Total Recall (Arnold Schwarzenegger autobiography)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ why do you feel the need to quote definitions from the dictionary in your arguments? That is not a charismatic trait!

lol, I was never trying to argue that I was charismatic.
I quoted the dictionary to make the point that my statements about Arnold WEREN'T what nam said as quickly and decisively as possible without any back and forth of I think this word means that, and so forth.

I am neither lowbrow, and I don't need to know him when his opinions and behavior is so widely known. It isn't as though there is a misunderstanding of his nature.
It isn't bashing, either.
"Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, prejudicial attack on a person, group or subject."
It is not harsh, gratuitous,or prejudicial.
"prej·u·di·cial (prj-dshl)
adj.
1. Detrimental; injurious.
2. Causing or tending to preconceived judgment or convictions:"
My assessment of him is based entirely upon his own conduct, and not upon any preconceived ideas. In fact, I always used to really look up to him. I still think he is a really neat guy in many ways, but I cannot ignore the pattern of behavior he has demonstrated toward women for decades.

"gratuitous-given, done, bestowed, or obtained without charge or payment; free; voluntary.
being without apparent reason, cause, or justification: "

It is not without cause.
It isn't harsh. It is the truth. I said he wasn't the MOST charismatic person in the world. That is hardly an insult.
I said he was very charismatic.
He also is talented. I never said he wasn't. I just said there were some other people more talented.

As for the things I said about him being a misogynist, that is hardly out of line, considering the statements he has made about women's place.
He didcheat on his wife, and have a child with the maid. That is clearly disloyalty and indicates untrustworthiness, unless you think you can trust such a person, in which case I think you are too trusting.
You don't strike me as a very trusting person, though...

If there are any statements I made that you think unfair about him in any of my above posts, please tell me which of them and why.

You think being able to quote irrelevant text from other websites and include it in your post proves you're not lowbrow? :lol Your opinions and assumptions on this very board not only prove your blatant ignorance on most things, but label you as considerably more egotistical than the man you're accusing of being so. Arnie's **** might stink, but he's human just like everybody else's. The stench of yours, however, would make even a maggot ill.

You think being able to quote irrelevant text from other websites and include it in your post proves you're not lowbrow? :lol Your opinions and assumptions on this very board not only prove your blatant ignorance on most things, but label you as considerably more egotistical than the man you're accusing of being so. Arnie's **** might stink, but he's human just like everybody else's. The stench of yours, however, would make even a maggot ill.

Whether I quote text from other websites is neither here nor there as far as being lowbrow or not. Definitions of words used in the discussion is not irrelevant. It is essential that meanings of words be agreed upon, otherwise it's like we are all saying Malkovich, and expecting everyone to know what we are talking about.

Apparently you are unable to find any inaccuracies in what I said about Arnold, so now you resort to a red herring in the form of a personal attack on me. I am very disappointed.

However, I will address it this much to say that I am not as egotistical as Arnold. Few human beings are. Few famous people are.

How many other people have an ego big enough to believe they are entitled to cheat on their wives and then say with a straight face that his family is the most important thing in the world to him? It is an insult to all men who are devoted to their families enough to actually make the effort to do what is necessary to be family men, and to have integrity in terms of how they treat their wives.

Been watching alot of Arnolds Interviews over the past few days, ill def be picking up this book, hopefully i can find it at a good price.

Arnold kind of fell of the scene the past fews years but i cant forget growing up, this guy was the man. Hes been in pretty much all of my favorite movies, Hes smart, funny, and an all around great entertainer. When i was a kid this guy was my hero! HES THE LAST ACTION HERO!!! :yess:

Hes deff made some mistakes, and some dumb moves but we all have, were all human, he seems to be trying to make some things right. I wish the best for arnie, and i cant wait to see some more of his movies hopefully in the future. He truely is an american success story, and he still loves america more than ever, thats somthing that will always be special about him.

So Mr. Ignorant, you're implying that out of the billions of men on this planet, only Arnold has cheated on his wife while still loving his family?

Any man who cheats on his wife does not really love his wife. If he did, he would care enough for her to care enough for her feelings and to respect her enough not to. Any man who says he cheats on his wife and claims to love her is either paying lip service to the idea of loving her, or doesn't know what love is.
Infidelity tears a family apart, and no man who loves his family will do anything intentionally to do that. If he cheated on his wife while sleepwalking, if it is possible, he could be forgiven, or at least still consciously want to respect his family.

By saying he loves his family, he is lying to make himself look not so bad. You don't make jokes about "eatin ain't cheatin'" if you really respect your wife.
He is only sorry because he got caught. He really is only sorry he got caught. He is big and strong and knows how to fight, as if that makes him a real man. A REAL man keeps his word, doesn't break his oaths, and doesn't betray his family by cheating. A lot of men can have sex with a lot of women, but it takes a REAL man to be a good husband.
Philandering men, and especially cheating husbands are no better than animals. They aren't real men. They are hardly even civilized.

The attitude that some men like this have is like this one guy who called this radio talk show and said that Tommy Lee would make a great father just because he has a big (male genitalia)The guy was serious, too... The female radio hosts disagreed and were mystified at how anyone could be so ignorant

If he really had feelings strong enough to make him feel bad about this and never get caught, he would never have cheated in the first place.

Any man who cheats on his wife does not really love his wife. If he did, he would care enough for her to care enough for her feelings and to respect her enough not to. Any man who says he cheats on his wife and claims to love her is either paying lip service to the idea of loving her, or doesn't know what love is.
Infidelity tears a family apart, and no man who loves his family will do anything intentionally to do that. If he cheated on his wife while sleepwalking, if it is possible, he could be forgiven, or at least still consciously want to respect his family.

By saying he loves his family, he is lying to make himself look not so bad. You don't make jokes about "eatin ain't cheatin'" if you really respect your wife.
He is only sorry because he got caught. He really is only sorry he got caught. He is big and strong and knows how to fight, as if that makes him a real man. A REAL man keeps his word, doesn't break his oaths, and doesn't betray his family by cheating. A lot of men can have sex with a lot of women, but it takes a REAL man to be a good husband.
Philandering men, and especially cheating husbands are no better than animals. They aren't real men. They are hardly even civilized.

The attitude that some men like this have is like this one guy who called this radio talk show and said that Tommy Lee would make a great father just because he has a big (male genitalia)The guy was serious, too... The female radio hosts disagreed and were mystified at how anyone could be so ignorant

If he really had feelings strong enough to make him feel bad about this and never get caught, he would never have cheated in the first place.

Are you married? Do you have children?

any take on arnies nazi sympathies and how he put these aside to work in the nest of zion lolz

There will never be another person that oozes so much charisma as Arnold.

Others may be able to match his charisma, but no one has the combination of charisma and stature. Arnold was an alpha male, the ULTIMATE man's man...no one can or will ever take that away from him.

Errol Flynn
There are other people just as charismatic as Arnold, just not as egotistical, which isn't the same thing.
Samuel L Jackson
Catherine Zeta Jones
Cary Grant
Jack Nicholson
Salvador Dali

That's just a really short list
All at least as charismatic as Arnold, if not more so.
Arnold might be the most famous most charismatic body builder, though.

:rotfl
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1gu1mXVxs[/ame]
:rotfl

None of them are even close.

People can give us every example and every wkipedia article possible supporting their claim, but no one will ever take away who Arnold was and what he brought to the table as an entertainer. He broke the mold.

:lol I'm guessing "single and live with mom" as well. Just more ignorance being barfed out from the fingers of a clueless troll.

Nope, don't live with mom. Have my own house. Can I infer that the stresses of being married with children understandably drive men to cheat on their wives because you know someone who has? Perhaps YOU cheated on your wife.
Maybe you have something to be defensive about.
Also, I don't control C. I highlight and select copy, then paste where I want.
As someone else mentioned, yes, I've heard he likes the Nazis too. I heard his father was a Nazi, one of the Brown Shirts.
https://www.firetown.com/blog/2010/11/29/arnold-schwarzeneggers-father-was-a-nazi/

any take on arnies nazi sympathies and how he put these aside to work in the nest of zion lolz

Ctrl C & Ctrl V :

"Schwarzenegger has proclaimed his disgust for Nazism, raised money for education about the Holocaust, traveled to Israel (where he met with then-Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin), and given generously to the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles, which in 1997 bestowed on him its National Leadership Award. "He wants no truck with … Waldheim," the Wiesenthal Center's Rabbi Marvin Hier told the Jerusalem Post. "He probably did not have any clue as to the seriousness of the allegations against Waldheim at that time [i.e., 1986]. To suggest that Arnold's an anti-Semite is preposterous. He's done more to further the cause of Holocaust awareness than almost any other Hollywood star."

Nope, don't live with mom. Have my own house. Can I infer that the stresses of being married with children understandably drive men to cheat on their wives because you know someone who has? Perhaps YOU cheated on your wife.
Maybe you have something to be defensive about.
Also, I don't control C. I highlight and select copy, then paste where I want.
As someone else mentioned, yes, I've heard he likes the Nazis too. I heard his father was a Nazi, one of the Brown Shirts.
https://www.firetown.com/blog/2010/11/29/arnold-schwarzeneggers-father-was-a-nazi/

So you're still ignorant then, having no wife or kids. While I've never cheated on my wife (I'd leave her if I wanted someone else), I couldn't fathom being a judgmental ********* and condemning a man not having walked in his shoes. You know **** about his situation as you've never even been in a similar one and are 100% clueless as to what marriage and having children is like. Just more proof of how blatantly ignorant you are.

So you're still ignorant then, having no wife or kids. While I've never cheated on my wife (I'd leave her if I wanted someone else), I couldn't fathom being a judgmental ********* and condemning a man not having walked in his shoes. You know **** about his situation as you've never even been in a similar one and are 100% clueless as to what marriage and having children is like. Just more proof of how blatantly ignorant you are.

There is no excuse for infidelity. Nether my father, nor none of his friends have ever cheated on their wives. I don't personally know anyone who has. I don't associate with such scum. None of my friends have or would cheat on their wives, either, because they aren't those kind of people.
Arnold Schwarzenegger's shoes: Hmm, a guy was extremely self indulgent and promiscuous when young, because he thought he was entitled to do so, because he is an unrestrained hedonist.

Then, he becomes a popular film star and becomes extremely rich. Then he marries a Kennedy to feed his huge ego, because he thinks he deserves the adoration, even though he has no intention of being faithful. He does this to help himself into politics, because, once again, he has a huge ego, and wants the power and to be able to bask in more limelight. He has a child with his housekeeper, in addition to probably cheating with other women as well. Oh, what a tough life he has had. SUCH hardship. Boy, I feel SO sorry for him.

He just can't stand to be a normal decent person, perhaps because he thinks it mediocre, and feels the normal rules of human decency and ethics do not apply to him, because he is so above all that.
He is a power hungry, ego maniacal, self indulgent, hedonistic womanizer. What do you think has driven him to success all this time?? To be abetter person? No. To feed and nurture his astronomical ego.

There is no excuse for infidelity. Nether my father, nor none of his friends have ever cheated on their wives. I don't personally know anyone who has. I don't associate with such scum. None of my friends have or would cheat on their wives, either, because they aren't those kind of people.
Arnold Schwarzenegger's shoes: Hmm, a guy was extremely self indulgent and promiscuous when young, because he thought he was entitled to do so, because he is an unrestrained hedonist.

Then, he becomes a popular film star and becomes extremely rich. Then he marries a Kennedy to feed his huge ego, because he thinks he deserves the adoration, even though he has no intention of being faithful. He does this to help himself into politics, because, once again, he has a huge ego, and wants the power and to be able to bask in more limelight. He has a child with his housekeeper, in addition to probably cheating with other women as well. Oh, what a tough life he has had. SUCH hardship. Boy, I feel SO sorry for him.

He just can't stand to be a normal decent person, perhaps because he thinks it mediocre, and feels the normal rules of human decency and ethics do not apply to him, because he is so above all that.
He is a power hungry, ego maniacal, self indulgent, hedonistic womanizer. What do you think has driven him to success all this time?? To be abetter person? No. To feed and nurture his astronomical ego.

You have a crystal ball to peek into their lives? Don't talk like a complete idiot.

You have a crystal ball to peek into their lives? Don't talk like a complete idiot.

I know them well enough to know. I only associate with people nice enough to never even consider such a thing, not just people nice enough to not want to or prefer not to or to intend not to. I'm talking about people who are utterly repulsed by such an idea. Perhaps you don't know anyone like that. I assure you that the circle of people i associate with are indeed as ethical as I say. I know OF people who have or would, though.

The more you post, the more you look like nothing short of an ignorant, judgmental troll. The proof of you being lowbrow is that you can't see it, despite everybody calling you on your ignorance, time and again.

The more you post, the more you look like nothing short of an ignorant, judgmental troll. The proof of you being lowbrow is that you can't see it, despite everybody calling you on your ignorance, time and again.

"Lowbrow, relating to, or suitable for a person with little taste or intellectual interest" from Wikipedia. I most certainly am not. If anything, excusing unethical behavior like infidelity is lowbrow. I am not ignorant. I judge based upon what is publicly known. Judgmental? You bet. You got ONE right. Of course I am not the only judgmental person here. You are just as judgmental as I , if not more, only differently.

It seems like the pot is calling the kettle black, here. You, of course, are the pot. I think that most people here who have read enough of your posts would agree that you are an extremely judgmental person, but that isn't really the topic here. Once again, you serve up another red herring.

Back