TOYs ERA - The Fiend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a lawyer, but don't companies have to make some attempt to protect their IP even if they do not currently have plans to produce something? Otherwise doesn't the law look at it like they had their chance when future instances of IP issues come up?

How have the previous production numbers of Toys Era figures been? Have they been available after they hit the market without pre-ordering?

There's no way around IP infringements but keep in mind most of these companies are in China which complicates things. You can start an international lawsuit but at the end. These unlicensed companies can just ignore or shut down and open a "Toys New Era" and keep doing what they do. That's why it's hard to shut them down. Unless they are grabbing a lot of attention and license holders decide to shut them down for good. It happend with ACE toys. For a while their Unlicensed Power Rangers figures caught attention of Bandai or TOEI so some websites took down the preorders for a while.

Some of the shots make the figure look a little off, suit comes across as more plastic and cloth material, rather than sharp, rubbery, and shiny, which is what it looked like in the actual movie. The lack of shine and sharpness gives a hollow appearance in the posed pictures. But it does look decent, and atleast such a figure exists now. Can't imagine anyone not wanting the glider, odd that it's a deluxe accessory, it's essential to the character.

I thought the same thing about the regular vs the deluxe. Would anyone really want to buy him without the glider to save a few bucks?

Maybe someone out there just wants a museum-posed Goblin without a Glider to conserve space? but the standard release also allows people to pick up an extra to body to create a battle damaged version or use that armour to make some other custom. I guess it’s worth offering the option.

Perhaps the standard version is for someone who wants to recreate this scene? :D

6999549-7342230613-spide.jpg

I've always been a fan of this Green Goblin costume design since it's quite menacing and sharp-looking, but I also think that it looks a tad silly, if not complete the glider. Maybe that's because of how stiff Dafoe looked in the final battle and in general, whereas he was so smooth and flexible whenever on the glider.

Why would any military-industrial complex design an armored suit as silly looking as Green Goblin? It was just so overdesigned by the filmmakers. I enjoyed Dafoe -- they could have left him without the mask the whole time since he has a better Goblin face than that mask does.

Why would any military-industrial complex design an armored suit as silly looking as Green Goblin? It was just so overdesigned by the filmmakers. I enjoyed Dafoe -- they could have left him without the mask the whole time since he has a better Goblin face than that mask does.

:rotfl

:clap

Ha yeah the explanation for the suit was always pretty ridiculous. Although I will say the costume design fits the style and tone of Raimi's movie perfectly, much better than the rags he wears in the comics or some more horror-themed version the fans may have preferred.

The original suit design was miles better than what they originally did. He had yellow eyes, and a moving mouth and looked like the comic. They said it was to scary but left in all the jump scares and dudes being turned into skeletons.

The same reason why the New York Port Authority and Zoning Commission saw nothing wrong in the sequel with Oscorp conducting an open-air fusion reaction experiment on the 2nd story of a wooden loft in downtown Manhattan. Back in those days as long as you had a vaguely techy explanation for something it made the whole thing "realistic".

Am i the only one who thinks they missed a trick with the name? It should have been called "Da Foe" :wink1:

Ill get my coat :D

First I’ve Seen of this. Had no idea a Goblin figure was coming.

Looks good. Any reason for why the mouth is showing? Wish it was covered. That’s the only thing that bugs me.

Back