Treebeard Masters Collection Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Treebeard looks absolutely incredible and I would love to own it..... but if the price is as high as some people are saying it will be... that's simply too much for my poor wallet.

$XX would be pricing people right out of the hobby.

That gets said every year, at the rate prices are increasing I wouldn't be shocked, I was just joking about $5k(hopefully), but saying people would have to pay even $1k for a weta piece just a few years ago would illicit the same response.

That gets said every year, at the rate prices are increasing I wouldn't be shocked, I was just joking about $5k(hopefully), but saying people would have to pay even $1k for a weta piece just a few years ago would illicit the same response.

Agreed, cost keeps rising and people are still complaining AND paying. Sauron will be the last trully high dollar item that I'll pay for, I'm just waiting for it to come out.

I'm guessing this will be somewhere around $1500.00 to $2000.00
Hoping Not $2500.00 or more!
Thank Heavens they do payments though. I want this for sure!

I'm guessing this will be somewhere around $1500.00 to $2000.00
Hoping Not $2500.00 or more!
Thank Heavens they do payments though. I want this for sure!

After Thranduil I'd be worried about paint apps on figurative pieces from Weta. Being the masters line may change that, but that's a huge piece with a high price tag to find out.

Looks sweet. Stinks that statues have gone up so much, ten years ago years ago I would buy almost any statue, but these days just too much for piece like this

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Pricing has gotten ridiculous. But, if the people pay it, the manufacturers will continue to raise the prices.

Great looking piece, though. Hopefully the production pieces match the proto in fit and finish.

After Thranduil I'd be worried about paint apps on figurative pieces from Weta. Being the masters line may change that, but that's a huge piece with a high price tag to find out.

This. I wanted that piece so bad. But the paint...

This. I wanted that piece so bad. But the paint...

This could arguably come out better than Thranduil as there's no flesh involved, but there are two hobbits...

My ToE did not have a horrible paint app and the portrait was actually good, just wasn't pleased overall for what I paid.

This could arguably come out better than Thranduil as there's no flesh involved, but there are two hobbits...

My ToE did not have a horrible paint app and the portrait was actually good, just wasn't pleased overall for what I paid.

I keep going back and forth between, "Maybe I should just buy it and have an artist repaint Thranduil's face, since repainting the entire statue would cost too much." And "WTF NO! Look at that price! Now add on the cost of even a partial repaint. Why do you think you're rich?"

:rotfl

Prices are always a lot higher then I think, so its probably going to be $3,500. At 2k I'm in.

Back