probably have the alternate endoskeleton damage version ready by the middle of the month. I look forward to that one too!

To everyone else, thank you so much. Your support has made this much more enjoyable for me.
Trev

WOW!!! Trev, these are fantastic. As for size. I love them just the way they are. I'm in for one of each of these latest sculpts. I for one would love to see the Kaylee variants, as well as a Saffron, Badger and Niska sculpt. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with what you've done, just wishing.

Old Grandpa

Wow! What a great New Year's present you've given us Trevor! Simon looks great and I can't wait to get one. Love the alternate Summer too - but I've got to restrain myself from making duplicates. Hard to believe the crew will soon be complete.

Thanks so much for doing this! I can't wait to see what you turn your talents to next.

I know Trevor is not against doing Zoe's boots. So if enough of us say 'me, me, me' I bet he'll give us a definite yes or no.

'Me, me, me!'

Trev, these are phenomenal. As an artist myself(character artist in the gaming industry), I know how challenging it is to capture someone's likeness and you have done it flawlessly.

Back