Toronto Fan Expo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fe1h.jpg

fe3f.jpg

Yeah she was a hotty
fe2n.jpg

Yes Aliens text and smoke as well
fe8y.jpg

fe9u.jpg

feapx.jpg

febz.jpg

febz.jpg

fec.jpg

fedn.jpg

well lots of dealers there but since I am not into SS myself I did not pay much attention to it. Silversnail was there too and I decided not to pick up anything as the prices were quite typical and I rather take my chance with the midnight sale ;)
:borg:

This was my fourth year in a row going for the entire weekend, Fri-Su. VIP pass.

I am really getting fed up with the organizers of this event. They have zero respect for the ppl who attend. Staff who try to intimidate attendees and tell them what to do and treat everyone like children(yeah, try that with me!). I wonder what the organizers tell staff and security?

The "food court" this year had NO tables or chairs, people were eating their crappy hot dogs and pizza on the floor. WTF?

A guy I was standing in line with Sunday morning who supposedly went to conventions professionally but attended this one for himself had overheard one of the Space Channel hostesses as making fun of the attending fans and talking down about them. He was pissed off and angry he didn't have his camera with him to video record what she was saying. I don't have cable anymore by choice so I don't know these TV "personalities".

People on Saturday were waiting 3 hrs to get in. Sunday seemed just as bad. These were people who already had their weekend pass, not waiting to buy one. The event was completely oversold and people who paid $65 (I paid $95 for the VIP pass) couldn't get in!! The area was filled to capacity and they wouldn't let more ppl in.

The VIP pass gives you a separate entrance. I had to wait 30 mins to get in, last year there was no wait which is one of the main reasons to get a VIP pass which has a limited number sold. By the time I got in at 11am on Sunday, the line up behind me was three times as long! Who knows how long it took them to get in!

They had panels for example Sunday 11am through to 6pm and then the whole thing closed at 6pm. I think a lot of ppl would have wanted to go back to the merchant area to SPEND MONEY but I for example had to make a choice, left my last panel early at 5.30pm and had 20 mins to power browse, when they closed at 6pm. This is a disservice to the merchants as well.

Oh and then there was a separate line-up to get into the merchant area! So sometimes you had to wait in line to get into that one too because again, they'd hold ppl back due to capacity!

This is utter bull____! So frackin' poorly organized. Feels like utter contempt for the fans who come to this thing.

On a positive note, Peter Mayhew and Lance Henriksen were SO nice.

There were decent guests invited in their respective fields and I was sad to miss out on several panels because I am interested in Sci-Fi, Comics, Horror and Gaming (zero interest in Anime) and often there would be three things going on at the same time that I would have wanted to attend and had to choose.

Oh and do I have a William Shatner story to tell... where best to post that?

Beren

Last edited:
Well this is as good of a place to post it or if you like a new post be fine too ;) Just pour it out
As for FanExpo the experience it was not the greatest but I guess lining up for the iPhone4 hardened me so I wasn't too concerned. The show for me as an almost exclusive HT collector and long time customer of Toys2 I almost had nothing worth buying (so I didn't). It was still interesting to see all the celebs and ppl who dressed up but honestly nothing much different from lat year so I will likely choose to skip this from now on.
:borg:

I was in T.O working on a record this week and tried to make it down on friday but the lines were ridiculous! which is too bad cause the line up was off the chart, im sure it was a great show.

I knew the lines would be hell, they were last time i went.

I doubt i will ever go back to FanExpo unless they move it to a larger venue outside the city.

I'd rather just stick to this show -->https://www.80stoyexpo.com/ though i never made it out this year, next year for sure.

oh post it next year when you know about it cause I am sure ready for a change ;)

I feel the exact same way as Beren. On the positive side I did manage to pick up 5 SS Bond figures for $20 each and I'm very impressed with the quality, the pictures onthe net really don't do them justice.

Oh and this is the fifth time I went and this was by far the worst.

Not bad pick up Solo, which Bond figures did you end up getting?..i assume you bought them from Silver Snail's booth?.

i picked up my SSC Michael Myers figure at the show i posted in my previous post a few years back for $15 MIB.

you guys did not go to the Silver Snail midnight madness sale? I am not sure but based on the recorded message on their phone line it might still going on?

I saw tons of hot toys stuff.. including a 600$ BD ed209 on friday. Just what I want to lug around for the remainder of the show.

It was an awful experience for me. Ive been to the event several times since its inception and this was the worst.

Hardly any freebies beyond a paper facehugger and some buttons from the DC booth I already got back in 2004. By the time I got into the building (to be greeted by another line to actually buy the ticket) I was already pretty spent from waiting out in the sun.

Highlights are slim: the 200+ plus girl dressed as slave leia, the girl dressed as tom baker doctor who... and seeing everyone eating pizza pizza on the floor.

I saw a girl dressed as a smurf.. by the time she got inside all of her blue paint had oozed off from her sweat.

They must have made a killing in the $ department though. Zellers selling dvds and games for 10% off at their special booth was also pretty funny.

I went by with the girlfriend. We just took photos of peoples costumes in line. Really neat stuff. The lineups were crap, all the way around the building. Apparently the fire marshal had people exit the building due to over capacity. I really felt bad for the young kids waiting in line all day. I talked to one guy who had picked up a hulk PF for $900 CAD so I can't imagine the deals being all that great. Considering that 99% of this hobby is through mail for me, either then the costumes, I could do without these sort of events.

Anyways, after taking a few pics of the BTTF Delorean, I headed over to the Steamwhistle brewery and got a tour, bottle opener and 2 cold beers for $10. Plus I got to pull a real steamwhistle!
Will post pics of the show, when I get them from the girlfriend.

I didn't go, lack of celebs, and the line was WAY too crazy.

So i enjoyed a nice day at the beach with my girlfriend with some cold ones and a sea doo.

You guys lined up?.................And paid!?:ohbfrank:

The people I'm supposed to go with bailed out on me.:mad: I went with kids I used to babysit instead. Little hellions made a game called "Spot a wild Snorlax"......yup!......never again.

Yeah, I don't know why they moved the event to the north side of the building....and there was a baseball game on Saturday! Idjits!:cuckoo:

Back