Premium Format TREEBEARD Announcement Please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURINS~BANE

Super Freak
Reaction score
We have the SS weta bust but thats all. Think it time sideshow made a PF Treebeard would buy it definetly. The Ents are great.

Re: TREEBEARD

That would be a large PF. If this was to ever happen it would probably be a legendary scale figure and I'm not sure there is enough demand for the character.

I think the Weta bust is 1/4 scale so you can figure out a PF would be ginormou$. As Josh stated, not sure there would be enough customers for a huge and highly expensive representation of this character.

Treebeard would have been a great candidate for the late diorama line. Add Merry and Pippin throwing rocks and a squashed orc on the ground and we could have had a winner.

If anything, I think we might see him as a maquette, but definitly not as a PF.

PS : There should be a ? in the thread title. It's highly misleading ! :gah: :D

Yeah please change the title :lol

Seriously though imagine the size of it,look at your PF's sitting on your shelves,now picture an Ent standing next to them in the same scale,never going to happen

Personally, I think a 1/4th scale Treebeard bust with Merry and Pippen riding would make an amazing PF and I dare say people would be willing to pay $1000 for it.

aww I thought this was a real announcement. I was really about to say "This thing is gonna be HUGE" oh well, I'll save that for a real announcement of another large LOTR character I guess

I have thought that Treebeard would have made a great "value-added" base to Merry and Pippin in the Premium Format line. I thought that a 1/4 scale bust of treebeard would serve nicely as a way to offer both Merry and Pippin, and Sideshow could release some fan favorite characters that might not be as popular individually. I think even in the following image, they would only be 36" tall.
24411M.jpg

You would have to truncate the beard a little bit, but it could work...

That being said, I think a full figure Treebeard would make a better candidate in the Maquette line, and even then, he would most likely not be true 1/5 (1/6?) scale.

I have thought that Treebeard would have made a great "value-added" base to Merry and Pippin in the Premium Format line. I thought that a 1/4 scale bust of treebeard would serve nicely as a way to offer both Merry and Pippin, and Sideshow could release some fan favorite characters that might not be as popular individually. I think even in the following image, they would only be 36" tall.
24411M.jpg

You would have to truncate the beard a little bit, but it could work...

I really like that idea Chris :clap

Works for me...but may be out of my budget...a great idea non the less. :hi5:

:duff
Bill

A PF in 1/4 scale will be very expensive but so great. Like Coriolis said maybe in the diorama line.

Back