Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do take my Buckaroo to the movie theater and he sits there quietly and watches the film along with his old man. This Summer we've seen Wolverine, Monsters vs. Aliens and I was going to take him to see Transformers. Believe me though, if Rev ( my son) was a loud, obnoxious kid I would not take him. I have kids but it also irks me when there are kids in the theater that don't shut up during the movie. One of my pet peeves. I have sat down with him though and explained that movies are not real, that they are make believe, and that they are for entertainment and he seems to understand. We also watch G1 together so he knows who all the robots are supposed to be. Besides what's the worst that can happen? he grows up to love Transformers, GI Joe, and Star Wars and ends up posting here in a few years. Wait a minute.....

I don't think this is true. I actually think a serious transformers film would make MORE money than the ones bay makes. and you're making it sound like I'm saying that this should appeal to ONLY transformer fans, which isn't what I was saying. does spider man 2 appeal to only spider man fans? does x men 2 only appeal to x men fans? do the batman movies appeal to only batman fans? you could keep ALL the human characters and just retool them so they could fit in a apocalyptict setting, which is where I got I am Legend from.

and just because it is based on an old toy line and cartoon show means the movies have to be mindless? and talking about kids toys, you have two autobots that call each other ^^^^^es, want to shoot each other in the face, and then call one of the main characters a ^^^^^? there's nothing kid friendly about this movie really. but I know I'm not the only one that wants to see this franchise taken seriously. ever read any of simon furmans comics? that guy knows how to write transformers, he takes the subject matter seriously and his comics are some of the best transformers stories ever written. but the movie is what it is, I don't want to start a long argument about it, I was just open to a conversation.

What people fail to realize is that even with todays technology, a serious Transformer movie is not possible. It would cost way too much. Which is why Bay and company went this route. This was more the studios decision than it was Bay's. What CGI was used in Bay's film was very very little compared to what would be needed if it was a "serious" film, which had every Bot character fully realized the way we wanted them to be. I mean, having Optimus just stand there and talk costs some serious money compared to an actor.

So I know, I know.. I want a serious Transformer flick with nothing but bots in full character kicking ass and very little humans as possible too. But I think we're going to have to wait another 10 to 20 years when technology has far advanced it's self to get one. Next generation guys.

Just got back from it, And loved it. Superior to the first film, Glad to see Bay took a little more from the Origins of the series, and integrated more, Frank Welker as Soundwave made me smile, tremendously, and I had almost no trouble understanding Starscream and megatron this time around. They did a much better job of balancing the human parts and the transformers part, though it still felt a little heavy on the human parts, it was not as bad as the first go round.

Jetfire the anchient.... meh. it was ok, but I think that the character would have worked better as someone like Vector Prime, or Alpha Trion.

Overall, 3.5 out of 5. I enjoeyed it, and the little line at the begenning "If god made us in his image, who made them?" i think will end up coming back around for the third film.
agreed, like the flick a lot(more than i thought)...ps im a huge megan fox fan but that other chick prob out did her this movie if thats possible..
"Isabel Lucas"

What people fail to realize is that even with todays technology, a serious Transformer movie is not possible. It would cost way too much. Which is why Bay and company went this route. This was more the studios decision than it was Bay's. What CGI was used in Bay's film was very very little compared to what would be needed if it was a "serious" film, which had every Bot character fully realized the way we wanted them to be. I mean, having Optimus just stand there and talk costs some serious money compared to an actor.

So I know, I know.. I want a serious Transformer flick with nothing but bots in full character kicking ass and very little humans as possible too. But I think we're going to have to wait another 10 to 20 years when technology has far advanced it's self to get one. Next generation guys.

Would it cost money to cut out the prentednder segment all together?
Would it cost money to change Jet fire into something a tad more conventional?
Would it cost money not to make Muds and Skids less ghetto?
Would it cost money to take out the frisbee scene with the mom?
Would it cost money to take all the bodily robot functions out?
Would it cost more money to take out all randon Expendibots?
Would it cost more money to cut the swearing and make it a bit friendlier to a younger audience??

I dont blame Bay really, he did his job make hugee fights scenes and eye candy that work. Its the writers that failed this movie on an epic scale.

And this has nothing to do with being some die hard fan boy, this is a bad movie that disappoints in comparison to the first one on so many levels.

Not really, a lot of time in this went into the complex transformer models, and the transformations. If you wanted it a more straightforward adaptation of the show it would be much more simple and they wouldn't have to spend a month animating each transformation or 70 hours rendering each frame.

Would it cost money to cut out the prentednder segment all together?
Would it cost money to change Jet fire into something a tad more conventional?
Would it cost money not to make Muds and Skids less ghetto?
Would it cost money to take out the frisbee scene with the mom?
Would it cost money to take all the bodily robot functions out?
Would it cost more money to take out all randon Expendibots?
Would it cost more money to cut the swearing and make it a bit friendlier to a younger audience??

I dont blame Bay really, he did his job make hugee fights scenes and eye candy that work. Its the writers that failed this movie on an epic scale.

And this has nothing to do with being some die hard fan boy, this is a bad movie that disappoints in comparison to the first one on so many levels.

It was directed at a younger audience. The vulgar comedic route was the only story they were willing to tell. And it worked. I mean nearly the whole audience, incuding me was laughing there ass off. Especially that fem bot Pretender scene that you hate. And I hate the Pretender concept intirely. But the way Bay put in front of us was just so much more interesting and damn funny. And that's the whole idea! No one would have took any of this ^^^^ seriously if it was done in a serious tone, with the money they had to spend making it. They knew that. If I would have seen that pretender chick in a more serious way I would have hated it. But the way it is now, I don't.

And to answer your question about the movie costing more if it were serious; The only way to make it serious is; 1) to take most of the human element out of it. And there you will have one expensive ass movie.

I also think the critics just hate the whole transformer concept, which is why it's getting the reviews it is. I mean the silly dirty jokes worked for Star Trek why couldn't worked for Transformers??

Oh and for the record, the only comedic things I think they could have toned down was the mom's character and they could have gotten rid of the twins completely. The twins where not funny at all in my book, but they still got laughs from the younger crowd.

I didn't really laugh at the twins, I wasn't utterly annoyed by them but I just don't enjoy the kinda humor they were doing, I laughed at the human jokes and Bee screwing with the robo chick, just as I laughed when he was taking Sam and Mikela to makeout point in the first one :lol

Loved the Twins. Bought their figures today.

crackhead.jpg

My favorite comedic scene was the Pretender scene. Seeing SAM on the floor screaming like a beyotch was just ^^^^ing hilarious!!

Yeah, I laughed my ass off at that too, though I shouldn't laugh too loud, I'd probably scream like that if I had that ^^^^^ trying to kill me too :lol

I swear these Transformers movie toys are getting more difficult to actually transform. I don't know how kids do it. The instruction sheets are too vague! Maybe it's due to me getting older (although I'm still in my 20's wtf!!).

Anyway, I'm taking a friend to see it tomorrow (it'll be my second time seeing it) and I'm looking forward to it. I find something really strange about my experience and recollection with this film. When I saw it the first time on Wednesday I thought it was okay but I knew that within 24 hours I wouldn't remember 90% of what happened because of the film's pacing (and the sheer number of explosions wreaking havoc on my prefrontal cortex).

I've been recalling scenes from the film, but whenever I do it's a blur of yelling, metal, and explosions. It's like a fever dream. Maybe I should take....something...before seeing it again.

The Target Sale starts on 6/28/09 and the deluxe figures will be $8.99 each while supplies last. All ROTF toys will be on sale, also If you buy 2 figures you get 10% off. If you buy 3 figures you get 15% off. If you buy 4 figures you get 20%off.

Online Codes:
Buy2=10% off (TF2WEB02)
Buy3=15% off (TF2WEB03)
Buy4=20% off (TF2WEB04)

Link to Print Coupons: (Expires 7/11/09)
https://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image.../451955490.pdf

I've been recalling scenes from the film, but whenever I do it's a blur of yelling, metal, and explosions. It's like a fever dream. Maybe I should take....something...before seeing it again.

Same thing here, although the things I remember are Megan Fox on the Bike, Megan Fox taking off that leather jumpsuit and changing into the white dress, Megan Fox running in slow mo, Megan Fox screaming, Megan fox, Megan Fox, Megan Fox, Megan Fox

:rotfl:rotfl

Back