Toronto Fan Expo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else is going to the Toronto Fan Expo this weekend? For those of you who don't know its sort of a mini-comicon up here in Canada that seems to be growing each year. This year Stan Lee and William Shatner are attending, among other guests.

I just wanted to open this thread to get some chatter going about it. What's everyone lookin forward to? Any items you're looking for? etc. etc. etc.

I'm going. I'm not sure what I'm most excited about most (probably the chance to get Summer Glau's autograph:yess:)

I was there last year and I spent too much time checking out all the prices on a particular item, by the time I was ready to buy the following day, they had all been sold out at each dealer :()

It'll also be nice to check out some of dealers I buy from online since Toy Square and a few others will be there.

I'm going. I'm not sure what I'm most excited about most (probably the chance to get Summer Glau's autograph:yess:)

I was there last year and I spent too much time checking out all the prices on a particular item, by the time I was ready to buy the following day, they had all been sold out at each dealer :()

It'll be nice to check out some of dealers I buy from online since Toy Square and a few others will be there.

Summer Glau is definitely a bonus lol. On a non-hot related note, but just as awesome, I think it would be cool to get Leslie Nielson's autograph. He was a late addition to the bill, but a great one IMO.

I was there last year as well but wasn't really looking at statues (I'm new to the game). What do you think my chances are of finding a Donatello Exclusive?

Summer Glau is definitely a bonus lol. On a non-hot related note, but just as awesome, I think it would be cool to get Leslie Nielson's autograph. He was a late addition to the bill, but a great one IMO.
That would be pretty sweet too.
I was there last year as well but wasn't really looking at statues (I'm new to the game). What do you think my chances are of finding a Donatello Exclusive?

I wasn't really into any of this stuff when I was last there either. I do remember seeing quite a few statues at various dealers, but nothing specific in terms of prices or selection.

That would be pretty sweet too.

I wasn't really into any of this stuff when I was last there either. I do remember seeing quite a few statues at various dealers, but nothing specific in terms of prices or selection.

Anything you're looking for this year? What was the item you were looking for last year?

It's not that mini really, it's got like 45k people (I think). It's around NYCC size.

Unfortunately I'll probably only be popping in Sunday this year, welp.

It's not that mini really, it's got like 45k people (I think). It's around NYCC size.

45k people :horror ...I was debating on going but I'm not too keen on crowds that size :lol

Wow...I didn't realize it had gotten so big. I have Friday off of work so hopefully there will be less of a crowd that day.

Anything you're looking for this year? What was the item you were looking for last year?

Last year I was looking to pick up a Diamond Select Star Trek Tricorder. I spent Saturday scouting all the prices to find the best deal, but come Sunday they were all gone, heh.

I've started collecting DCUC figures recently, so I'll be checking some of those out this year.

I've gone to this a few times and i never seemed to find any deals, it was as if vendors just state no tax on all items but, really they just jack the original price of the in store items up to try and fool you. I know Silver Snail was doing this.

I did enjoy my time there and noticed quite a few hot ladies here and there. First time i attended FanExpo the bloody line up took about 2.5hrs or so.

I went last year Friday and it was nice. going this year Sat after lunch and am a little worried about major line ups now that I read Valfar's comment ... maybe I should just go earlier...... Certainly bringing my camera gear ro take as many pictures as possible. Last year I was still in my infant stage but this year I am no noob!! But all I ever wanted I preordered already or picked up the moment it is out from Toys2 so not likely going to find anything but its still fun to look around .. maybe I find a cheap leaky DX02 :lol
:borg:

BTW for those who attended, was there a different/shorter line up for advanced ticket purchasers?

I live in toronto ive never been but would like to know do they have a good varity of sideshow statues for sale or is it just comic books?

thanks

BTW for those who attended, was there a different/shorter line up for advanced ticket purchasers?

I believe so, i think there was when i went. We just got our tickets there when we arrived. I hear they changed the line setup since the last time i went, which was a few years back.

thanks but nvm the decision was made when I forgot about hte deadline :lol See you guys in the line
:borg:

If you see someone wearing green hightop sneakers, please bow down before that person. You're welcome...

;)

Last year I didn't see much from my favourite show Red Dwarf. I decided that this year I would put together a Red Dwarf uniform to wear. Started work on it months ago. Took forever to find just the right clothes (especially the shirt, which I finally got on Monday).I got some custom patches made for it and they were sent from the US two weeks ago. Still haven't arrived yet. I'm hoping they'll arrive tomorrow, otherwise all my work will go to waste :mad:

Last year I didn't see much from my favourite show Red Dwarf. I decided that this year I would put together a Red Dwarf uniform to wear. Started work on it months ago. Took forever to find just the right clothes (especially the shirt, which I finally got on Monday).I got some custom patches made for it and they were sent from the US two weeks ago. Still haven't arrived yet. I'm hoping they'll arrive tomorrow, otherwise all my work will go to waste :mad:

Hopefully, there'll be more info this year, as Craig Charles has confirmed that they will be starting filming on a new series of Red Dwarf this winter. No word yet on whether it'll follow Back to Earth story-wise, or if they'll continue from where they left off in series 8.

That would suck if all your work was for nothing this year. Worst comes to worst though, you have a whole year to improve on it for 2011! :)

Back