Top 5 videogames of all time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T2FANATIC

Super Freak
Reaction score
This has probably been done before but thought i'd start a top 5 videogame thread.

I am listing my top 5 in no particular order and the reasons why I love them so much.

Legend of Zelda Ocarine of time: Addictive, great graphics and music and a pretty good storyline. Dungeon designs were genius.

Shenmue 1 and 2: Great martial arts, great visuals, interesting characters and music which blew me away

Max Payne: Bullet Time.

Clive Barkers Undying: Scared the living c**p out of me. Probably because I was young. This game was dripping in atmosphere and it had some great voice acting and the sound effects were real creepy.

Goldeneye: Great graphics, great controls, fun missions and amazing multiplayer.

Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past
Super Mario World
Goldeneye
Street Fighter II

I don't think I need to give the reasons ^_^

1. Sonic The Hedgehog
2. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
3. Sonic 3
4. Marvel Vs Capcom 2
5. Gears Of War

there ALL my favorite games.

This has probably been done before but thought i'd start a top 5 videogame thread.

I am listing my top 5 in no particular order and the reasons why I love them so much.

Legend of Zelda Ocarine of time: Addictive, great graphics and music and a pretty good storyline. Dungeon designs were genius.

Shenmue 1 and 2: Great martial arts, great visuals, interesting characters and music which blew me away

Max Payne: Bullet Time.

Clive Barkers Undying: Scared the living c**p out of me. Probably because I was young. This game was dripping in atmosphere and it had some great voice acting and the sound effects were real creepy.

Goldeneye: Great graphics, great controls, fun missions and amazing multiplayer.

I like your list. It's full of games from before 2000. Not that there's anything wrong with that (because there have been fantastic games after 2000), but it's good to know someone's been gaming since the 90's.

Doing these lists is hard if I want to be exact about it, as I might just have forgotten about an awesome game. My list:

Grim Fandango - Funniest - and oddest - adventure game, ever.

Super Mario 64 -I bought this on the day of its release. Rocked my world.

Phantasy Star Online - My first online rpg. Very addictive and surprisingly simple.

Shenmue 1 - At the time, the visuals and open environments were incredible.

Chrono Trigger (and later Chrono Cross) - SquareSoft's best 16-bit RPG, imo.

There's a huge list of honorable mentions I want to list, but I won't. A couple games recent games would make the list though (Ico, Bioshock)

1: streets of rage 2
2: gears of war 2
3: street fighter 3rd strike
4: goldeneye
5: Doom 2

Call of Duty WAW, cant get enough of the Zombie missions.
Dead Space, very aptmospheric, underpant changes aplenty.
Dead Rising.
Zelda
Star Wars Lego

In no particular order:

Super Metroid
Goldeneye
Final Fantasy 7
Resident Evil 4
Mario 64

Super Metroid (Super NES)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Metal Gear Solid (Playstation)
Phantasy Star II (Sega Genesis)
Skies of Arcadia (Sega Dreamcast)

1:mario 64
2:metal gear solid 2
3:resident evil 4
4:eek:carina of time
5:gta san andreas

1. Planescape: Torment
2. Fallout
3. Knights of the Old Republic
4. The Longest Journey
5. Mass Effect

Half-Life 2 - The source engine used for CS, Portal, TF2 etc

The Legend of Zelda : A Link To The Past - Best rpg ever

Battlefield 2 - 64 player online combat with land, sea, and air

BioShock - Incredible art direction and characters

Doom 3 - The lighting and sound create a perfect atmosphere

1. Resident Evil- rented this game back with my brother when i was ten and we stayed up all night scaring the heck out of each other and loving this game. the graphics and story were amazing at the time.

2.Resident Evil 2 - a perfection of what the first game was

3.Legend of Zelda a link to the past - this game ruled my life for almost a year me and my next door neighboor built up myths surrounding this game, we were young and sucked at video games and it took us 4 months to get past the 3rd dungeon but every minute of it was amazing.

4.Legend of zelda ocarina of time - my first and only N64 game for a year (didnt get alot of money) the same feeling with link to the past cept on a much grander scale

5. Metal Gear Solid - one of the first games i felt emotion in, opened my eyes up to what a story could be.

Back