Treebeard Masters Collection Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F@#€# I missed this one. Impossible to buy even in the second market.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Shipped

weta.jpg

I hope the green paint apps look good,with different shades of darker green like the proto

Surprised no one has posted in hand pics here yet, received mine last week.
Weta nailed it, in person it’s proto quality :rock

YvGsJN6.jpg

FfM4jX9.jpg

q8a1Zfl.jpg

wsAM0um.jpg

9vkzDRR.jpg

mkluj04.jpg

fKLfNT9.jpg

XfsXY8j.jpg

Congrats, looks like it turned out well. What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks, it’s absolutely amazing the detail is excellent and I really can’t fault the paint app. My biggest surprise was the hobbits as i thought from the early pics they had poor likeness’s and the paint didn’t look great but in person the likeness on both of them is excellent, and the paint is amazingly detailed. They look like they’ve either been done in translucent resin or just been painted very very well. I can’t see anyone who ordered this being disappointed.

I had Thranduil on Elk and thought the portrait was done pretty well. Sounds like the hobbits are on the same lvl or possibly better, glad to hear it was everything it was supposed to be. It looks really impressive. I'm hoping the new Ringwraith turns out well.

Thanks, it’s absolutely amazing the detail is excellent and I really can’t fault the paint app. My biggest surprise was the hobbits as i thought from the early pics they had poor likeness’s and the paint didn’t look great but in person the likeness on both of them is excellent, and the paint is amazingly detailed. They look like they’ve either been done in translucent resin or just been painted very very well. I can’t see anyone who ordered this being disappointed.

If you take a small flashlight and hold it up to the “skin” you can tell quickly if it’s translucent resin or paint. Translucent will glow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't finished putting this guy together, but he is awesome! And yes, the paint on the hobbits is so much better than what I'm used to with Weta. For those of you that got this, what is the smaller box made out of??? It's heavier empty than the statue parts that came inside of it!

Got mine yesterday and the torso is damn near impossible to fit in,was trying for an hour,while trying to fiddle with that,the base on treebeard is wobbly.I am not too thrilled as of now,had hesitations buying this after Thranduil even tho this was part of the master line,mostly because I didn’t think they could achieve the goal of proto standards for the MSRP price when compared to Gollum...gonna see what Weta can do,but anything short of near perfection will be sent back because I don’t ever have issues when dropping this amount of money with ECC

Did you try attaching the torso to the upper legs, or at least one leg, first before placing them on the legs attached to the base? Apparently that's easier. I had some trouble too but got there. Once it's assembled it's a masterpiece.

I also had a lot of trouble attaching the torso. I had to get the left leg metal peg into the torso cavity (just in the cavity, no where near the actual peg hole!), then position the torso into the right leg slot. Then I had to really angle the torso towards the left leg to get that peg to where it needed to go, and it finally all slid in. Yes, it took a lot of experimentation, but I finally got it in.

(I attached it the way described in the video, but the way FrodoEyes suggests sounds like it would have been much easier, as the upper legs go on the lower legs quite easily.)

I have over 100 Sideshow and WETA Tolkien statues and items and Treebeard is absolutely the Holy Grail of them all. It is simply the best in execution and quality . Nothing compares to it.

Nothing more be said.

Back