Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Thanks OG! I only started sewing a few of months ago. I did some stuff here and there back a few years ago but nothing like this.

I do have some ideas for the suspenders. the nylon stuff that companies use for straps and belts on figures looks really close to what he has. then I am gonna add the shoulder details with pleather.

My wife and I are floored by the level of detail of these sculpts. WOW! If only they were available at retail. They would sell like hotcakes!

OG, where did you find that awesome bow and quiver?

Got the bow, arrows, and quiver off eBay. I don't remember where the bow and quiver originaly came from, but the arrows are from SS's G.I.Joe line. I do alot of eBay scanning. Do you feel they work with Inara?

Old Grandpa

Got the bow, arrows, and quiver off eBay. I don't remember where the bow and quiver originaly came from, but the arrows are from SS's G.I.Joe line. I do alot of eBay scanning. Do you feel they work with Inara?

Old Grandpa

Yes very much so. I was planning on doing a combat dress outfit like she wore in the film but in a red. Inara has to wear red in my collection.

the new Abigail Whistler HT figure will come with a couple of pretty cool bows as well.

Hey OG;

Is that vest for Simon something you made custom, or something that can be found somewhere?

And what did you use for Wash's jumpsuit?

thanks much...

Cool thanks Eric. Does TA part out Hot Toys figures?

yeah, you do have to be quick, because they don't get many. I bet a lot of people will be mostly interested in the figure so the bows might not be too hard to get.

Hey OG;

Is that vest for Simon something you made custom, or something that can be found somewhere?

And what did you use for Wash's jumpsuit?

thanks much...

Obsolete is right, I did use the waistcoat that I got from Battlegear Toys. Wash's jumpsuit is a Saturday Toys Prison Coveralls with the sleaves removed and slightly altered so as to be less baggy. His Hawiian shirt is from SS's Buffy series, Vampire Spike Exclusive.

Old Grandpa

WOW yeah it is waay to thick. but it seems like it is not fitted well at all. even the chest area is too bulky. a decent doll seamstress should be able to line it and still have the material and fit be in scale with the figure. may I ask who did the work?

I have to wonder if that body is right for Inara as she is the most fem of all the female characters.

This is just my opinion though and the rest of your figures have seriously kicked butt. love the hat on Jayne. I plan on knitting one for mine but I will go a bit more to scale with sewing thread and 0000 needles

This is the Inara I had the seamstress make for me. Not completely happy with it. I think it looks too thick around her waist. The seamstress lined all the clothes and that added a lot of bulk to the look I was after. Really want your feedback on this one. I’ve found a local woman who makes doll clothes and she’s going to give it a try.

img6918f.jpg

img6919w.jpg

img6921e.jpg

img6927o.jpg

img6924o.jpg

WOW yeah it is waay to thick. may I ask who did the work?

An outfit here in Portland, Oregon. Skye Blue Can Sew. They replaced a zipper for my Kaylee coveralls and altered my Wash outfit, so I thought I'd give them a try. Sorry I did. Just have to wait and see how the doll lady does.

Old Grandpa

It's a nice outfit just doesn't do her justice. Good luck getting what you want though. and if you are still having trouble let me know. I know alot of semi professional doll designers that should be able to hook you up. if you have the material even I can do it. But I am swamped for a while still so you wouldn't want to wait.

It's a nice outfit just doesn't do her justice. Good luck getting what you want though. and if you are still having trouble let me know. I know alot of semi professional doll designers that should be able to hook you up. if you have the material even I can do it. But I am swamped for a while still so you wouldn't want to wait.

Thank you for your offer. If my next try doesn't pan out I'll take you up on that offer. Inara just isn't right if her outfit isn't.

Please post photos of Jayne's hat when you finish it. I'd love to see it.

Old Grandpa

Awesome work as always OG :rock :rock

I will agree that the Inara outfit does look a bit too bulky. I really like the style, but possibly removing the lining (which you'd never see anyway) will help a lot.

Well I can now finally start assembling my Jayne and Mal figures... here are the heads I just got back from Customikey; he did a great job :rock

painta.jpg

I'm waiting on my rig from Steve-O, after I get that I'll assemble both figures.

I think you might want to go with another body for Inara. Morena Baccarin is a fairly petitie woman, so it looks wierd to have a body that is so Busty.

I would consider just staring from scratch with her. The dress is a bit pink anyway. Looks too bold considering that Inara mostly wore earth tones like yellow.

Is anyone familiar with Triad Alpha female bodies? Are they tall or short compared to truetypes and female bucks, somewhere in between? I plan on using the female buck for Zoe but need shorter figs for River and Kaylee, but don't really want to use the Truetype for either of them. Thoughts?

Eric I love how my Kaylee looks on the true type but I'd love to see how the triad bodies measure up with the TT.

God how I would love a Mal. Unfortunately I still have unpainted sculpts from other customs I was going to try so I know I'd never get around to it :(

I think you might want to go with another body for Inara. Morena Baccarin is a fairly petitie woman, so it looks wierd to have a body that is so Busty.

I would consider just staring from scratch with her. The dress is a bit pink anyway. Looks too bold considering that Inara mostly wore earth tones like yellow.

The body under that gown is a HT TT Caucasian and is one of the least busty bodies I could find. The female Buck body is worse. Got any ideas for the body.

The outfit she's wearing is a copy of the outfit she wore in "Jaynestown", and is a pretty close copy. As I stated before, the main problem is the bulk of the clothing. It makes her look busty and heavy.

Old Grandpa

Back