Torchwood -Declassified (Spoiler thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do we think of CoE now we're near the end?

Didn't expect what happened last night...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cheers,
Doug

I am LOVING this new Torchwood. And I like having it every day (even if just for 5 days).

The story is brilliant... proper science fiction. The production values are great (lighting, design, music etc)... and everything has enough balance of drama, weight, humour.

It's just damn GOOD!

(not happy about what happened last night though *snif* )

one more night to go!! Damn this is good....

Brilliant, brilliant television. Today Torchwood outdid Dr Who for me. This was a truly adult drama.

Must see entertainment.

ok.... I probably can't put into words just how impressed i was with that 5 episode run of Torchwood but I'll try.

it was incredible... amazing television!

Dramatic, heart wrenching, emotional, exhausting, edge of the seat stuff. Simply WONDERFUL!!! That was REAL grown-up drama... a proper science-fiction story... and the best 5 hours if television I've seen in a long time.

Torchwood in the last 5 days gave us something that Dr Who will never do... and made the Dr Who 'specials' seem pretty pathetic. Not special at all. (in comparison... i still love dr who)

I do hope it's not over.... it's science fiction, they can always bring it around if they decide to.... I guess it'll go by ratings and other things... but as a television 'event', as a (possible) finale and send off........... that was simply outstanding.

Hats off to you Torchwood team, you delivered some incredible writing, storytelling, production values, acting, sound design, music.... all wrapped up in an engaging and engrossing package.

i will be buying those 5 hours on Bluray when it's out!!! :rock :rock :rock

I read the summaries since my internet cuts out at any moment and I agree.. and cant wait to see it end of the month here. Torchwood 4 is very dependent on the ratings but Jack is ready to travel with the Doctor for a while I think.

Man oh man, I can not wait! I don't get BBC America, so I'll be waiting for the Blu-Ray at the end of the month.

I agree that Torchwood CoE was on a completely different leve than anything in DW this year (although I must say that looks to be changing with Waters of Mars... What a freaky looking episode).

I would be very surprised indeed if Jack ever returned to Torchwood.

Bottom line: It was Five Star Entertainment. :rock

I agree that Torchwood CoE was on a completely different leve than anything in DW this year (although I must say that looks to be changing with Waters of Mars... What a freaky looking episode).

I would be very surprised indeed if Jack ever returned to Torchwood.

Bottom line: It was Five Star Entertainment. :rock

GAAAAAAAAA, why did I actually read stuff in this thread :banghead:banghead:banghead

Watched the first episode last night. Didn't know they were an hour each, can't wait to watch the rest. They honestly think they can blow up Captain Jack....I guess they forgot about the part that he couldn't die.

There's an ad for Children of Men in this week's Entertainment Weekly that states BBCA is now in HD. Looks like my carrier doesn't have it, but heads up to you other guys, maybe you're luckier than I.

It doesn't matter too much though, the Blu-Ray is released on the 28th! :banana

Back