Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon Announced For 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Transformers 3 Announced For 2011

Ppppppfff. Unlike some things, these movies deserve hate. They are ____ing horrendous. Good action doesn't make a good film. These movies are embarrassing to watch. And in terms of best action this summer, there's not a great deal of competition. Bay uses Sams character in this movie as a metaphorical version of himself after the backlash of the second movie and how no one likes him until the end and Bay hopes all is forgiven by hoping people will prefer this movie over ROTF. He has no subtlety whatsoever. And the references to Megan Fox are cheap and I'm not excusing how she acted but what Bay has done is pretty low.

horrendous in your opinion, not in mine and many others. Anyways keep on hating, it'll still make millions and millions to make your frustration grow larger :D

Story isn't the problem it's the execution that sucks. The annoying stupid characters. Also the editing is a mess. I've said it so many times I really like the first movie. It was relatively simple and not stuffed with unfunny jokes. If you laugh in these last two movies then i'm sorry but you are a child.

You're just a big ball of hate. :lol

At least I know the difference between a good film and a steaming pile of AIDs.

Because I was dragged to it. My other half didn't learn from the second film. Not a total loss as she paid. Spent about 15 pounds on petrol though :(. Think i'm done talking about it now. I just hope someone like J J Abrams reboots it and gives us a transfomers movie without all the juvenile crap.

Last edited:

Don't you understand? You have to turn off your brain to really enjoy these kind of films. REALLY turn off your brain. You have to practically become a vegetable (well, actually a McDonald's hamburger).

Also,
michael-bay-awesome.jpg

Meh. ^

Anyway, easily the best action of the entire year. That's what you were expecting...right? I mean, if you honestly expected a well crafted tale, with incredible developed characters...well...then, I dont know what to do for you.

Well I can honestly say there was none of that, so I guess it must have been great then?

My only beef with these films is megatron going from a all powerful evil leader from the first, to being a little punk who gets beat up so easily. I mean yea optimus is the hero but why tarnish megatron's character like that. Now I havent seen the 3rd movie yet but from what I heard megatron is no better in this movie either. Thats the only thing I hate about these movie's.
I dont know much about megatron since I didnt grow up with transformer's but i know enough to know that he could put up a fight and was the only decepticon to take on optimus.

Seen it tonight ..wow! ..the first half was such a drag and then when we finally got some action it went on for ages and that actually became boring, also there were some really stupid scenes in there that made no sense and a some really pointless characters, i'd rate it better then 2, but still pretty awful IMO.

Saw it today. Had low expectations, and I still felt disappointed. This could have so easily been a good movie. It's not a total cluster____ writeoff like ROTF was. It only needed a bit of work to really shine. But indeed, Bay was Bay.

Oh, and the robot screentime is nowhere near what people are saying. It's maybe a bit more then ROTF, if I were to guess, with the character moments between them and the added lines standing out. But it literally felt like half of their scenes was literally cut out of the movie.

There were some things I really enjoyed, but the rest was either incredibly meh or pissed me off. I'm starting to think that TF1 was just a fluke on Bay's behalf, and I am really glad that the twat is finally gone from the franchise.

Meh. ^

Anyway, easily the best action of the entire year. That's what you were expecting...right? I mean, if you honestly expected a well crafted tale, with incredible developed characters...well...then, I dont know what to do for you.

I was expecting good action and it still felt like a disappointment. The setup for the Chicago battles especially were rather meh.
Spoiler Spoiler:

My only beef with these films is megatron going from a all powerful evil leader from the first, to being a little punk who gets beat up so easily. I mean yea optimus is the hero but why tarnish megatron's character like that. Now I havent seen the 3rd movie yet but from what I heard megatron is no better in this movie either. Thats the only thing I hate about these movie's.
I dont know much about megatron since I didnt grow up with transformer's but i know enough to know that he could put up a fight and was the only decepticon to take on optimus.

?? I remember Megatron taking on Optimus. But he always had to cheat and when his plan didn't go his way, he will always retreat. That was his most memorable line in the series.. "Decepticons, retreat"

Know I must admit Megatron really held his own in the original animated movie but only to a point. When Optimus starting making a comeback, Megatron resorted into cheating once again by begging for his life. Then Hot Rod came out of nowhere and killed Optimus.

And that's another thing. How the hell did Optimus died from getting stabbed and shot from Megatron, but Ultra Magnus gets blown to bits by Galvatron and comes back to life with some Wrecker's jizz? They should of taken Optimus to the planet of junk, shoot some skeet on him and bring him back.......sorry, it just hit me.

Megatron? Easily worse then in ROTF.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The film was better than RotF, not the original though. Overall, the action was good, and that was about it. My peeves:
1.The story was a downer, even for a Transformers movie.
2.The stupid, inspirational rock music that played every time Sam or Carly was on Screen.
3.The fact that Rosie Whitely didn't have sluttier clothes, it was almost like Bay was saying "Look! See! I can respect women, too!" Whatever you say, but when she doesn't do much in the acting department, she should certainly make up for it in other departments.;)

There were some things I really enjoyed, but the rest was either incredibly meh or pissed me off. I'm starting to think that TF1 was just a fluke on Bay's behalf, and I am really glad that the twat is finally gone from the franchise.

I think TF1 benefited from Spielberg's influence, especially the parts with Bumblebee and Sam.

Bay has just never really seemed to care to make the robots individuals, or characters in their own right. Most of them are there for explosions or for fodder.

I remember the first one Optimus was just a punching bag for Megs, now he's so overpowered. This movie felt bascially like Optimus vs. the entire army of Decepticons.

Back