Transformers To PPV on 7/3, Same Day As Theaters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it really stealing if the movie isn't sold out?:lol:lol:lol

Look man, Jesus frowns upon stuff like that. Once your day comes and you reach the pearly gates of heaven's doors, an angel comes up to you with a list. "Well, you seem to be an idea guy for heaven, but oh wait, we have a problem. You sneaked into see the Jonas Brothers Movie in 3D... oh wait, that's Bodie, errr sorry. Ahhh! Here we are! It says you sneaked into see the Notebook and Glitter starring Mariah Carey! Entry DENIED!"

Then the angel pulls the lever that releases a trap door from underneath where you're standing, sending you hurdling into the fiery depths of hell, skin and flesh being eaten away, and your bones slowly dissolving, while letting out a lifeless grone, "I am still more awesomer than all of... ugh... youuuu" until all that is left, is a cloud of smoke that looks reminscent of the word, "awesome"... moments later that cloud dissipates into thin air. Door is flipped back up. People morn but get over it once SideShow announces their next big collectible.

End scene.

The only thing Jesus would frown upon is if we paid for a ticket to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

I'd rather go and support my local theater. Snacks are over priced but that is virtually the only revenue the theaters make. They make very little on ticket sales. My local theater the ticket profit goes 90/10. 90% to the movie studio and only 10% of ticket profits go to the theater. So if my theater sells $2000 in ticket sales for a film, they only get a lousy $200 of that. My local theater has a 100,000 a month rent at the mall so top that off with electricity, water, employee pay, and everything else, they have to sell a lot of snacks to make any money at all. Most of the time they only really make money during the four major summer months May, June, July and August with December adding a bit more. The other 7 months they hardly make anything at all.

Sneaking food in may be the cheap alternative but think about not having a theater to sneak the food into if they go under because of lack of snack sales. They rely on it to stay in business.

I personally can see movies for free because I have a relative who works at the theater and family gets in free. I use the money I don't spend on a ticket at the snack stand.

Look man, Jesus frowns upon stuff like that. Once your day comes and you reach the pearly gates of heaven's doors, an angel comes up to you with a list. "Well, you seem to be an idea guy for heaven, but oh wait, we have a problem. You sneaked into see the Jonas Brothers Movie in 3D... oh wait, that's Bodie, errr sorry. Ahhh! Here we are! It says you sneaked into see the Notebook and Glitter starring Mariah Carey! Entry DENIED!"
Heaven would already be aware of all the times I turned the other cheek and didn't complain when countless people ruined my theatre going experience for a movie I paid to see and would conclude that all the free movies I saw were owed to me anyway.

You're setting yourself up BIG TIME with that one. :lol

You know it! lol

When haven't I set myself up for something? I figure if I make it too easy for you guys to target me, you'll ignore and move onto someone else. You guys need a challenge. I am no challenge! It's a new line of strategy I am trying.

Heaven would already be aware of all the times I turned the other cheek and didn't complain when countless people ruined my theatre going experience for a movie I paid to see and would conclude that all the free movies I saw were owed to me anyway.

Good point! But do two wrongs make a right Bannister? Do they? Well, do they?

You know it! lol

When haven't I set myself up for something? I figure if I make it too easy for you guys to target me, you'll ignore and move onto someone else. You guys need a challenge. I am no challenge! It's a new line of strategy I am trying.

walking_target_tshirt-p235871760161140232qw4k_210.jpg

Good point! But do two wrongs make a right Bannister? Do they? Well, do they?

I was just saving myself and theatre management the time it would take to issue me a complimentary ticket. I am also saving trees this way since less tickets have to printed. Not only am I saving time, but the environment as well.

I was just saving myself and theatre management the time it would take to issue me a complimentary ticket. I am also saving trees this way since less tickets have to printed. Not only am I saving time, but the environment as well.

You're a smart man. Very honorable with how you think and process said information. You sir, are a true hero! Bravo John! Bravo! :date I was too lazy to go down the list for the clapping avatar, so I settled for that one. Meh.

You're a smart man. Very honorable with how you think and process said information. You sir, are a true hero! Bravo John! Bravo! :date I was too lazy to go down the list for the clapping avatar, so I settled for that one. Meh.

I knew you would come around to my way of thinking.:lol:lol:lol

Seems like an even better opportunity for piracy to me.

I must be getting old but I like the traditional theater experience. I live kinda rural though people are still pretty polite out here and movie theaters are only crowded on blockbusters opening nights. Nothing ever happens that a "please STFU Im watching a movie" cant handle.

Back