Torchwood -Declassified (Spoiler thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was actually quite a bit of channels, including Starz and Showtime, but I was only watching Spartacus and Dexter at the time. I hardly ever watched any of the movies on those channels.

Wife and I go through about 15 Netflix discs a month, so we were getting plenty of television for $22 a month there. I had to cut some spending somewhere and cable was the easiest place to do it. Wish I could have cut cable entirely, but its baseball season now and my team plays on cable.

Ah yea than that isn't as bad. I know what you mean about cutting cable. I would love to cut cable but the woman wouldn't have that. I will see how long I enjoy the premium channels.

Ah yea than that isn't as bad. I know what you mean about cutting cable. I would love to cut cable but the woman wouldn't have that. I will see how long I enjoy the premium channels.

I cut the cable last spring and don't miss it one bit. I'll miss it more when the baseball season starts, but with Uecker doing radio out here, I'm better off listening than watching.

I wish MLB.tv would offer local games. :mad:

I cut the cable last spring and don't miss it one bit. I'll miss it more when the baseball season starts, but with Uecker doing radio out here, I'm better off listening than watching.

I wish MLB.tv would offer local games. :mad:

Oh yea, with local baseball, the only way to watch it is listen to the radio that is for sure.

Normally I don't need to watch things live unless it is a show I am really into but the woman loves watching her stuff live so she couldn't wait.

Starz cant even stream a quality trailer....hate that company. This looks good, but doesnt feel like Torchwood. More like Torchwood 2.0. I'll see it, of course, but makes me miss the 'old crew' all the same. Hardly even saw Gwen in the trailer....

I gotta be honest, while I loved series 1-3 of Torchwood this new series (or is it a season now since it is US produced?) seems a little dumb.

I just watched the 1st episode of Torchwood:Miracle Day and it was pretty damn good. I won't give any thing away.
There's no thread for the show though,other than this?

The first episode blew me away. I am not a huge Torchwood fan in general because of the constant and unneccessary pandering to certain agendas, but I liked this episode a lot. Very glad they killed off the crappy characters from previous seasons and started almost from scratch aside from Jack and Gwen. The new characters are excelllent additions. I cancelled Starz a while ago so I have to wait to get the rest of the season from netflix, but I'll be there when its out.

I've watched Torchwood pretty faithful since it first aired. I thought Children of Earth was one of the more gut wrenching things I've ever seen on TV, even more than The Walking Dead and I love The Walking Dead.
I just watched the first episode last night of Miracle Day and I'm not super-impressed but I am hoping to be. I don't know if I miss people like Ianto or Toshiko or what it is exactly.
I'm hoping as this new series unravels it has some big pay offs. The premise is pretty horrific. If you follow through what has been set up to its conclusion it sounds like the world is headed for a hellish situation. When I first heard about the premise I thought people didn't die because they received some kind of healing ability. It sounds like people will still age but never die. So eventually society will break down from over crowding and the resources drying up but in a 100 years everyone will be too weak too move and be laying around in their own filth suffering for eternity. On top of that the Bill Pullman character can victimize people for as long as he wants. If someone has cancer they are stuck suffering from that forever. It's an intriguing and scary premise, I'm just hoping it builds at a good pace and the reveals are satisfying.

Pretty Jack and Gwen lite for episode 2. It looks like that's going to change next episode, and it really needs to asap. I understand they have to set things up for new viewers, but if this is Torchwood, then Jack and Gwen should be front and center. Right now, they're mearly supporting characters, with Rex Matheson and Esther Drummond appearing to be the leads.

Oh, and I can't stand the Lauren Ambrose character. Her acting is even more over the top than Mekhi Phifer.

I'm liking this so far. Last nights episode was funny (that whole plane scene was hilarious). Never been a fan of Dr. Who and I've never seen any Dr. Who episodes or any of the original Torchwood stuff so my first experience with all this is this series. And so far I'm digging it. I'll keep watching.

So according to my wife (who caught a glimpse of it while I was watching it) the little blonde CIA girl used to be on one of the soap opera's she used to watch. :lol

I'm liking this so far. Last nights episode was funny (that whole plane scene was hilarious). Never been a fan of Dr. Who and I've never seen any Dr. Who episodes or any of the original Torchwood stuff so my first experience with all this is this series. And so far I'm digging it. I'll keep watching.

So according to my wife (who caught a glimpse of it while I was watching it) the little blonde CIA girl used to be on one of the soap opera's she used to watch. :lol

Glad you like it. Episode 2 was all about Gwen and I'm so glad she got to be the center of things as everything she said last night left me LMAO. I'm really digging Miracle Day and so far its proving to be a damn good follow up to Children of Earth.

I've watched Torchwood pretty faithful since it first aired. I thought Children of Earth was one of the more gut wrenching things I've ever seen on TV, even more than The Walking Dead and I love The Walking Dead.
I just watched the first episode last night of Miracle Day and I'm not super-impressed but I am hoping to be. I don't know if I miss people like Ianto or Toshiko or what it is exactly.
I'm hoping as this new series unravels it has some big pay offs. The premise is pretty horrific. If you follow through what has been set up to its conclusion it sounds like the world is headed for a hellish situation. When I first heard about the premise I thought people didn't die because they received some kind of healing ability. It sounds like people will still age but never die. So eventually society will break down from over crowding and the resources drying up but in a 100 years everyone will be too weak too move and be laying around in their own filth suffering for eternity. On top of that the Bill Pullman character can victimize people for as long as he wants. If someone has cancer they are stuck suffering from that forever. It's an intriguing and scary premise, I'm just hoping it builds at a good pace and the reveals are satisfying.

The premise is truly "horrific" as you say and makes for absolutely great science fiction. Its like if the whole world has been afflicted with Owen Harper's "living death" or as if Rhys said to Jack last night (paraphrasing), "the whole world is like the way you used to be." But what's so different here (and ultimately horrific) is that Jack had a super fast healing factor. None of Earth's "immortal" population have that. Nor can they regenerate like a Time Lord. So, you're right. You get a terminal illness and you're screwed with no hopes of miraculous healing, regeneration or death. This is such a great plot device for a story that is associated with the much larger story and universe of Doctor Who. Miracle Day's immortality is like the complete antithesis of a Time Lord's longevity or Jack's own never ending life. It ain't a Miracle, that's for sure.

Back