TOYs ERA - The Fiend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to admit - this strangely looks better than it did in the actual movie. Still, I think I'll continue with my more comic accurate Custom currently in production and probably not purchase this.

I think we're seeing Toys Era (and SooSoo) running out of figures to make with the movie slowdown so they've expanded to older movies. What's next I wonder...

Which I find hilarious because they completely rip-off everything....except the name....so you can only pursue litigation if 100% of property is used...?

Defending intellectual property in China is next to impossible. If customs checked the packages that were shipped from these China-based sellers, they would be able to confiscate the product, but that’s about it.

Just placed my order for the Deluxe. It's definitely not cheap, but $228 shipped is still pretty good in the end for what appears to be a HT-quality figure. Especially when it includes that huge detailed glider as well.

Although looks like we're on our own when it comes to finding a flight stand to display it on.

Maybe they’ll surprise us and add a flight stand to it. Regardless I’ll be making some display stands for this and Doc Ock with some nice plaques. Hopefully it won’t be too difficult to design a good support for that glider.

I'll probably just pick up an extra one of those larger dynamic stands (like on Falcon), then look to fashion something to attach to the waist grabber that will support the glider. Heck, depending on how securely his feet attach to the glider we may only need to use the waist grabber on him. Or a combination of the waist grabber and adding zip ties to secure his feet to the stirrups (painted to match)?

122542356_4581362155271718_3873569542253912987_n.jpg

Ordered the Deluxe from GianToy since folks seem to be happy with them. This should really pop on display, although for that price the glider should have a light-up feature. I remember passing on the original Raimi Spider-Man figure because it never looked quite right to me. Once Doc Ock and GG show up, however, I may have to bite the bullet and pick it up in the secondary. Although I wouldn't be surprised if TE ended up producing one. Maybe if Tobey Maguire reprises his role in Spider-man 3, HT will release a new and improved version.

Last edited:
Never heard of GianToy before now. Take it they are good and reliable?

They're as good and reliable as they can be, I have yet to have an issue w/ any of the main sites like them, One Sixth Kit, or TNS. When one of these 3P figures goes up I kind of spin a wheel and pick lol.

It looks and is priced equally fantastic.

I don't need this but dang, I do want it...

Agree about its looks, though is it priced fantastic? Without getting into any philosophical discussion about lack of license, shouldn't it be priced low compared to a Hot Toy based on them not paying license fees? And based on them not being "Hot Toys". Anyone have any idea what a license fee per figure would cost if it was licensed? I know nothing about Toys Era, just wondering, and I am probably getting it.

Back