1/6 TOYS WORKS TW012 1/6 Guidance Action Figure (Trinity - Matrix)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They originally said end of 3rd quarter, which would be end of September. So there's still a bit of time. Although these third party figures usually just seem to show up out of the blue with no warning, so who knows.

I had it on my list as being 2nd quarter 2020, so a bit late haha. I like the Matrix 1 look more so really holding out for that release.

And sometimes they just never show. There are several Joker figures promised long ago that still haven't seen the light of day.

That is the gamble for me: do I secure a Trinity now that isn't my favorite look OR wait for the one I like that may not show (or be a real dog)...?

Adds excitement to the hobby. :lol

And sometimes they just never show. There are several Joker figures promised long ago that still haven't seen the light of day.

That is the gamble for me: do I secure a Trinity now that isn't my favorite look OR wait for the one I like that may not show (or be a real dog)...?

Adds excitement to the hobby. :lol

Now you got me nervous, Wor-Gar... :gah:

Should I pick this one up as insurance and sell if the Cyber one eventually releases?... :dunno

It's what I did, buy both ...... I can mix pieces of one and the other or sell the one I like the least. I like the clothes in Matrix 1 version more, although the body seems thinner, I don't know ...... also the glasses could be of better quality and not a grotesque opaque plastic.

I'm going to hold for the Cyber Killer.

I just don't see me using anything from this version other than perhaps it has the better head sculpt. So hard to know until you see all the options.

In any event, with Matrix 4 coming in the next couple years, it is possible that these all become placeholders.

Yeah looking at the Cyber Killer again, it does appear to be the slightly better looking figure and have the most potential. At least assuming they don't cheap out too much on the final product.

I'm just bummed that we're getting two Trinity figures, and neither one has either the short leather jacket she wears in the iconic opening scene, or the full bodysuit she wears during the freeway chase and most of Reloaded, which for me were probably her two most badass looks.

I agree. I also very much like that short jacket. Changes things up a bit from everyone having long coats.

That's why I'm thinking I might just display Trinity in the pants-tank look from the roof fight in Matrix. Other than the long coat from the foyer battle, that dodge-this moment is nearly as iconic.

I don't have high hopes for the Cyber Killer long coat though. Unless maybe I can install some wires in the collar to shape it. Even then, it looks a bit cheap being so smooth, thick and without creases.

But hey -- I much prefer having these problems than to having no problems at all because no figures at all.

Yeah I don't see that stiff coat being improved at all. Unfortunately the cut of the tank top around her shoulders isn't terribly accurate either, but I guess that might be easier to live with.

Its not? Shoot -- foiled again.

EDIT: Yeah, I see what you mean. I suppose I could unstitch and re-sew the shoulders tighter... but I think they did that to help cover the shoulder gap where the arm meets the torso, so the accuracy would be spoiled by joints.

Maybe the coat IS the better way to go. Hopefully that exposed midriff won't be the bigger problem.

Last edited:
So anyone want a free Trinity figure? Just kidding. :D For some reason I just received a second figure from TNS today (packed together with the Young Rich Spidey I had also ordered) after already getting the set on Monday. Not sure what got mixed up, but thankfully they only charged me for them once. And of course now I have to go through the trouble of shipping them back. Yay.

Well, I’m ecstatic. I think this figure looks incredible on the shelf. Only thing I really hate about it is the lack of leg and ankle articulation. Because of that I’m finding it difficult to get good action poses. I haven’t really futzed with it much yet though so here’s a few quick pics.

2D730999-699F-4B82-8245-970435A843ED.jpeg

C5AF038F-1A09-4EF3-82B3-A603808BA9F4.jpeg

0516846E-6040-4F3A-B7A8-E1D4BA31CC6A.jpg

Nice pics! And yeah it's not the easiest figure to find a pose for. The plastic boots seem like they might be soft enough to bend at the ankle, but they don't hold for very long. Thankfully the other Trinity figure has soft leather boots and appears to be much more posable.

I’ll probably get the other Trinity too and just keep the better one. I do like the look of this one though.

Great pics Coco. Really hope she looks as good in hand as in that last pic. ToysWorks Neo and Smith I really didn?t like and sold after giving them an in hand chance, but Morpheus is a keeper. Fingers crossed.

Back