1/6 TOYS WORKS TW012 1/6 Guidance Action Figure (Trinity - Matrix)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked him if he could still sell me some morpheus glasses and he said he didn't have any available but Trinity could study it. The thing is that I'm very interested in the morpheus ones, I was late to the list they made in this forum. Have you already received yours? A greeting.

He didn't put them up for order yet, so just keep tabs on the Morpheus thread for when he does.

IMG_3242_900x.png

Well I just received the figure today, and my initial impression... is that it looks decent enough, and about on par with their Morpheus. The super shiny outfit is the biggest highlight, and makes it easier to overlook the other issues (even if it's made of a material that looks like it will start deteriorating in a matter of weeks. Lol). And the pants were sitting pretty low out of the box for some reason, but after inching them up further they look a lot better.

The sculpt works much better in hand, and doesn't seem quite as old as in those ebay pics. And the sunglasses I got were thankfully not warped or deformed at all like I had seen in pics, so are actually kinda tolerable. At least from a distance.

The biggest issue I have is with the body, which is not only too pale but very cheap looking. Also the fact that the head sits way too far back on the neck, so that the chin barely juts out at all in profile. And then the legs which bow inward too much at the knees and then flare out at the bottom, and overall just look really weird. Although the long skirt does help to cover that up at least.

But a new body will definitely be a must for this figure.

Thanks for the review, davejames. Seems like a mixed bag but a good foundation for updating, especially at the price. I'm tempted to get it but I've already got the other Trinity pre-ordered. Don't need to double-dip.

Here's a few pics I just took. I gotta say, despite the many issues it's still pretty damn cool to finally have a Trinity figure to pose and display in the collection.

20200831_184214 (2).jpg

20200831_184323 (2).jpg

20200831_182405 (2).jpg

20200831_181354 (2).jpg

20200831_182642 (2).jpg

And here's a comparison with my other Matrix figs. Unfortunately she looks pretty small next to Neo, but I think that's probably more the fault of HT making his head so big. Displayed in front they seem to work a lot better together, assuming you can get past the fact her sculpt is lacking a lot of the fine detail and realism the others have (and also the fact she's from the wrong movie ;)).

20200831_190937 (3).jpg

20200831_191342 (2).jpg

OK, that is more in line with what I was thinking. Morpheus had good bones and the tie and glasses were an easy fix, otherwise I would never had purchased him.

I'm still holding out hope that the Matrix version of Trinity is worthwhile, the Cyber Killer. I know the coat looks terrible but I figure worse comes to worse I can display her without the long coat... in her -Dodge this- look.

EDIT: just saw the picture post... got to wait for them to be approved I guess, can't open them.

It is exciting after 20 years to finally see the three of them together in nice 1/6th format. Her oily slick attire really pops from the other two.

Seems like a candidate for a full body replacement... but going to be a beech to get those sleeves on. Like Furiosa's pants all over again.

As long as you're putting the outfit on something like a jointed Xing body, you should be okay. If you to put it on a seamless Phicen I think it would be much more likely to tear. But I don't think those bodies would really work for Trinity anyway.

I also have pre-ordered the two trinitys, toys works and cyber killer, I'll keep the best of the two. The other one I will sell cheap perhaps. Now I need three bases of Matrix, I would like with the floor of the shooting in the building or something similar.

I already ordered the cyber killer before I knew this one was available. Now I really want this instead. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back