Top 5 Things why PT Didn't work for me!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGent

Super Freak
Reaction score
5. Anakin's father - the holy ghost?
4. Flying Troopers
3. Flying R2-D2
2. "Have the protocol droid's mind wiped."
1. Jar Jar Binks

Now you.

1. Lucas' poor, bland, soulless directing.

2. Everyone's poor, bland, soulless acting.

3. Taking cool villians, and turning them into _____es...every single time.

4. Hayden Christanian. It's always been him. Jumper was ____.

5. Everything else.

5. people who still complain about the prequels
4. people who still complain about the prequels
3. people who still complain about the prequels
2. people who still complain about the prequels
1. people who still complain about the prequels and start threads to complain more about the prequels

Top 5 isn't enough....

1. Lucas's directing, story and editing.

2. Most of the Villains had potential, yet they Lucas chopped them up into a bunch of pussies. Maul is a bad ass, yet we weren't scared of him...How cool if the story line could have been if he went to the Gundans and wiped they all out...

3. Yoda...could have been EPIC, yet his part of the story was weak, he was always short changing his Jedi's, apparently he wasn't strong enough to read Anakin's mind or feel his feelings and the weak ass retreat when he fought the Emperor.

4. TPM...this movie was really horrible...Too childish, too cartoony, the costumes was horrible, battle droids, Jar Jar...yuck, I can go on and on here.

5. Anakin/Vader...I LOVE Vader, but Lucas ruined the whole story line for me. From that bowl haircut little boy, to that pathetic actor Hayden whining for two movies...Just awful.

Because I actually like the prequels, I'll choose to post a rebuttal :nana:

Anakin's Father - the Holy Ghost?: Or perhaps the mother didn't want to tell the truth, then again, maybe it was the Force itself.

Flying Troopers - See space trooper Episode IV

Flying R2-D2 - Jets on a robot in a sci-fi film with advanced spacecraft is unacceptable? Really?!

C-3PO mind wiped - Makes perfect sense, see Uncle Owen requesting the same exact thing.

Jar Jar - 1. If you were the age you were when you saw the OT, you'd love him. 2. Even still, he's no worse than the Ewoks. 3. He had to be naive in order to make his big proposal.

CGI - Much prefer CGI to models that you can tell are models

Hayden Christiansen acting - I've done a side by side comparison of HC and MH and it's almost identical. Both were whiny and the delivery is virtually the same. Lucas followed the exact same formula almost to a tee.

Turning cool villains into kitty cats - and Boba Fett's death didn't?

My only complaint is that I didn't feel the first two movies were long enough and that the story was a bit rushed. That said, this is Vader's backstory and it had to be told. Young Anakin couldn't be older to begin with as it was hard enough to get him into training as it was. That said, because of his age, the first movie had to have the tone that it did. The PT moved from light-hearted and fun to serious and dark by Episode III.

I thoroughly enjoyed them for what they were supposed to do and watched it with the mindset of when I was 10 watching the OT.

5. people who still complain about the prequels
4. people who still complain about the prequels
3. people who still complain about the prequels
2. people who still complain about the prequels
1. people who still complain about the prequels and start threads to complain more about the prequels

:goodpost::exactly:

Anakin's Father - the Holy Ghost?: Or perhaps the mother didn't want to tell the truth, then again, maybe it was the Force itself.

It was Palpatine. he alludes to that fact in the Opera, but there was also some dialogue that got axed when Palpatine reveals this to Anakin when he tells him that he is the Sith Lord. Wish they had decided to keep it, but could also understand why it got removed. I'm not even sure it got filmed.

5) People complaining the TPM was to much for Kids. I thought Star Wars was for kids.
4) People complaining about Anakin being to much of a whiner- hmmmm see Luke Skywalker in A New Hope
3) People complaining about poor dilogue- Nerf Herder??? really????
2) People complaining about JAR JAR- At least he didn't bring down the almighty Empire...
1) People still knocking the PT 5 years later :nana:

Oh yeah I still like the OT better but both Trilogies have there flaws and great moments as well.

Because I actually like the prequels, I'll choose to post a rebuttal :nana:

Flying Troopers - See space trooper Episode IV

Flying R2-D2 - Jets on a robot in a sci-fi film with advanced spacecraft is unacceptable? Really?!

C-3PO mind wiped - Makes perfect sense, see Uncle Owen requesting the same exact thing.

Jar Jar - 1. If you were the age you were when you saw the OT, you'd love him. 2. Even still, he's no worse than the Ewoks. 3. He had to be naive in order to make his big proposal.

CGI - Much prefer CGI to models that you can tell are models

Hayden Christiansen acting - I've done a side by side comparison of HC and MH and it's almost identical. Both were whiny and the delivery is virtually the same. Lucas followed the exact same formula almost to a tee.

Turning cool villains into kitty cats - and Boba Fett's death didn't?

:goodpost:

Watching one of my favorite characters accidently get knocked in the Pit was not very excited for me as kid. :gah:

As much as the PT bothers me... this thread is just unecessary. No need to have yet another rehash of "the battle of the trilogies".

1. Bad, confusing, non-OT accurate script :gah:
2. Anakin (WTF was Lucas thinking :slap)
3. Midichlorians (WTF was Lucas thinking :thud:)
4. Stupid Jar Jar (WTF was Lucas thinking :cuckoo:)

5. Crappola acting (except McDiarmid who was stellar)

Yeah! Because he wasn't able to fly in a movie that was shot earlier but played years later in the timeline?! :slap

Actually its been confirmed that ESB was updated for the blu-ray so that when Luke is levitating things on Dagobah and loses his concentration R2 no longer crashes down but instead activates his rockets and lands gently on the ground.

5) People complaining the TPM was to much for Kids. I thought Star Wars was for kids.
4) People complaining about Anakin being to much of a whiner- hmmmm see Luke Skywalker in A New Hope
3) People complaining about poor dilogue- Nerf Herder??? really????
2) People complaining about JAR JAR- At least he didn't bring down the almighty Empire...
1) People still knocking the PT 5 years later :nana:

Oh yeah I still like the OT better but both Trilogies have there flaws and great moments as well.

:goodpost::exactly:

Actually its been confirmed that ESB was updated for the blu-ray so that when Luke is levitating things on Dagobah and loses his concentration R2 no longer crashes down but instead activates his rockets and lands gently on the ground.

I really hope to god you are just messign with me, Khev. :mad:

Back