Toys you (regret/regret not) buying or still debate on buying

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regret not buying: -

HT Hicks - now they're going at silly prices
HT Celtic and Scar Preds

Regret Buying: -

Any Hasbro SW 12"
Applause Tie Fighter Pilot
SS Monkey Arms Jedi Luke
Starting to regret my SS ANH Leia

Regret not buying the Alien Warrior bust.

Regret buying the Giger Alien for $1,000 from Sideshow, when it's going for not even half that on the secondary market now.

Also regret buying pretty much the entire Star Wars SS 1/6 line, with a few exceptions.

Patient Zero!!!! :( I had him ordered but didn't follow through, not knowing if I wanted to take the plunge into The Dead Line. (money was hard to get back then) Kick myself ever Since!!!

OH YEAH... The McFarlane Matrix figures!!

WTF was I thinking?!?!

They're gone now, but I wish I had my money back.

too many

here's a small taster of what I had on order with sideshow but cancelled

Doctor Doom Exc PF
Red/Gold Ironman exc comiquette
x-men vs sentinel dio exc
gray hulk pf
classic spiderman pf (red/black)

basically if I hadn't cancelled I'd have every marvel grail piece

I regret buying the SW Mechno-Chair. Worthless hunk-o-plastic.
First the back legs wouldn't stay in place so I glued them, then the back foot bent under the wait over time and then when I go to pull Sidious off so I can attempt to fix the foot the whole base, wires and all come right out and pull apart. Piece of junk.

I regret:

Not getting a Hot toys pred 2 before the prices went up on ebay....

I regret buying:

An alien playset that is older and kinda beatl. The characters aren't painted and it's just not worth the 30 bucks I paid for it.

An original Ripley and various aliens from the original to line cause they are beat!

An original Pred from the original toy line cause it's....well....beat

Still debating:

On buying a 12 inch mars atacks martian with no articulation....I got it cause it was the best toy I could find for that movie....

Regret buying ... The entire Interactive Simpsons Collection. All of the figures and environments cost me a couple grand when all said and done. They are worthless now. I have no place to display them. and they are in boxes in my garage. I would trade back for my money in a heartbeat.:gun

Same here - although I loved them at the time and I bet if you had a room devoted to them it would be mega-cool!

Really guys? I have no regret buying these--in fact, they're one of my favorite sets of figures. I did end up selling the exclusive figs (Be Sharps, Pin Pals), but I think the set itself rulez--everyone talks, the 2D-3D rendering are great and I even if I decided to get rid of the environments, I think the figures are great alone on the shelf. Granted I never paid premium price for one and I b/c most of my set from an Ames in Kent, OH, but the WoS stuff would never be a regret for me. Crawford, back me up here!
DSC06753.jpg

I DO regret buying Spawn Series 3-17--worthless, unarticulated junk.
I do regret buying Star Wars stuff from 1995-Phantom Menace and I do regret buying any Toy Biz Marvel figures pre-Legends. Everything else I've been pretty happy with.

Regret not buying--check my sig. Even if I was one of the ones who got ripped off--at least it would have been a cool story/lawsuit.

And I would have regretted not buying any CRM Toys figure right off the bat--the $800+ price tags nowadays def prove that!

I regret waiting so long to get into the 1/6th game, I thank Pitu for getting me into it, and I've been lucky finding what I got. But I also regret turning my back on SS back when they're Twilight Zone figures came out, I'm looking for them now and its hard to find them for a reasonable price.

My biggest regret is not having bought is the Chaplin figure made by Rainman.
I followed one some years ago on eBay but could not place my bid as it I did not have Paypal (if the seller lived in Europe I would not have had that problem)
Been looking for one since then, but all hope is now gone.

I regret not getting the original SSC/Weta BALROG, and the WiKi crown. Those items I still like to own, but I'll never pay the going prices. I just refuse to do it, and I live with it.

I had the IM exclusive comiquette on order, and cancelled it. Never regretted that, cause I don't miss that piece in my collection, but if you see what the thing is going for these days, I had better not cancelled it...

regret:

HT power loader, good piece, just not $200+ worth.
mattel DCSH line, honestly, if I can actually find all of them, it wouldn't have been so bad. Anyone here want them? PM me. :D

no regret:

medi star wars, medi and tak jin roh, medi anime related figures, SS twilightzone figures.

debate:

HT TDK tumbler, batpod, batman/joker, Medi TDK batman/joker. SS indy, snake eyes.

debate:

HT TDK tumbler, batpod, batman/joker. snake eyes.[/QUOTE]

This is a must get...you'll probably regret it. Well thats just my opinion.

I regret buying the SW Mechno-Chair. Worthless hunk-o-plastic.
First the back legs wouldn't stay in place so I glued them, then the back foot bent under the wait over time and then when I go to pull Sidious off so I can attempt to fix the foot the whole base, wires and all come right out and pull apart. Piece of junk.

I sent mine back to Sideshow as soon as I saw it wouldn't stand up on its own. I was going to try glue, but even still it didn't look like it would be level, so back it went. Never was brave enough to try again after reading all the problems boardmembers had with this item.

Back