Toys Legend Dark Knight Batman dioramas / Armory / Tech Desk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these in stock at figureproshop? The details states Pre Order. Just want to make sure. Thanks. :)

He may have some in stock. Took only two days for mine to ship out.

Sent from my HTC One

I got my two two days ago.

Fan-freakin-tastic. Top notch, all quality, right down to the packaging.

Minor inaccuracies aside, this thing rocks.

No pics because we've seen them already...besides, I don't want to taint this beauty with crappy ipad pics.

I got my two two days ago.

Fan-freakin-tastic. Top notch, all quality, right down to the packaging.

Minor inaccuracies aside, this thing rocks.

No pics because we've seen them already...besides, I don't want to taint this beauty with crappy ipad pics.

Why would you say its inaccurate?

Would you say that its HT quality?

Well I decided to put in an order for this through Toystrike. I figured if I didn't I'd regret not later. It'll be a nice piece to go with my other Nolan Batman stuff so I'm stoked about it.

Well, I haven't really studied the actual armory from the film, but right off the bat, the doors aren't supposed to close all the way. There's a significant vertical slot as the doors aren't suppose to touch. The 1/6 version, the doors, when closed, do touch.

BUT you can kind of fake it. You don't necessarily have to close the doors all the way and simulate what's seen in the film. Granted, that would mean the doors wouldn't be swiveled completely, making the outer lining of the doors not lined up with the top and bottom portions of the armory... but from a straight shot its minor and unnoticeable, unless you're looking for it of course.

And the lights aren't symmetrical.

HOWEVER, these are just nitpicks and in no way affect my enjoyment of this product.

The quality itself? Well, I'd imagine it this way, so allow myself to break it down for you bud.

The HTs of old (y'know, back then when they were your buddy and charged you reasonable prices and gave you a crapload of extras), would've given us this exact version of the armory...save for the inaccuracies. That should give you an idea of the build quality.

The HTs of now? Since HT are die cast crazy now, they'd make 70% of the armory die cast, I.e. all the doors, not just the fence. whereas this particular version, only the fence is metallic. Then HT would throw in a couple of stickers to justify the $700 price tag.

Make no mistake. The build for TLs version is great. its sturdy, has some good weight to it and it doesn't feel like it'll fall apart after two and a half sessions of play. Seriously, the packaging is awesome. The extras it comes with rock. they could've just released the armory itself and called it a day. but they went even further and gave us batmans toys, even toys he never used. and the cardboard packaging it came wrapped in opens up to reveal his second base of operations. You can really tell and feel that this was a labor of love. Oh and yeah, it comes with the suit. im not a fan of that extra. its nice they included it, but you really can't pose it like in the movies is Since it's really stiff. So ill just stick with the dx12 suit.

so it all comes down to you. if those two inaccuracies bother you enough, then I suggest you wait for HTs to get around to it.

Hope that helped.

I want to add one more thing.

HTs would have to kill it in the extras department if they want my money should they decide to ever make an armory. And by extras i mean it NEEDS to come with an all new Bruce Wayne and not rehash the dx12 BW head sculpt (don't get me wrong, I love that BW sculpt, but I want variety similar to their tony stark<s>), and it has to come with a bat suit. I don't care if the doors are all die cast. I.WANT.EXTRAS.

Hope that further explains my thoughts on toys legend armory.

HTs would have to come with BW I agree but in a Kato suit! that will make up for it

Shells, you going to video it when you get it?

Yeah probably, cant wait to pose it with my Batman good guys collection.

DSCF1109_zpsd022d049.jpg

Lol I might have to ask some to move shelves, :lol
No the sticky bomb is held on by magnets, because its magnetitic dont you know. :wink1:

I dont mind the crowded shelf look, tbh its the only way I can fit my stuff in, bit tight for space at the mo.

Lol I might have to ask some to move shelves, :lol
No the sticky bomb is held on by magnets, because its magnetitic dont you know. :wink1:

I dont mind the crowded shelf look, tbh its the only way I can fit my stuff in, bit tight for space at the mo.

Lol yeah i knows its magnetic just curious as to why its floating there :rotfl:rotfl.

Im not a fan of the crowded look, but then again i have a decent amount of space in my room with the ability to have 10 detolfs if i chose. Everyone's display is there own, if you like its all that matters then :hi5:.

looking forward to getting this in though will be an awesome looking shelf with BW and the armory.

Well, I haven't really studied the actual armory from the film, but right off the bat, the doors aren't supposed to close all the way. There's a significant vertical slot as the doors aren't suppose to touch. The 1/6 version, the doors, when closed, do touch.

BUT you can kind of fake it. You don't necessarily have to close the doors all the way and simulate what's seen in the film. Granted, that would mean the doors wouldn't be swiveled completely, making the outer lining of the doors not lined up with the top and bottom portions of the armory... but from a straight shot its minor and unnoticeable, unless you're looking for it of course.

And the lights aren't symmetrical.

HOWEVER, these are just nitpicks and in no way affect my enjoyment of this product.

The quality itself? Well, I'd imagine it this way, so allow myself to break it down for you bud.

The HTs of old (y'know, back then when they were your buddy and charged you reasonable prices and gave you a crapload of extras), would've given us this exact version of the armory...save for the inaccuracies. That should give you an idea of the build quality.

The HTs of now? Since HT are die cast crazy now, they'd make 70% of the armory die cast, I.e. all the doors, not just the fence. whereas this particular version, only the fence is metallic. Then HT would throw in a couple of stickers to justify the $700 price tag.

Make no mistake. The build for TLs version is great. its sturdy, has some good weight to it and it doesn't feel like it'll fall apart after two and a half sessions of play. Seriously, the packaging is awesome. The extras it comes with rock. they could've just released the armory itself and called it a day. but they went even further and gave us batmans toys, even toys he never used. and the cardboard packaging it came wrapped in opens up to reveal his second base of operations. You can really tell and feel that this was a labor of love. Oh and yeah, it comes with the suit. im not a fan of that extra. its nice they included it, but you really can't pose it like in the movies is Since it's really stiff. So ill just stick with the dx12 suit.

so it all comes down to you. if those two inaccuracies bother you enough, then I suggest you wait for HTs to get around to it.

Hope that helped.

Sounds pretty good, but not sure if its $260 good?:panic:

The 2 inaccuracies are the way the door closes and the light placements right? I'd open it to display with Wayne and most likely wont turn on the lights that much. The batsuit isnt a problem for me since I could always use my spare DX12.

Back