Toys Wonderland shipping options

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi if you UK google ''section 75 time limit'' it will show ''no limit'' & links to a page that fully explains credit card refunds the chargebacks & section 75 & includes template letters etc . i used this to claim back around £4500 that was well outside 160 days ( which is from the promised delivery date not purchase date so always hassle the scammer because the more he promises ''next month'' keeps helping your date move backwards. another link here to info Problems with goods and services: section 75 and chargeback always use a credit card, take screenshots of the advert ,checkout screen & any seller emails you think its a nuisance but when you see a huge refund you realise its the best paid work you ever did . cheers ian.
will this affect your paypal because like sony if you do chargebacks they ban your psn acc.

Can't completely blame anyone who chose to buy from TW over the past few years. Even two years ago - maybe even less than two - there were plenty of collectors stepping up to defend TW because they never had a problem with the company. The verdict on TW's reliability was still pending. However, that defence has to come with some caution because TW did have many red flags. I was tempted many times, but always decided to side with caution and not surrender any of my money to TW. I think many collectors chose to take a blind fervent risk to get their treasured figures from some affordable source and TW was a good gamble. This was a growing new business that did seem to take interest in being a contender in this market and they did deliver... delivered when they had stock, and often sporadically when they could only promise to have stock. That sporadic scenario seems to have turned into their dominant situation.

But here we are today, with everything we know about TW to date and staring down the demise of this ambitious joke of a company. It's kind of clear that they bit off more than they could chew, tried to be the big new fish in a small pond, and ultimately just ate their own honey in that stream. In my area of Ontario Canada we had at least 3 local online collectible shops fall apart in the exact same way over the past couple of years, with tens of thousands of dollars swiped from collectors pockets. Didn't matter how many complaints were waged against the companies, didn't matter how many bad reviews were out there, didn't matter what their retail score was like, didn't matter how many collector-to-collector peer warnings and cautions were posted online, someone if not many still chose to throw their money at these risky shops and someone else still chose to defend their track record.

There really did seem to be a trend of massively failing businesses between 2021-2023. We can discuss all the socio-economic reasons, but it seems more a pattern of shops trying to mount a viable business using a strictly online model, during COVID no less, but without enough infrastructure backing to remain stable through one of the worst retail economic scenarios of recent history. In all cases these shops were generally fine with delivering in-stock merchandise, but horribly incapable of fulfilling preorders. A typical sad scenario of over-promising while under-delivering. Also, in all cases they were taking full payment upfront for preorders, which is always a bad idea. By the time these shops collapsed it was clear they were taking all those thousands of dollars of preorder money to fuel their business' operational expenses (and salaries) rather than use it to stock merchandise. (Note: High-end collectible profit margins are extremely low for retailers so the bulk of the MSRP we pay is going to straight to the acquisition of product, not the business' profit line. The shops make their money on volume and being able to move the merchandise.) There's no defence of TW here, but merely a glimpse of what seemed like a viable option for collectors at one time. Clearly, that time has passed.

hi, it was on ebay for multiple items from a scam seller group ,this thread names many of their accounts SCAM EBAY SELLERS!! Beware of these guys ( red_star2013 and sc store9999 )
Same. When I first started collecting, I bought from "REPUTABLE" ebay sellers from China. They never sent the items. I learned that Ebay, even though they had the power, would never honor pre-orders. I was just understanding ebay at the time.

Toys Wonderland I lost 3k or so....but through my bank NOT PAYPAL, I was able to recover a few hundred. Not enough but better than nothing. So perhaps it's closer to 2k.

I liked Wonderland because of their insallment plans. The money was similar to other sites when you factor shipping, but it was the fact I can pay over 12 months or so. I trusted them because of adverts on THIS site. CollectorsF screwed me a bit i feel...but as a man I MUST blame myself.

I tried Paypal and gave up as Paypal is honey. then someone here said try through you bank and the bank is trying to get my money back as best as they can...so far a few hundred. I went back with all my history and hoping the bank will recover more.

One of the strategies TW is doing is giving you hope. They keep CLAIMING your product is coming soon and what they are doing is making sure you can't get refunds. They are intentionally doing this. What a screwed up people they are to still continuing with the scam. they are STILL offereing new products to pre-order. I have 700 in store credit or so just burning. Nothing can be done. TW never shipped products I used credit on, even though they claimed they have in stock.

It hurts that I lost money like that honestly.

I lost my $250 preorder due to TW’s scam. Contacted my credit card company but they said it’s been too long and the system won’t allow them to file a claim. Lesson learned. At least it was only one preorder.

I lost my $250 preorder due to TW’s scam. Contacted my credit card company but they said it’s been too long and the system won’t allow them to file a claim. Lesson learned. At least it was only one preorder.
Hundreds hurt also.....yeah...

Now I know better. I am getting some back, but only a few hundred from them currently. I think in the end I may lose about 2k or so.

The thing is that is money down the drain and in case of bad days, I lost things I can sell.

I tried to order products in stock, but they never shipped with store credit, even though they claimed it was in stock.

I hope things happen to them in the worst way. People sacrifice to buy things, yes toys are a sacrifice of work hours and time, and to be left with nothing is painful.

In the end I blame myself.....it's still painful knowing what they did.

TW is still sending me notices about my partial payment has failed because I requested my bank stop making payments to them. TW actually emailed me about if they can do something on their end......

I just ignored their email because there was no point trying to talk to them. They will simply take 2 weeks to respond and pretend there was a mix-up or my item is coming "next" month. That's what they have been doing with me since July I think.

Hundreds hurt also.....yeah...

Now I know better. I am getting some back, but only a few hundred from them currently. I think in the end I may lose about 2k or so.

The thing is that is money down the drain and in case of bad days, I lost things I can sell.

I tried to order products in stock, but they never shipped with store credit, even though they claimed it was in stock.

I hope things happen to them in the worst way. People sacrifice to buy things, yes toys are a sacrifice of work hours and time, and to be left with nothing is painful.

In the end I blame myself.....it's still painful knowing what they did.

TW is still sending me notices about my partial payment has failed because I requested my bank stop making payments to them. TW actually emailed me about if they can do something on their end......

I just ignored their email because there was no point trying to talk to them. They will simply take 2 weeks to respond and pretend there was a mix-up or my item is coming "next" month. That's what they have been doing with me since July I think.
Man that sucks. TW screwed over so many people.

Not looking good as there's now an email from the local Hong Kong police I think saying they tried to send a letter to toys wonderland but it got bounced back indicating they left their office

I went looking for it...

418958533_10161401266225663_7768313927225245883_n.jpg

That copy was in this post:

Terenz Calangi

10 h ·

Oh would you look at that. They included my order numbers. Makes me think that they actually wrote it. Lol.

18954846_7209846769038835_7626694855383809094_n.jpg

Not looking good as there's now an email from the local Hong Kong police I think saying they tried to send a letter to toys wonderland but it got bounced back indicating they left their office
Could I ask where you seen that? Just so I can keep up to date on the topic.

I saw on Reddit earlier someone received the shipping options email for the Hot Toys Batman Deluxe, thought there was a glimmer of hope there.

Here we go again… Just saw this on Reddit (posted 20 hours ago). This might be a repost as I’m not that up to date up on TW shinanagins.

Edit: @ronnieb555 - This is the one that you were looking for right?

Double edit: @potato - Even though Hong Kong is owned by China since the handover back in 1998, there still are reports that China is still pushing their propaganda over the EX-British colony.

Last edited:
Double edit: @potato - Even though Hong Kong is owned by China since the handover back in 1998, there still are reports that China is still pushing their propaganda over the EX-British colony.
They sure are. The protests in 2018, sparked by the shady happenings and Chinese spook trial of the Hong Kong bookkeeper.

China has a more totalitarian approach to all foreign countries, especially those annexed by them like Macau and Hong Kong. Taiwan is probably next, with all fuss going on.

I don’t know what the situation in Hong Kong is like today from five or so years ago, but it seems like the government/puppet won the struggle. Read last week (or this?) about an activist applying for British asylum. I think it be good if the UK would give support to its former citizens.

I shopped with them for years and they were fine until about the end of 2021/start of 2022, then I started to experience problems with them.

I currently have open orders/pre-orders with them totaling about £2,800 (give or take for the currency exchange), they have "promised" that all of the orders that have released figures will be dispatched by the 16th January, but this is the 3rd or 4th date they have gave me in as many months promising that the items will be shipped.

I've already opened claims with PayPal for all orders that fell within the 180 days and been successful and have open claims with my credit card which so far have said at least half should be recoverable and they are checking the rest.

Having said all of that, they did ship my InArt Gandalf midway through December and he arrived 2 days after.
I'm not advocating for them and they won't get anymore business from myself, but I was very surprised to receive Gandalf that early or at all.

Just if anyone is curious;

Open and released orders:
HT Battle Droid
HT Cad Bane Deluxe
HT Amazing Spider-Man (Garfield)
HT Friendly Spider-Man (Tobey)
HT Batman (Pattinson)

Pre-orders:
InArt Aragorn
InArt Batman
HT Anakin EP2
HT Padme EP2
HT C-3PO
HT Mantis
HT Mace Windu
HT Super Battle Droids x2
Well it is the 16th and still no shipping labels or even replies from TW about the orders.

Still awaiting a reply from my credit card company but I managed to get some claims back through PayPal.

I shopped with them for years and they were fine until about the end of 2021/start of 2022, then I started to experience problems with them.

I currently have open orders/pre-orders with them totaling about £2,800 (give or take for the currency exchange), they have "promised" that all of the orders that have released figures will be dispatched by the 16th January, but this is the 3rd or 4th date they have gave me in as many months promising that the items will be shipped.

I've already opened claims with PayPal for all orders that fell within the 180 days and been successful and have open claims with my credit card which so far have said at least half should be recoverable and they are checking the rest.

Having said all of that, they did ship my InArt Gandalf midway through December and he arrived 2 days after.
I'm not advocating for them and they won't get anymore business from myself, but I was very surprised to receive Gandalf that early or at all.

Just if anyone is curious;

Open and released orders:
HT Battle Droid
HT Cad Bane Deluxe
HT Amazing Spider-Man (Garfield)
HT Friendly Spider-Man (Tobey)
HT Batman (Pattinson)

Pre-orders:
InArt Aragorn
InArt Batman
HT Anakin EP2
HT Padme EP2
HT C-3PO
HT Mantis
HT Mace Windu
HT Super Battle Droids x2
They have just replied to me and assured me.... 🤣 that all my open orders are packaged and are awaiting the shipping company to collect them which will be by next Friday... Not holding my breath but it is interesting that they are now claiming that they have the products now rather than waiting for them to arrive.

On top of that I thought I would check their website to see what they are saying is "in stock" on there and it looks like the website has been taken offline.
Is that the same for anyone else or is it just on my end?

**Edit** - May have just been on myside as the site is working again now, according to their site only the Battle Droid and Batman are "in stock" from my open orders list so lets see.

1705483104854.png

Last edited:
Back